“Great time!!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Claremorris
Dublin, Ireland
“Great time!!”
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Stayed in the McWilliam Park Hotel recently with a Friend and I have to say it was fantastic from the start. I could not fault a thing, Our room was lovely and Spacious, the facilities are clean, the pool was even warm!!. Food in the restaurant was amazing, we had the Steak, so good that we went back on our second evening to sample more delights. Staff are lovely and cannot do enought to help. This is my second time visiting here and I'll be back as soon as I can. Thanks McWilliam!!

Room Tip: Make sure your not placed over Kavanghs Barr as they have entertainment most nights and rooms above...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed September 8, 2011

Have literally just returned from the McWilliam Park hotel with extended family. We booked 5 rooms in total. We got excellent value from Supervalu and Lidl breaks. We could not fault this hotel. The staff are really excellent and a special mention to GERARD who works in the bar and restaurant, whom we found to be so friendly, helpful and jolly. He is indeed an excellent asset to this hotel.

The whole experience was excellent from start to finish. We had a wonderful meal in the restaurant on our first night and after that had bar food, which was very good. The leisure centre is lovely and wasn't too busy when we were there, which was great.

The rooms were fine, we all thought though that a fridge in the room would be an added bonus.

Overall, a very enjoyable stay had by all and we would have no hesitation whatsoever in returning.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 6, 2011

From the start we received a warm friendly welcome from the reception staff. Our room was lovely and spacious, with double & single bed. Our son loved the Pool he just could not get enough of it. He wanted to be in it every 5 mins. The pool staff were very child friendly. Breakfast was lovely both morning lots of selection, My son eat so many strawberries & really liked the pancakes. The staff were young and energetic, very professional and could not do enough to make you feel comfortable, nothing was to much trouble. Lovely friendly staff its nice to have smiling staff serve you breakfast. We had Dinner in the bar on one eveving and it was excellant. I could not fault it. Large portions, cooked to perfection. Really lovely. Reception staff were very helpful and friendly on departure made our son feel very important. Will def return, planning our next trip already. I feel it is the staff that make a hotel and you have that. Best of luck in the future and thanks for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed August 2011
Monaghan, Ireland
Reviewed September 5, 2011

Thoroughly enjoyed this hotel. Food excellent and service in Dinning Room was brilliant. Staff were great and so patient even with kids. Will definitely be back. Many thanks from Monaghan.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Quin, Ireland
Reviewed September 2, 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here in August for a wedding (in which the reception was held.) While I think the reception was fabulously done - from the food to the late night resident's bar, the hotel itself wasn't well built for being such a new property. We went up on the Thursday night (before the wedding) because it was a long drive and I hadn't gotten a lot of sleep over the previous nights. I figured staying at a hotel that cost 150+/night, I could get a decent night's sleep and be fresh for the wedding the next day. All I needed was a comfortable bed and some peace and quiet. Did I get that? NO. NOT EVEN CLOSE. All night long (and by all night, I mean well past 3am) I could hear drunk people talking and yelling, and doors slamming. The doors to the rooms are not soundproofed AT ALL and you can hear EVERYTHING that is outside your room. There is also a dividing door that sections the hallway off from the hallway overlooking the reception, but this door makes a noise everytime it closes that sounds like a bomb is going off. Early the next morning, there were children crying and talking loud in the hallways starting around 7am. Now, I can't blame the children for not using inside voices but I can blame that there was absolutely NO soundproofing in the rooms.

When my boyfriend went down to complain the next morning, we were told there were no children on our floor and that some pilots were staying near us and they were the cause of the problems. First, we saw playpens outside the rooms the next morning/afternoon when the maids were cleaning so there were definitely children throughout our hall.

At the end of it all, we were able to get some money off, and again, I thought the wedding was well done. BUT (and its a BIG BUT) I would never stay here again, never recommend it to anyone, and would never recommend having a wedding here until guests can get a good night's sleep (without having to be dosed with alcohol) after the reception.

Room Tip: stay away from the family halls. rooms don't have soundproofing and can hear children.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank lilvtchic
Reviewed August 31, 2011

Great hotel stay in room 235 on 29 for two nights great kids club great pool great bar staff good food will b back

• Stayed August 2011
Dublin
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We spent 2 nights here and returned home today and glad to be!

First of all when we booked about 2 months ago I asked if there were any big functions/weddings booked in - was told no.

Arrived on the Saturday to a wedding of over 200 and didn't get much sleep as heard other guests in lobby / corridor til about 4am! This is the exact reason for asking about functions - we know from experience that sleep will be minimal. I doubt a wedding of approx 200 was booked in the space of 2 months......?!!?

Our 1st floor room was next to the fire door of the main corridor that leads to the open ground floor lobby (heard all sorts from our room with our door shut!).

On the Sunday night music was playing in a function room until 1am - as you can imagine we got very little sleep on both nights.

Food at breakfast / dinner wasn't of a good standard at all (not 4 star in our opinion). Veg overcooked, meat overdone and dry.

We found the beds too firm and no air con in the rooms - would have come in handy as found it too warm. 2 very loose connection electricity sockets/light switches - which is extremely hazardous - reported to reception on check-out.

This hotel isn't for us and with everything in mind, won't be returning.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank manxgirl08
Also consider these accommodations in or near Claremorris
Park Hotel
#1 of 1 in Knock
The Gateway Hotel
The Gateway Hotel
#1 of 1 in Swinford

Been to McWilliam Park Hotel? Share your experiences!