“Eaten here many times and it is always good”

The Old Arch - Bar & Bistro
Ranked #4 of 19 Restaurants in Claremorris
Cuisines: European
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I think it is fair to say that this is a very good choice and excellent value. It is consistent and the food quality is very good. 23 euro is good for lunch within coffee

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This is a great place to eat. We had the surf & turf and can highly recomend it and the eton mess is a must !!! even on a busy friday night the staff were very attentive, keep up the good work and thanks for a great night.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

waited 25 minutes for a bowl of soup while the manager sat behind our table with other guests having a great conversation, not minding what was going on in her restaurant while the supervisor looked stressed. Not impressed at all.

2  Thank Bubblegumbelle
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We fancied a change so we thought we would give The Old Arch a go.

On arriving at the restaurant we noticed that it was very busy (always a good sign)
a member of staff politely told us that we would need to wait a few minutes for
a table as we had not booked in advance.

After a short while myself and my wife were shown to a table and given our
menu's.

While waiting for our food we had a look at the restaurant, it looked very smart
and well decorated and clean.

Our first course arrived in a reasonable time and looked very tasty, we had a
fair portion of food on the plate (no fine dining here!) and most importantly
tasted excellent, my wifes stake was done exactly as she had asked for it to be
cooked (which makes me wonder about one of the previous reviews on here)

I had the salmon which was cooked just right.

Compliments to the chef all round.

My wife also ordered a glass of wine, I noted that the glass was very clean and
that it did not arrive with any finger marks on the glass.

My wife popped to the toilet while at the restaurant and she noted that the toilets
again seemed very clean and well stocked.

When it came to paying for our food the lady who took our payment seemed very
friendly and helpful (contrary to one of the previous reviews on here) , she did
have to leave us for a few minutes to deal with another customer however as it
was very busy that was fair enough.

Pros: Very good food, polite and friendly staff, pleasant atmosphere, reasonable prices.

Cons: A little cramped, booking advisable as it gets very busy!

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Beautiful restaurant very comfortable and good (not excellent) quality food.
However, this place is overpriced and most staff seem indifferent to your presence and their job to serve you to the best of their ability. I believe this is down to the manager who could be seen rushing around the place ordering (not asking) staff here and there to do whatever. This seemed to be creating a bad atmosphere between management and staff. The manager came to our table once and was just not friendly. Its like as if she didn't want to be there.
The title of this review says it all really, GOOD FOOD, OVERPRICED, POOR MANAGEMENT!

1  Thank Tom T