“Great coffee shop with lovely cakes”
Review of Aghnas Coffe Shop

Aghnas Coffe Shop
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Claremorris
Cuisines: Irish, International
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Leeds UK
“Great coffee shop with lovely cakes”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We ordered the sandwich and cake deal which was great value and the banana bread is gorgeous! Lovely coffee, good service. Right next door to the leisure centre, there is also a good range of cakes and scones available to take away.

Visited August 2013

Castlebar, Ireland
“Tasty but expensive, busy but can be noisy”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I have eaten here on a number of occasions, most recently on Saturday after the weekly shop. This time I ordered a ham and cheese toasted sandwich and hot chocolate. It was a lunch that earns five stars, but based on taste alone. I think it's fair to say that €5.95 is too much to charge for a portion that only uses two bread slices. I was finished eating within five minutes. In addition, this communal hot-spot tends to attract the noise of post-food-shopping families and pseudo-Sex and the City coffee dates. Having said that, we probably dropped in at their peak time. I find that the staff are quite friendly for the most part. However, I do remember one particular occasion when the radio was turned off and the air-conditioning was turned right down near closing-time, presumably to coax us out of the place. Then again, it says something that we have continued to return - but mostly as a treat.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JellyBellyJennifer
“Lovely, busy coffee shop”
Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I have been to Aghnas a number of times over the year and it is consistently good. Their homemade coleslaw and potato salad are delicious and their deserts are gorgeous. The staff are always very friendly and attentive and the place is always busy, especially at lunchtime. It can tend to be slightly expensive however they do meal deals to include soup and sambo combos which are good value.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Mark G
castlebar
“Great value variety”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I would be a regular customer at Aghna's since it opened 10 years ago. I have never been disappointed with anything I have ordered. I love the baked potatoes with freshly prepared salads or on a cold day I usually have one of the lunch specials which are usually served with lovely mashed potato and fresh veg or sometimes there are pasta dishes on..spinach and feta cheese canneloni is my favourite. Aghna's is one of the few places I know that have recently reduced their prices, they now do a sandwich meal deal for €5.95 and a wrap deal for €8.95 and specials are always under a tenner. The restaurant is always clean and the staff very friendly. I must also mention the desserts...I try not to indulge too much but they are so delicious it is hard to stay away and they are all home cooked on the premises by Aghna herself. I recently spotted a sign in Aghnas explaining that they use local products and suppliers free range eggs etc and I think this is very important.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank sharpieCastlebar
Mayo
“Nice enough place”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Have been here a few times, It is a little over priced for what you get. Would not say it is good value for lunch and most of the lunches are re heated. Some of the Staff are friendly but there are a few working there that need to brush up on their customers skills. Sweet things are over priced. Not a place I would be rushing back to

• Visited March 2013