“Beautiful b&b - make sure you're hungry!”
Review of Oakdale Manor

Oakdale Manor
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Claremorris
Oakdale Manor
Ranked #4 of 7 Claremorris B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 4, 2010

Lovely house and spacious, clean room. We received a lovely welcome from Carmel with tea and biscuits and she couldn't offer to help us enough. Breakfasts are enormous and she's happy to cook you anything you want. Really quiet and relaxing and amazingly cheap.
Well recommended!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank RebeccaSackman

Reviewed June 5, 2010

If you like historic settings and staying in centuries-old manor houses, the Oakdale Manor is a place to try. While very close to the center of town, it feels like one is staying on a large country site. The wonderful home is far more special than the typical B&B, and the host attends to many details when it comes to a guest's comfort. There are optional heating sources for those who want more warmth than other guests, the rooms are spacious, the beds are very comfortable, and the breakfast is great. Having wireless access is a nice benefit as well. A warm welcome and kind attention is well-appreciated.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank leopardtoes
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I stayed in the wonderful Oakdale Manor last week as I had some business in the area. Carmel greeted me with tea, biscuits and a lovely chat! The room was beautiful and the shower was powerful (always something I look ot for!!)

I asked Carmel if she minded giving me a (very) early breakfast and what a spread appeared before me! It was gorgeous and I would love to stay there again, even if I didn't have to be exactly in Claremorris, I would certainly travel again.

Carmel could give courses on customer service as she is truly an expert and also, she knows how to keep her customers coming back - a recesssion will never affect a business like that!

Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank HighFlyerGalway
Reviewed September 30, 2009

We've just returned from a wonderful week's holiday staying at Oakdale Manor. We have never met a hostess so helpful and accommodating. Nothing was too much trouble. Carmel even had a request played for us on the local radio station!
Make sure you diet before you stay there! Her breakfasts don't come in child-size portions!
The house is old and full of character. The three bedrooms are very spacious with high ceilings. Two of the rooms can be used as either a double or twin with a full ensuite bathroom, including bath as well as shower. Each room has a lovely settee to relax in the evenings. The third bedroom is a family room with a private shower room next door.
The house is set back from the main road, but if you want total peace ask for room 1 which is at the back of the house.
If you want to stay somewhere different from the run-of-the-mill Irish b&bs then Oakdale Manor won't disappoint.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank travmanDorset_UK
Reviewed June 18, 2009

Having visited Oakdale Manor during a short visit to Southern Ireland for my birthday, I wanted to express my thanks and feedback what a 'gem' this B&B truely is,

We had such a lovely time there &.Tom & Carmel were so welcoming....nothing was too much trouble for them, they made sure we settled in well and enjoyed our time there. Our experience there was truely memorable.. giving us real insight to genuine Irish life, kind hospitality and their warm hearts.

The B&B is set in beautiful grounds, a 'leafy' setting commanding nice views. Carmel's breakfasts are a MUST! so much choice it was delicious. I'd challenge anyone to starting their day any better than having a breakfast there! The B&B location is also only a stone's throw from the town centre where you can find nice places to eat and drink.

If you're after a truely Irish experience, with friendly hosts and a laid back seeting....I wouldn't hesitate in recommending this lovely B&B .

Thanks Tom & Carmel!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank slbSouthCheshire
Reviewed June 16, 2009

Carmel aims to please. From the moment we arrived, Carmel made us feel right at home. She knew we were researching our family history, and did some research ahead of our visit to help us. The room was spacious and sunny. The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was very clean and spacious. She left several water bottles in our room. The breakfast room was lovely, with a hutch filled with her collection of blue and white china. Breakfast itself was wonderful - smoked salmon and eggs, and a large selection of cereals, scones and brown bread. Carmen and her husband are delightful hosts and really want you to enjoy your stay. A perfect Irish B & B in all respects.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends