“Thrilling!”
Review of Raglan Rock

Raglan Rock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Raglan Rock offers rock climbing, canyoning and caving. We lead our clients on unique and unparalleled adventures, creating everlasting memories whilst helping people challenge themselves. Raglan Rock puts you in breath taking situations where you will marvel at the views of the rugged west coast seascape and stunning native bush. Prepare to have your senses stimulated as you climb skyward. We pride ourselves in running adventures to cater to all levels of abilities that wish to come and enjoy the great outdoors. All equipment and instruction is provided with free pick up and drop off available from Raglan.
Reviewed April 25, 2014

I was initially skeptical of the 5 star score. But the adventure we had with Gareth lived up to and surpassed our expectations.

We climbed for a day at a beautiful, remote location that Gareth has exclusive access to. The rock formations were diverse, challenging but also extremely accessible for beginners. Gareth was respectful of our skill levels (the only prerequisite was to be keen), knowledgable, helpful and genuinely enthusiastic in a way I hadn't seen before on anything like this.

I've been climbing inside for a while now and this was my first time outdoors. I came away with a renewed enthusiasm for the sport and a better, more confident rock climber.

After living in New Zealand all my life and partaking in almost every type of adventure tourism this country has to offer I can surely say that this tops it. I will definitely be back for more.

Highly recommended.

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Whilst on honeymoon we decided to try outdoor climbing for the first time. Glad we chose Raglan Rock! Gareth was a great instructor - tuition was spot on, we learned a lot - and had a great time along the way. Would defnitely recomend to any one remotely in the area - would definitely book again if in the area. Thanks very much Gareth, we had a great day and are excited to carry on. Sam & Jo - Sheffield UK

Reviewed April 17, 2014

What can I say, awesome day caving. You WILL be pushed to your limits but Gareth will reassuringly help you through and we felt nice, safe and confident all day. His great sense of humour makes the day fly by and it's as near a perfect such day as you'll get. Only sad thing is he'll certainly get busier and could lose that 'hanging with a mate for the day' kind of feel which made it extra special. Keep it up mate, you're doing great.

Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I would've been happy with an afternoon of climbing, but we got much more - a great training session on the techniques and equipment used in outdoor climbing, a stunning location, a friendly and enthusiastic instructor / guide, and to top it off Gareth snapped a set of photos of us climbing. Gareth encouraged us to push our limits, while still maintaining safety and comfort. Thanks! Will be back to try out the caving too!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Had an amazing day rock climbing yesterday with Gareth. Highlight of my trip! Heaps of laughs and good times. Your a star!!
Ash