“Sickter Rock Climbing!”
Review of Raglan Rock

Raglan Rock
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Raglan Rock offers rock climbing, canyoning and caving. We lead our clients on unique and unparalleled adventures, creating everlasting memories whilst helping people challenge themselves. Raglan Rock puts you in breath taking situations where you will marvel at the views of the rugged west coast seascape and stunning native bush. Prepare to have your senses stimulated as you climb skyward. We pride ourselves in running adventures to cater to all levels of abilities that wish to come and enjoy the great outdoors. All equipment and instruction is provided with free pick up and drop off available from Raglan.
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Amazing rock climbing trip with Gareth! We were pretty much first time rock climbers and Gareth did a fantastic job making us feel at ease and confident about scaling the rocks. Awesome value for money with heaps of time for climbing, and a wealth of knowledge about rock climbing and the surrounding area. Can't wait to go back and do it again!

All reviews
"gum boots"
"amazing family"
"knowledgeable guide"
in 2 reviews
"highly recommend this trip"
"felt completely safe"
"dad jokes"
"amazing rock"
"an amazing experience"
"outdoor activity"

Reviewed November 11, 2013

Over labour weekend myself and my partner did Raglan Rock rock climbing and caving. On the Saturday we did the rock climbing which went for about 4.5 hours. I had never done rock climbing before so I was a bit aprehensive. We were provided with special rock climbing shoes and all the other rock climbing equipment was provided. There were two instuctors for 7 climbers. The insturctors were very suportive and gave plenty of encouragement as well as ensuring we were always safe. There were a lot of different climbs to cater for any level of ability.
It was very tiring but very fun.

The second day (Sunday) we did the caving. Again a lot of fun. The caves had lots of stelligmites and stellegmites and some fossils (mostly shells). You do get very wet but nobody got cold. There are some tight squeezes but we a constantly reassured that some very big people have made it though there before us. Since out team was doing quite well we took a more challenging route home. That ment crawling for quite a while through a small tunnely. (If anyone on the group would have had a problem with that we would have just taken the intended easier route).
Over all a lot of fun and very memorable. We were covered from head to toe in mud by the end (actually by about 1 hour into it), and clean up consisted of sitting in stream before changing clothes. A lot of fun and would totally recommend anyone considering it

Reviewed November 10, 2013

This was an awesome experience as first time rock climbers and first time visitors to Raglan. Gareth is passionate about climbing and Raglan and ensured the climbing was continuously challenging, light hearted and above all carried out in a very safe and professional manner. We had such a fun day and Gareth was able to recommend local accommodation, attractions and eateries all of which we visited and loved. Already planning our next trip back to Raglan and our next challenge.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

When we planned our trip to NZ, adventure caving was one of the activities I was looking forward to most, and it did not disappoint! I'd even say it was better than I expected. It was only 3 of us: the guide, Gareth, and me and my husband. Gareth outfitted us in jumpsuits, boots, hard hats, and lamps, and we set off into the cave. We spent 3-4 hours navigating our way through the cave including crawling, climbing, and squeezing through places you wouldn't think the human body would be able to get through. I had so much fun that I wish would could have spent 3-4 more hours caving. If you want a real NZ caving adventure and don't mind getting dirty then this is for you! Gareth is very helpful throughout the way, and he will tell you tons of great things about the cave. We were even lucky enough to see hundreds of glo-worms! If you want an adventure, then I would recommend this caving trip over any of the others. It was totally worth every penny, and I would do it again in a heartbeat. I would recommend this as a NZ must do!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 1, 2013

I always loved climbing in caves and the feeling of a totally different world underneath the surface but the actual caving is a whole new experience! Gareth was an incredible guide and it was definitely one of the best adventures I've had in NZ! You can choose a beautiful tour around the caves with a few challenging bits but when you love a real adventure I'd definitely recommend the Rattlesnake!! You've got to squeeze through holes and crawl through a tunnel full of mud which is getting smaller and smaller. You can choose to walk along the underground river where you have to dip your head underwater to reach the other side. And it is getting better and better the longer you climb through those caves.
Gareth takes really good care of you and chooses the route to your abilities. He'll send you the photos he took via E-Mail. You can hardly find a more personalised guided tour in NZ!
I really have to thank Raglan Rock for this amazing day!
Highly recommended!