“Fantastic New Zealand experience”

Wildcoast Ruapuke Horse Riding
Reviewed November 23, 2013

This offers a real taste of the New Zealand horse riding experience. Riding over farmland to the sea, it's magical all the way.

All reviews
in 6 reviews
"farmland"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed October 5, 2013

It was ages since I'd been on a horse, had forgotten how awesome it is. I've done a lot of treks and this was definitely the best one yet, they had a great mix of bush/beach/farmland ... a beautiful way to see New Zealand. Our group were a mixed bunch from different countries and all good fun, our guide Wayne was really hardcase and fun to chat with. Awesome way to spend a day outside, and loved going for a gallop along the sand! Gorgeous!

Reviewed July 20, 2013

A fantastic trek on the wild west coast. Super friendly and knowledgable hosts. The horses are in great condition and suit all levels of rider. I love this trek because you get to have a canter/gallop on the beach if you want to. The guides are very friendly and offer plenty of guidance to those of us that need it. I recommend this to any tourist wanting a truly kiwi experience, it's also fantastic for a kiwi, really makes you appreciate our beautiful country and friendly people.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My partner booked it for us for my birthday and it was one of the best presents I've ever got. Riding through the ruggedness and the wilderness of the west coast was just unbelievable. The host was really friendly and accommodating and the horses were just beautiful.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 16, 2013

For those people who do not ride a horse very often if ever, this was a great afternoon, we had looked at a lot of Horse Trekking places but did not find one with the variation of this one. Hilly farmland, bush( and remember to duck under the trees), sand dunes and then a quick swim in the sea before a bit of hahoo! up the beach as fast as you want. The horses know what to do and if you are like me just hang on and enjoy. On our trip was an experienced rider who also enjoyed the trip had fun especially on the wide open beach. With the owners also looking after us with encouragement and advice we both ended up knowing we had been riding.