Raglan Farmstay
Ocean View Raglan Bed & Breakfast(Raglan)(Great Value!)
$84
Raglan Sunset Motel(Raglan)(Great Value!)
$101
$90
Raglan Palm Beach Motel(Raglan)(Great Value!)
$93
$90
Raglan Kopua Holiday Park(Raglan)(Great Value!)
$54
$124
$84
  • Pool
Classic Motel(Hamilton)
Fountain City Motor Inn(Hamilton)(Great Value!)
$96
$72
Hotels.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewshost chrisplace to stayspa poolhot tubperfect staycomfortable bedfarmhousecaravandeckingviewsaucklandtownsurfersbackpackers
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Mu husband and I stayed here for 3 nights. The owner was away traveling and the staff caring for the grounds were excellent hosts. They were fun to talk to and provided a great breakfast spread each morning. We stayed in the mountain suite, which has a gorgeous view. The room itself is rather small, but the view makes up for that. The farm seems like a work in progress, and I hope the vision is carried out for next time we visit Raglan. They also have the sweetest, most darling cat named Lolo. I loved the cat so much, and I am NOT a cat person. I recommend staying here!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were disappointed by the noise, as this was not a traditional B&B but more a rowdy backpacker commune. We arrived here from Ohope beach and really wanted a quiet, relaxed stay before departing for Auckland. In the owner's absence the house was 'managed' by an unpaid staffer/volunteer who invited his friends over. As it was Saturday evening we thought the noise was still ok, however late Sunday afternoon the friends were there again- making a Sunday nap (after a long hike) all but impossible. When we addressed this he mentioned that our age might be the problem (I'm 41, my husband 45). Nice location, however the place should rather advertise backpacker rates as it's not a traditional B&B. We initially planned to stay for 3 nights but checked out early.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ricardojerome
Reviewed April 17, 2013

My husband, son and a friend all stayed with Chris at his B&B and loved our experience. We were only there for two night and I wish I could have stayed longer. Our son and his friend thought staying in the cabin just off the house was great. We also loved meeting the other visitors while enjoying a glass of wine on the deck. Star gazing is great. It's a very casual atmosphere - felt like home.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Travelling with two teenagers and a ten year old isn't all that easy. Staying with Chris was just ideal. Those that wanted to get out of bed, could do so, those that wanted to sleep could stay in bed. We had 1 cabin for mum and dad and the sleepout for the kids. Both were really comfortable and very clean. The cabins lack a bit of character in comparison to the rest of the buildings.

Breakfasts are excellent, the French toast is so big it'd kill a black dog.

When you mention to the locals that you are staying with Chris, you get automatic kudos.

Staying with Chris is like visiting a mate for the weekend.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Raglan farmstay is many things ..relaxed, fun, chilled, stylish, intimate and welcoming! Although there are many options for accommodation in Raglan I now find myself turning into this familiar driveway every visit. It begins to feel like home very quickly. Chris is a wonderful host and what i love about this place is that although it is his home, Cris is not hovering constantly as some B&B owners do... you are left to do your own thing or join in with the eclectic mix of people that stay here.

I have not booked any of the rooms in the house as yet but the cabins have the most comfortable beds and beautiful linen. It is such a relaxed vibe and i enjoy being able to wonder around the small farm. I am in love with all the crazy animals ... pigs.. goat ..and a very friendly chicken.

Its only a small stroll down the road into town ... so much to do in Raglan!

I must say i love that the doors are never locked and i plan to keep my key in the door as always... this is a magical place full of beautiful interesting people. You feel safe and happy here. Highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Saras H
RaglanFarmstay, Owner at Raglan Farmstay, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Saras I have to say it you are one of the most lovely guests (am I allowed to say favorite ?) its been so nice to get to know you over the summer. It is really rewarding to have many guests returning this year, see you soon I hope :) regards Chris