“Excellent Surfing Lessons!”

Surf Safe Surf Coaching Raglan
More attraction details
Owner description: Surfing and Stand Up Paddle lessons for beginner to advanced
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We were road tripping around New Zealand for a week and decided to spend two days in Raglan to learn how to surf specifically with Steve! He is very communicative and organised, which made it easy for us to plan. We took a group lesson and by the end of our first day, we were able to stand up on our boards and catch small waves. The second lesson was really what helped us solidify our abilities and by the end of that day, I had ridden a wave for 11 whole seconds!!
Steve took the lessons very seriously, teaching us how to stay safe while surfing. He is a patient and thorough teacher. He has a great sense of humour though, which made everything a blast! You couldn´t ask for a better instructor or location - Raglan´s Ngarunui Beach is one of the most spectacular beaches I´ve seen. This was a big highlight of our time in New Zealand. Highly, highly recommend!

2  Thank bostonianette
There are newer reviews for Surf Safe Surf Coaching Raglan

Reviewed November 2, 2013

Would highly recommend Steve.
Had a 3 hour one on one as I wanted to hone my technique. Steve was extremely thorough, from the land based theory to the on the water practical. He adapted to the conditions and to my capabilities and it was great value for money. Feeling confident about getting out there and practising what I learnt.

1  Thank F0zz
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Spur of the moment decision to head to Raglan from Hamilton to learn to paddle board which takes around an hour. Early morning start and Steve was awesum. Very thorough in his ground based instructions and easy to understand.
Once on the water it was magic... even if I did end up a bit wet to start with... but hey it wouldn't be a water sport without getting in the water would it :)
Loved every minute of it.. great work out without feeling it and stunning setting on the water in Raglan.
Definitely want to try it again. A great introduction to paddleboarding.

1  Thank Catriona M
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Steve was a fabulous instructor for my family of non-surfers!! He was simply incredible working with my two girls (9,11). They are still repeating the ABCs of surfing and talking about the "chicken lizard" technique. None of us had ever surfed before and within three hours he had us all standing and surfing on our own. Great fun!!

1  Thank Mags260
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Husband and I went for a 3 hour beginners surf lesson and we have been converted! Now if only our end of the Pacific ocean was as nice :-)
Steve was a fabulous instructor! From stretching to the ABC's of learning to surf it all works to have you standing by the end and riding waves!
In 3 hours we had one of the best times of our trip and had wished we had spent more time here!

1  Thank M C