“Great time learning to surf!!”

No photo provided
Owner description: Surfing and Stand Up Paddle lessons for beginner to advanced
Sofia, Bulgaria
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great time learning to surf!!”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Steve was a fabulous instructor for my family of non-surfers!! He was simply incredible working with my two girls (9,11). They are still repeating the ABCs of surfing and talking about the "chicken lizard" technique. None of us had ever surfed before and within three hours he had us all standing and surfing on our own. Great fun!!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Mags260

BC
“Highlight of the trip!”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Husband and I went for a 3 hour beginners surf lesson and we have been converted! Now if only our end of the Pacific ocean was as nice :-)
Steve was a fabulous instructor! From stretching to the ABC's of learning to surf it all works to have you standing by the end and riding waves!
In 3 hours we had one of the best times of our trip and had wished we had spent more time here!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank M C
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“SUP SURF Rock”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had 2 session of private lesson with Steve and he was AWESOME coach!!!. Detailed & practical. Told me why and what I did wrong then how to fix and improve it. Throughout the lesson he reminded me what I need to do. Also, cool personality and generous of giving the tips. Also what important is I feel safe throughout the lesson.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank imlaks
Hamilton, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome surfing and paddleboarding lessons”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had a 3 hour group surf lesson and a 1-on-1 paddleboard lesson with Steve who was awesome in both. He takes you through all the basics so you feel super safe and confident; I really enjoyed the ABC method of teaching used in the surf lesson.

It was the first time I'd paddleboarded and we went out to the North face which was gorgeous, even in the rain! I definitely recommend it, exploring the caves and limestone rock formations was so cool. The photos and snacks are a really nice touch and Steve is so passionate about what he does, he's really encouraging and focuses on helping you develop safely into a better surfer.

Oh and for anyone who was toying with trying paddleboarding, do it! It's a thorough work out, arms, legs and obliques etc but it's so soothing being out on the water you don't actually notice how hard your bodies working.
Thanks Steve, best of luck for the future!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Laura H
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“stand up paddle boarding introduction”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

went with Steve for a stand up paddleboard lesson
used virtually brand new boards
always felt safe with Steve teaching me and the other student
he took us into the estuary where we worked on the technique and saw parts of Raglan that i hadn't before - nice!
another fun lesson. this was in the evening and it was warm. He tells me that in the winter he gets wetsuited up with booties.
would recommend a SUP session with Steve if you're interested