“SUP SURF Rock”

Auckland Region, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“SUP SURF Rock”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Had 2 session of private lesson with Steve and he was AWESOME coach!!!. Detailed & practical. Told me why and what I did wrong then how to fix and improve it. Throughout the lesson he reminded me what I need to do. Also, cool personality and generous of giving the tips. Also what important is I feel safe throughout the lesson.

Visited January 2013
1 Thank imlaks

Hamilton, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome surfing and paddleboarding lessons”
Reviewed May 13, 2012

I had a 3 hour group surf lesson and a 1-on-1 paddleboard lesson with Steve who was awesome in both. He takes you through all the basics so you feel super safe and confident; I really enjoyed the ABC method of teaching used in the surf lesson.

It was the first time I'd paddleboarded and we went out to the North face which was gorgeous, even in the rain! I definitely recommend it, exploring the caves and limestone rock formations was so cool. The photos and snacks are a really nice touch and Steve is so passionate about what he does, he's really encouraging and focuses on helping you develop safely into a better surfer.

Oh and for anyone who was toying with trying paddleboarding, do it! It's a thorough work out, arms, legs and obliques etc but it's so soothing being out on the water you don't actually notice how hard your bodies working.
Thanks Steve, best of luck for the future!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Laura H
45 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“stand up paddle boarding introduction”
Reviewed May 4, 2012

went with Steve for a stand up paddleboard lesson
used virtually brand new boards
always felt safe with Steve teaching me and the other student
he took us into the estuary where we worked on the technique and saw parts of Raglan that i hadn't before - nice!
another fun lesson. this was in the evening and it was warm. He tells me that in the winter he gets wetsuited up with booties.
would recommend a SUP session with Steve if you're interested

Visited February 2012
1 Thank FredShuuz
Hamburg
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“High quality surf”
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We did a five day surf course with Surf Safe Coaching. Most exceptional was the individual, professional coaching with surf teacher Stephen and the great atmosphere.

He asked about our goals and gave us good tips to improve. He also adapted his lesson plan to our individual progress and strength and weaknesses.

Surf Safe also provided good equipment, we could choose between different surfboards. Most of the time we were only two people at a time or there were more surf teachers. We improved step by step, felt save and had a lot of fun. The five day package also included theoretical lessons about board shapes, fins, weather and swell condition. Nearly every day Stephen took video footage and photos. On the next day we did a video analysis (we also got all the photos and videos at the end of the course).

We have been with many different surf schools and teachers but we never had such an individual and good experience. Also the value for money was very good and reasonable.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank avesa
Dublin, Ireland
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Great lesson, loved it”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

I did a lesson with Stephen of safe surf in March. I was travelling alone so just joined the group of people getting a lesson that day.

The lesson was about 3 and a half hours including time spent doing a safety briefing. We were almost 2 hours in the water.

The lesson was really fun and also very helpful. I was able to stand on the board at the end. Mistakes were pointed out gently and everyone was helped and encouraged regardless of how they were doing.

I would definitely recommend trying this.

1 Thank rovingrebel