“Breakfast at Blacksands” 4 of 5 bubbles

Blacksands Cafe
Ranked #17 of 24 Restaurants in Raglan
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand, Contemporary
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Breakfast at Blacksands”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

A good dollop of spinach (rare) and great homemade baked beans with a tasty vegetable sauce. Not your ususal oversugared Wattles.

Wellington, New Zealand
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not great”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

I arrived with my 14 month old son and asked if they had a side of veges they could cook him. They said no, the only veges they had were roasted ones and I had to order the full salad (at $17!). I explained it was for my son and that I would be ordering a main meal for me... But they refused.
Considering how quite they were when other reastaurants in the area were busy I'm surprised they could afford to lose business.

Visited February 2014
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
“Very average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

We came here for breakfast, food arrived quickly a couple of friendly staff but the chef needs to pay more attention to what's on the menu and what they serve. My muesli said with sweet peaches, came with plums- which I'm allergic to. They did swap for tinned peaches. Kids pancakes with bananas- no bananas. So ok but wouldn't come back, there are better places in town.

1 Thank Teena H
Ruakaka, New Zealand
“Never Again”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We visited Raglan yesterday for the time. This looked to be a good cafe to have lunch,however what a disappointment. The food was very much substandard and the coffee just ok. I had what I was led the believe was a Lemon Meringue tart and my partner an Apple Pie. My Lemon tart was just that with glueish marshmello on the top. The apple pie more of a slice of (nice and moist) cake. And at $26.00 for the two coffees and pie and tart, I consider very expensive.
If we visit Raglan again this cafe will get a big miss.

• Visited January 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ruakakakiwi
“Food was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2014

We ordered the Quesadillas and they were quite tasty and the portions were large. I don't think we would go back as the atmosphere was so-so and it seemed there were some much nicer places in town.

• Visited January 2014