Bay Gardens Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
MJI St Lucia(Gros Islet)
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Coco Palm Resort(Rodney Bay)
Harmony Suites(Castries)
Coco Palm(Gros Islet)
  • Breakfast included
Villa Cleopatra(Gros Islet)
View Hotel
Palm Haven Hotel(Gros Islet)
1,285 results
All reviewssister hotelst luciahourly shuttleshuttle servicesuperior roomenjoyed my staybreakfast was includedhotel restauranthome away from homereduit beachrotirum punchbeach chairsbars and restaurantsgros isletthe general managerpigeon island
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 16, 2009

I booked this hotel on hotels.com at an absurdly low price. Upon checkin they upgraded me to an enormous suite which I had no use for. The suite was located at the far end of the hotel--an actual 5 minute way. I did not feel 100% safe down there because it was really cut off from the rest of the hotel. The bars on the windows weren't comforting. The room was a little dirty, too. The internet service was spotty.

The staff was generally friendly. The location of the hotel leaves something to be desired. Construction or a main road borders you on all sides. If you are there for a budget vacation, you'll like the grocery store close by. There are good restaurants within a 10 minute way. The beach is 10-15 minutes walking and you have to cut through another hotel to get there.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank BostonLegal
Reviewed June 2, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Bay Gardens hotel for one week. We chose it because it seemed to be one of the better values in the area. The hotel is about a 10 minute leisurely walk to the beach. There is a shuttle you could take, but we preferred to walk. Reduit Beach is very nice.
The rooms at the hotel are spacious enough and clean. Housekeeping does a thorough job cleaning. The main problem with our room was that we were directly across from the housekeeping office and every morning at about 7:00 am we awoke to the sounds of them having their morning meeting. Not pleasant when you’re on holiday! A plus is that they provide free access to the internet.
As far as the staff, in previous reviews everyone was saying that they were so friendly, but that wasn’t our experience. Those friendly staff members must have left for other opportunities. Most everyone we encountered, front desk included, seemed annoyed we were even there. If you can afford it, the Bay Gardens Beach Resort is much nicer and the staff there way better.
Food: There are many restaurants nearby but some can be quite pricey. A place we thoroughly enjoyed was the Lime. They have a buffet after 6 pm that is $25 EC per person and have great West-Indian cuisine.
We did the day-trip to Soufriere and saw the volcano and the Pitons. It’s a must for anyone visiting the island!
Overall St. Lucia is a beautiful island, but I won’t be back anytime soon. For the money there are much better islands to visit (Barbados, Jamaica…) where the people are much friendlier and there are more things to do.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank around_the_world_416
Reviewed May 14, 2009

I have one of the nicer rooms at the hotel. It was spacious and clean. My TV wasnt workin so the hotel staff brought in a new TV. Everyone was very helpful and friendly. The hotel is far from the beach, you have to take a shuttle to the beach. Swimming pool is a basically a hot tub.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank billionmiles
Reviewed May 14, 2009

WE took some time to wright this review. Most of the staff there are very friendly . With some if they know you are St Lucian they treat you second class, which I think is not good for business. You come to St Lucia and stay at a hotel because you want to get away from family and the hussle of bussle of NY. I have been to many caribbean islands including Jamaica and have never been treated as second class. The hotel itself is beautiful the shuttle takes you to the beach where you can use the other facilities of the BGBR. The hotel is next to the main road and access to the public transportation which is a plus. We visited the BGH in 08/07. Next time I will try the BGBR, the staff there seems to have a different attitude. We also stayed at Coco Palm in 06 and was treated indifferently.

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank FiestanewYork
Reviewed March 26, 2009

My wife and I came to St. Lucia for our honeymoon. We stayed for three nights at the Bay Gardens Hotel before moving on to other parts of the island. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The Bay Gardens Hotel was lovely, especially the two courtyards with pools. The room was nice and it was kept very clean. The only defect were some missing tiles in the bathroom. The staff was very friendly and welcoming.

The best part about staying at the BGH is that it allows you free access to the amenities of the Bay Gardens Resort, which is a more upscale hotel right on Reduit Beach. This means that you can use their beach-chairs and umbrellas with no charge, etc. So even though the BGH isn't located on the beach, you can enjoy the advantages of a beachfront hotel without paying the higher price. And anyway, the BGH is within walking distance to the beach.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple