“Great food!”

The Boe Rigg Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Charlton
Description: The Boe Rigg for a sandwich, a slice of cake or a 3 course meal. We serve all day, perfect for those going to the Kielder Observatory. Situated just outside Bellingham, come and relax in the bar or sit out and enjoy the views.
Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

My son and I were looking for a place to stay in the area and came across this bed and breakfast. The room we were given was more than adequate though the blinds and the lock on the door were not working. The room itself was nice and seemed to be new. The bathroom was large, clean and the shower area was good too. We had dinner and breakfast here and it seems like the chef really likes to cook. We had dessert after dinner and it was worthy of any fine dining restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2017

Reviewed September 25, 2017

Arrived late one rainy late Sept midweek evening. Out of season so absolutely nobody in there, the young lad at the bar charged me £16 for 1 tent, 1 person / night - what I believe is the price for a motorhome with electricity and water? Besides being expensive the camping grounds were filthy, empty worn out and well weathered packaging of all sorts laying around on the ground and in the grass.
Pitched my tent and went for a lovely meal in a village nearby, didn't want to leave a single penny in there as I felt already robbed. I camp a lot around UK and Europe, would have paid the money happily if there was actually any king of services or facilities to justify the price.

3  Thank AlBrown1
Reviewed September 17, 2017 via mobile

What an unexpected surprise! On a trip out to Kielder it was a mutual decision to stop for lunch before we ran out of options, the nearer we got to the hinterlands of Kielder! My face was tripping me slightly as we pulled into the spacious site .... I'm a 'traditional country pub & real ale' connoisseur so what looked to be a more modern set-up rattled me slightly. Massively impressed with their slow cooked lamb dinner! Canny pint of Doom Bar! My spaniel was welcome to wander about in the 'bar' area which is where we chose to eat too! Lovely, friendly, engaging staff! A place we could very well imagine staying at with our Campervan or certainly pulling into for something to eat time and time again from now on! Highly recommend you stop & visit! Just north of Wark travelling towards Kielder .... the 2nd Best Sunday Lunch is their moto ... after your ma's!!!

Reviewed September 12, 2017 via mobile

Very nice lunch and at a very good price! Kids even ate the veggies! Would recommend if you are heading to the area!

Reviewed September 9, 2017 via mobile

Stayed 1/9 for 2 nights great campsite. Facilities nice and clean. Bar/Restaurant very smart and again clean. As we were camping just popped in for a drink and to feed the kids who said the chicken nuggets and chips were the best theyve tasted (i can vouch for the chips). We will definitley camp here again.