Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort
$196
  • Breakfast included
$163
  • Pool
Fairmont Fujairah Beach Resort(Dibba Al Fujairah)(Great Value!)
$150
Travelocity
Royal Beach Hotel & Resort(Dibba Al Fujairah)
$1,089
Radisson Blu Resort Fujairah(Dibba Al Fujairah)
$148
$98
$110
$92
Agoda.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
Holiday Beach Motel(Dibba Al Fujairah)
TripAdvisor
1,639 results
All reviewsasian restaurantindoor poolanimation teamlobby baral aqah beach resortfamily roomhotel is beautifulmountain viewmain restaurantwelcome drinksnoopy islandrelaxing holidaykids clubwater sportsgreat facilitiespool sidespecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 2, 2009

My wife and I wanted some winter sun and a relaxing, romantic getaway over the Christmas period. We found the hotel online and shopped around for the best deal and eventually booked through a travel agent. We opted to go all-inclusive in a standard room and flew BA from Heathrow to Dubai and rtn with private transfers.

From start to finish this was an excellent experience. Beautiful hotel, great staff, wonderful food and superb facilities. We had a ground floor room with a sea view - well appointed and serviced. They could do with getting some bigger dressing gowns though! The all inclusive deal worked well for us and we did not find the drinks list limited in any way. The food was great, well prepared, varied and served by a great bunch of chefs. We even had proper hand carved roast turkey for Christmas - I opted for some of the more authentic Arabian options! Great fish too.

We found all of the staff helpful and courteous - there are too many to single out individuals for a special mention. We walked along the beach most days (it was clean and unpolluted) - the pool is great and the hotel has a great range of other facilities and well-run activities.

I was sorry to have to leave and we will definitely be going back (sooner rather than later if I get my way!)

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James L
Reviewed December 30, 2008

We stayed at the Iberotel Miramar Al Aqah Beach Resort during Ramadan for 7 nights on a half board basis. After a comfortable flight with Emirates and a 2 hr taxi journey we arrived at the hotel, feeling tired after a long day traveling. If we were to visit again we would stop over in Dubai first to break up the journey. On entering the hotel reception we were struck by the grand feel to the place, marble flooring, grand lighting and fountains. The Plus points of the holiday were: buffet was generally very good, especially if you like tagines and Biryani. All staff were extremely polite. Nice Pool area with waiter service. Nice comfortable room, although bathroom showing some sign of wear and tear. Guaranteed sunshine after a dreadful summer in the UK.

Now the negatives: The sea around this area is polluted with oil and the beach has tar washed up on it. On the third day of our stay we walked along the beach, on return we noticed that our feet was covered in tar! Fortunately the hotel pool attendants had some wipes to remove the oil from our feet. On this particular day you could smell the effluent that was being washed up on the beach which was very disturbing, especially when we had witnessed turtles and other marine life in the sea on previous days! It transpires after some research at home that oil spillage's in this area are common place as it is a busy shipping route. At least three spills have taken place this year. Allegedly a number of ships clean their tanks at sea, as the fines imposed by the emirate is less than the fees that shipping companies would have to pay to discharge the tanks at port. After this incident we were obviously reluctant to swim in the sea, so our only solace was around the pool, which is fine if you enjoy being continuously pestered by the entertainments team! Most of the guests that stay in this hotel are German and Russian, the entertainment appears to geared up for them, water aerobics, gymnastics, water polo, table tennis, beach volley ball. We found the drink prices to be quite expensive, £4 for a small beer, £3 for a coke. As we stayed during Ramadan Alcohol was not served unless you were in the restaurant or disco which was inside next to the Asian restaurant. You could consume Alcohol in your room but it's the not the same as sitting next to the sea with a cocktail or cold beer!

On the whole we enjoyed the holiday, although it was ruined by the polluted sea and coastline. Lets hope that the perpetrators of the pollution are caught and fined to deter any further oil pollution in what could be a perfect holiday destination.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2008

I am absolutely contented wit staying in this Hotel an recomend it for anyone who wants to relax, enjoy incredibly beautiful lanscape, quiet beach, wonderful pool, exelent food and friendly servce. Its like a small piece of Paradise for adults and children!

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2008

I had booked this hotel as part of a 'Special Offer' in the Sunday Times Magazine. My 23 year old niece & I planned to stay 3 nights in Dubai City & then 'Chill Out' & pamper ourselves at Fujairah.
From the outset, we had problems: the first was that it was still Ramadan-my fault on calculations, but the UAE Embassy had told me in writing that we would not be affected at all by it. This turned out to be TOTALLY UNTRUE. From 6am to 6pm it is illegal for ANYONE, including tourists, to be seen in public even drinking water or chewing gum: the risk is a fine from the tourist police. This is not funny in 50 degrees heat in the old town, where no restaurants are open, and even in the malls all food courts are closed until 6pm.
Our first hotel , the Movenpick was fab- spotless with wonderful helpful, friendly staff. Here we had our second problem, however, no booking: in fact the travel company had booked us only for Fujairah. The Movenpick being truly 5 star, however, exuded capability, called the UK & Fujairah, and sorted this all out in next to no time.
The Miramar could not have been more different. Firstly, as a result of the enquiry from the Movenpick, one of the reception staff, who did not speak great English, had taken it upon herself to cancel our entire booking, so we were told after travelling for 3 hours that there was no room for us: wonderful. Having dropped our suitcases in our acceptable room we went exploring. The first disappointment was the lounge, which looked quite nice, but was the only place inside where people could smoke.Because it was so hot outside, it was always full of smokers & therefore unusable by anyone else. Secondly the so-called 'spa' was no such thing. What is labelled as such, has an indoor pool and 2 or 3 girls offering massage treatments. When I asked about other things, facials etc, I was pointed to the (very messy) hairdressing salon, where sometimes someone was available, & you were expected to sit in a hairdresser's chair next to someone having a cut & blow dry-no thank you.
By the next day, I had realised that the hotel was decidedly ropey in terms of cleanliness. The stairs looked like they hadn't been properly washed since the hotel opened, ditto the windows. Worse were the sunbeds where I have never seen such stained covers in my life-all looked like children with no nappies on had had 'accidents' on them. It was also clear that no maintenance work was being carried out anywhere; so the large jars by the pool were broken, paving was cracked & uneven, bits of electrical wire were just sticking ou of flowerbeds. I had made the mistake of thinking 'Iberotel' meant Spanish ownership & therefore European standards: I was wrong. The hotel is Egyptian/Russian owned. I complained to the 'Executive Head of Housekeeping' , a Rumanian lady, showed her all the problem areas-and she agreed with me that they were unacceptable, then blamed it on the workers' standards! She promised I 'would see a difference by tomorrow, madam': nothing happened at all.
The REALLY BIG ISSUE, however, was at the pool. At first, the pool appeared nice, there are plenty of poolside staff & a lifeguard seated on a high chair; the pool itself appeared clean. The tiles around the poolside were definitely NOT fit for purpose, and were very slippery if walked on with wet feet(!) I had read in other Trip Adviser reports that the pool itself could be slippery, so was very aware of this, but I didn't have a problem climbing down the ladders. The next day, however, I decided to join an aquaerobics class and, given I was by the side of the pool that gently slopes, I began to walk into the water. Within 20 seconds, I had slipped, fallen backwards, and bashed my head on the pool floor. Because I didn't know if I was badly hurt, I lay there for a short while, then sat up & held my head in my hands. During all this time NO HOTEL STAFF CAME TO MY ASSISTANCE. The man on the 'high chair' was watching the aerobics class, not the pool & goodness knows where the other staff were. An English couple eventually helped me get out of the pool, where it was REALLY SLIPPERY. The lady said that she & her small daughter had already slipped in the same place. By this time, my head really hurt, still no staff appeared to notice, so I went to my room, really frightened that I had hurt myself badly & would need to go to hospital.
I won't bore you with the rest of my story, except to say that the reason the pool slope is slippery is because people were lying on the slope half in & half out of the water, so the slope was absolutely covered in sun tan oil, which was never cleared.An even bigger issue, however, is the complete lack of attention by lifeguards & poolside staff. I pointed out later to the two 'customer relations' girls that, had I been a toddler, I could easily have DROWNED in the several inches of water into which I slipped, and the hotel would not even have noticed. I am writing this at length because I want to warn anyone who has already booked to go to this hotel, to be especially careful around the pool which, of course, the day after my accident was a hive of activity. New covers for the sunbeds, windows being cleaned, and someone mopping the slope of the swimming pool.I was promised some sort of 'compensation' by the 'customer relations' staff: I got nothing, and was just glad to get away without a fractured skull or worse.
I would seriously recommend that anyone interested contact the hotel & ask exactly what has been done to make the pool safer, before you book. Also, don't bother with Fujairah town & the very old mosque if you are female. There is nothing to see in the former, but, because of the type of work there, the town is full of groups of men staring, and no women are allowed in to see the latter.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
5  Thank Flekkygirl
Reviewed December 11, 2008

We really enjoyed our stay at the Iberotel and I would definitely recommend it for travelers looking to stay in Fujairah. I thought the style of the hotel matched better with the environment and regional culture (modern, luxury and arabic) than other options available. The beach and pool area was really beautiful. Staff was very friendly, good size gym and the Asian fusion restaurant was really nice.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple