Naigani Island Resort
Toberua Island Resort(Toberua Island)
$222
Travelocity
  • Beachfront
Wananavu Beach Resort(Rakiraki)(Great Value!)
$104
$100
  • Breakfast included
Colo I Suva Rainforest Eco Resort(Suva)(Great Value!)
$36
$22
Agoda.com
Tanoa Rakiraki Hotel(Rakiraki)(Great Value!)
$53
$106
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in feb 2010, have only just got around to putting this up. Stunning island resort with village on 1 side and small resort on the other. I think only 12 cabins. When we stayed (family of 4) there was only 1 other couple at first and then a small group checked for a few nights also. Great snorkelling and affordable trips to snorkel and sight see the reef and islands surrounding, these where the high light of our trip. The staff are lovely, food was plentiful, nice home style food. I would love to return one day.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank Nita1770
Reviewed May 6, 2013

Naigani Island Resort is a wonderful place, quiet and relaxing. If you are looking for a 4 or 5 star resort this is not the place; but if you want great local food, peace and quiet, beautiful sunrises, no cars, friendly staff and Great Diving this is the place. Naigani is small, so you have to entertain yourself, Kayak, snorkel from the beach, go diving, walk the beach (at low tide), read, sit by the pool, sleep,.... there is only one TV which is at the lobby/dining area. Nights at the bar were relaxing even though we do not drink. We met a group from Australia who have stayed at Naigani more than 10 times and we plan on going back again this year.

The new management is on site and are making the necessary minor changes needed. The dive master is great and they have some new equipment with more in transit. We took our own fins, mask, and snorkels for diving. I made 5 dives in 3 days and snorkeled the other 2. There is only one place to eat, we optioned for the meal plan and it was great, the kitchen cooked up local dishes each day, although the selection was limited it was more than enough to eat. Suggestion, is to take along a few snacks, bug repelant, and flash light. My last suggestion is most important, Fiji is on island time so forget your watch, be patient, relax, go with the flow, and you will truely enjoy your stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank James800235
Reviewed April 19, 2013

Naigani is a beautiful island with beautiful reefs and snorkelling. However you might want to pack your own snorkelling gear as the gear at the resort is either broken, old and mouldy.
The rooms could do with a major renovation to entice more guests. No aircon but the fans and the sea breeze are fine. Beds are terrible, mattresses like quicksand, pillows are featherless and the sheets are stained with god knows!! Never saw any house keeping staff... We went a day with no toilet paper, thank goodness I always have tissues with me! I wanted to put my gloves on and give the bathrooms a good soaking with bleach and a hard scrub.

If you like snacking in between meals stock up in Suva beforehand coz there is nowhere to buy anything on the island. Unless you take a very expensive, long, hot and boring trip to levuka to do groceries. Don't forget Naigani is very tropical you will need to buy insect repellent. The resort does provide coils and insect spray.

The food particularly lunch and dinner is lovely with a home cooked feel. Breakfast buffet could be a little better with more variety and less of the powdered fruit juice. They def need a new toaster too!!
Unfortunately I didn't eat much myself mainly because the food is terribly over priced its ridiculous. I would rather starve and live on my pre brought scotch fingers!

Boats were late for pick up. We were at the jetty for hours because the manager changed the puck up time at the last minute.
On our way back to Natovi we were huddled in the small tinny boat with our large suitcases and got absolutely soaked, not a pleasant thing to have to travel to Nadi with.

Overall I love the island and cannot fault it. The staff are mainly villagers, they are pleasant and friendly and chatty despite being paid disgustingly. Some days I don't blame them for not really giving a s#%t Maybe if they were paid more, more things would get done.
The managers however need to pull there finger out and show more respect and customer service. Our trip cost us thousands of fjd and was not worth it. Either lower the prices to fit in with the shocking service or keep the prices and improve yourselves. Until then you can expect further shocking reviews. Time to step up Naigani Resort!!!

• Stayed: May 2012
5  Thank Maleka89
Reviewed April 13, 2013

We loved this place. The pool has a water-slide, the service was good, the food was nice. We got in a kayak and paddled round the end, got a bit choppy at the end but was great. The huts are nice, not pristine, but they have en-suites and there's mosquito nets on the windows so you can get a nice breeze at night. I'll definitely be heading back, it was well worth the money.
We were only there for the weekend so didn't have a chance to do everything available like trek and the mini golf course.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ccccc100
Reviewed April 5, 2013

This was our 9th stay, we must Love this place...Take snacks with you, the meals are quite dear, if you ask for sandwiches to take on day or fishing tips be warned $22 fj per sandwich! The boat transfer is $100 fj per person budget for this. If it's summer a bure with aircon is recommended. Take a torch as the generator is turned off in the early hours of the morning and a couple of hours during the day. Even if you only spend a couple of days it will be part of your Fiji Experience ! Oh and be very careful of the plastic chairs at the bures the legs give way when you least expect it. If you fish the better boat has gone and they use the longboat.

Room Tip: If it's hot stay in beach front bure or one with aircond the bures at the back of the Resort get very hot during the day.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple