See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 12, 2018

If you book a hotel because of the restaurant and it does not state that the restaurant is closed during your visit you tend not to look favorably at the establishment. The room was very small and had a curtain instead of a door to the bathroom. Because there is a railway line behind the hotel it is incredibly noisy.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 20, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed with our daughter and family here. We had our own upstairs room and stayed for two nights. Right from check in we felt very uncomfortable and unwelcome. For us there was nothing special about this place and we could not wait to leave.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 3, 2018 via mobile

So we booked a 3 night stay, emailed to advise that we wouldn't be checking in on the Friday due to travelling a day late which I got reply to say that was fine.

Arrived on the Saturday night and greeted by a welcoming man on reception, who advised that even though I had booked a double room (on booking.com) they had it down as one person (may of been my error but not entirely sure) and the double bed was small, I said ok if I've booked incorrectly then it is what it is, he said not to worry and he would put us in a bigger room for no extra cost.

The room was nice on first glance but no air con or fans so it was super hot in the room,the shower leaked all over the floor soaking 2 towels. I got to the next morning and there was a puddle of water still on the floor from the shower the night before, I noticed black hairs on the toilet floor (separate from the bathroom) and a damp patch in the corner by the door with the ceiling flaking. We were up early to go to disney so didn't say anything as wanting to leave. We got back about 11:30pm and had to call to get in the hotel which was fine, there was no restock for the coffee machine for the next morning and the window open so mosquitos let in. The next day we were checking out.

I took the key to check out an the guy gave me a bill of €247 but booking.com said it would be around €213 so I asked what the difference was and even though it stated no prepayment required they were holding the money from my card (still are a week after booking!!!) so would they take the money they were holding or needed a separate payment. He wondered off and brought out who I think was the manager (he had glasses and wasn't in a uniform) who tutted and signed as soon as he sat down and abruptly said you have had breakfast the last 2 mornings that is the difference, I advised we didn't have breakfast (€17 per day) he then replied what do you mean we, I told him what had happened when we checked in but the guy had changed our room for no extra cost. He then told me that it must of been a mis-communication as they can't do that and we would have to pay for the correct room €305 and he had knocked €30 euros off, I said no if that is the case I will pay the original invoice you gave me if €247, he pulled that invoice off the counter and said I must pay the €305! He was slamming his mouse, huffing and puffing, rolling his eyes and all in all very intimidating. We paid the bill,I was so angry and upset and what can you do when you are in a different country. We saw 3 cars on the car park all weekend so this must be how they make their money and probably need the extra money to replace all the mouses he brakes by slamming them down.

The bar charges €6 for a coke, there are no other restaurants within walking distant and nothing near by.

We have travelled all over the world and I have never been treated that way by anybody.

Please please spend your money somewhere else at an establishment that deserves your money as they really don't.

They currently are holding about £190 off my debit card and have taken a payment of €305 euros off my card with no idea when they are going to release the £190.

I have never known anything like it, be prepared to have to pay more when you leave, even if it's a sneaky breakfast added on as the first invoice they gave me had it added on but nowhere on the invoice would you know it was breakfast added.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jade W
Reviewed June 1, 2018 via mobile

Where do I start - trouble started from booking, should have read the signs. Hotel cancelled our booking 3 times before confirming and each time I rebooked, the price went up. We were so desperate for accommodation - I had to rebook.

We booked to stay 5 nights - our flight got cancelled due to the strikes in Paris - so our stay was cut short to 4 nights - I rang the hotel to advise them we would be flying in a day late (I didn’t care paying for the missed night) - they confirmed all was ok. However that was not the case and on arrival we were told our room was not available anymore / even though I had called and advised them. They had already charged the full amount to my card as well. After he could see we were all visibly upset he made arrangements and got us a room. He did manage to slip in a sly comment “I will have to tell someone they can’t stay here tonight” - how is this my problem?

On arrival - the man at the front, I think he was the manager (wore glasses) was so rude. Every time I asked a question he would sigh, very loud & roll his eyes. This type of attitude is unacceptable.

We booked a junior suite - it was comfortable - the only downfall, no air conditioning and it gets really hot and unbearable. We slept with the window open and got bit by mosquitoes, can’t win. Room was not serviced properly, amenities not refilled - towels just chucked onto the bed. Disgusting.

Location - nothing is nearby. No food shops, beware if you do stay here, you are not allowed to take food in - as they expect you to eat from the room service menu or the “Michelin” star restaurant.

Everything left such a bad taste in our mouths - we stayed 2 nights but paid for 5.
I was happy to wave that place goodbye.

Highlight - The 3 ducks that roam the property.

I have stayed in many hotels and this one is the worst.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank cas_clay
Reviewed May 20, 2018 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night on a cycling trip. The receptionist was one of the most pleasant front of house people I have ever met. The room was as it should be, and had a small balcony looking over the garden and onto the river. There is a nice walk along the old haulage path, a bit overgrown in spots but a lovely place to be on a misty fine morning with only the river birds for company.
Their Michelin star restaurant was “too gourmet” for the cycling men’s needs, so that is a pleasure that will have to await my return.

Date of stay: May 2018