Island Dream Palm Paradise Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Catangnan
See available hotels
Reef Beach Resort(General Luna)
Greenhouse(General Luna)
View Hotel
Sunset Bay Villas(General Luna)
View Hotel
Buddha's Surf Resort(Siargao Island)
View Hotel
Nay Palad Hideaway(Siargao Island)
Hotel Tavern(Surigao City)
View Hotel
All reviewsswimming poolbeach frontfree breakfastrelaxing placevillasiargaoincaseserenitymotorcyclehoneymoonratesconsvanpesosrestoproslagoon
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 14, 2012

I stayed at Island Dream with my wife and my baby, the place is so peaceful and quiet, the best way to escape for a while from my stressful job, location is one of the things I appreciated the most, view on the ocean is very romantic, especially in the evening.
Rooms are comfortable and very clean, with a nice veranda and bedroom are with wide glass sliding doors, I'm going to miss my wake up, opening the curtains and watch at the ocean while laying on my bed. Also restaurant offers a good surprise, they told me chef is new and food is very good compared to the other restaurants I tried around. Surely I'm recomending this resort for a romantic getaway, for families with kids and for those who wants a good service with affordable rate. The only thing that needs improvement is that food preparation is a bit slow but since I'm in vacation, it doesn't matter.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Stefan S
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I stayed with a friend for one week in the resort. The rooms are very big and clean and have a nice bathroom (take care when you take a shower, because if you don't duck, people can see you through the window). The hotel is right at the beach and has a nice swimming pool (there is a waterfall at the pool, but it was not working). The location is right between cloud nine and GL. We had a great time and enjoyed the nice environment a lot. The staff is very friendly and helpful (but some girls seems to be a little bit shy). They will clean your room very well, but it takes also very long. They will even order your clothes, if you don't hide them in your luggage.
Siargao is not a hot place, so that you normally need the aircon only a little bit. Because they had problems in the past with stealing, they bought new locks for the doors and windows, with the result, that the windows are difficult to open. But the staff will always help you. They don't have enough sun loungers (but this was not a problem, because mostly we were the only guests).
The restaurant is not advisable. The breakfast is nice (with a very good mango juice), but very little and I was always still hungry. Lunch and dinner is very, very expensive and little and tastes average. You can eat much cheaper and better somewhere else (but you need to walk a little bit, because the hotel is a little bit far of everything - which is also nice). They will charge you a lot, if you bring your own food or drinks.
If they would improve with the restaurant, it would be absolutely the best place I have stayed.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank YorkN
theislandergirl, Manager at Island Dream Palm Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2012

Dearest Guest,
We thank you for considering us as one of the best resorts or hotel that you've stayed.
It's always inspiring to hear such kind compliments. And also we
thank you for your suggestion. Things has change a lot from last year.
We just newly opened then , we were in the process of refining our service.
The high windows in the bathroom has the curtains right after you left even
though for some guest has also suggested that it's better without the curtains since
they like the natural light coming in the bathroom. As for our restaurant
now, improvements too has been made since last year. We have a new cheif.
We have recieved positive compliments from our guest. It seems
that the restaurant now is much appreciated.
As for bring-in food, sometimes there are clients that eats on thier beds,
stain the sheets with bbq sauce or spilled drinks which leaves
a bad smell on the matresses. We impose the fee to minimize that
practice and to maitain room sanitation / tidyness.It's our hotel
principle that we make sure that our accommodations offer a beautiful,
clean and harmonious ambiance for all of our guest.Again, thank you very
much and we look forward for your next visit!
Respectfully,
Ms. Ruchell
Management

Reviewed December 27, 2011

Island Dream Resort on Siargao Isl. is a good middle class Resort. There are only few good resorts on this Island. They have only 5-6 cottages, we stayed there for 2 weeks. We had the family villa with 3 rooms, after my friends left we had no use for these 2 of the 3 rooms and they were so kind to move us to the seafront cottages, including the Honeymoon Cottage, which has a huge bathroom, larger than the room, huge bathtube, actually it is a small pool. Very nice. All the staff was very nice including the owners in Italy who were asked by the staff what to do. Thank you! The pool is good and well mantained, as far I know there are only 3-4 pools on the island. The garden is nice, the front cottages face the bay. The lagoon is shallow, can be used only at high tide, also then not perfect. But its a nice view and a good walk. Few tourists around. In such a location you cannot expect too much from a restaurant, an alternative is the restaurant of Kalinaw Resort 100m away. The staff is very helpful in organizing anything. You can walk 15min to the surf area Cloud 9. For any other trip you need to rent motorbike, use a motorbike "taxi" or one of the few cars. The surrounding roads are under construction, bad. Dont forget the boat trips to the 3 islands and the unique Sohoton on Bucas Grande which is a highlight of the Philippines. Also very nice the car trips to the waterfall and natural bathtubes.The Christmas party was funny, the food good.My conclusion: a clear recommendation if you like nature and peace.

• Stayed: December 2011
7  Thank Boracay99
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I expected much from Island Dream. Maybe a bit too much tho... I read great reviews about the place, the pictures look great and the experience in booking with our Villa was so smooth. I was really excited for what was in store for us in Island Dream Siargao. But I saw a few areas where they could improve. Let me do my Pros and Cons:
Pros:
1. Spacious and beautiful Villas.
2. The food is actually really good but a bit pricey. (Try the Cordon Bleu) WIFI in the restaurant only.
3. Service was good. if your looking for pumpboats etc. ask for Mang Ben.
4. Very nice and clean place overall.
5. Location is good, just a 1 min. Motorbike ride to Cloud 9 (Surfing area) and 15mins to Town proper of General Luna.
6. Good Value.
Cons:
1. The water that comes out of the faucet and shower smells weird and awful. They should investigate this.
2. Exaggerated Corkage Fees. Imagine 25-30 pesos for bringing in 1 small bottled water in their restaurant. I think Island Dream really needs to revise the Corkage Fees as are they are too insane. This was a huge turn-off.
3. A larger Mirror in the bathroom. The mirror was only like 10inches in length or something.
4. The rooms are actually big but the Air-conditioning is so small. Probably less than 1Horsepower. It really doesn't cool the room. This is also a big minus.
5. Lastly, a floor mat in the Bathroom to avoid accidents as the floor gets slippery and wet. (We had to be very careful coming out of the tub every time)

As I conclude, We got a good deal for the Villa. We saw a few things that could be improved. Service was great. Place was beautiful. We definitely enjoyed our stay. Hope Island Dream can do something about those Cons for future guests. =)

Room Tip: Contact the resort via Facebook or Yahoo Messenger
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank ram_dlsu
theislandergirl, Manager at Island Dream Palm Paradise Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2011

Dear Guest,
We would like to first heartily thank you for your kind words. Thank you for appreciating our service and we're so glad that you are pleased with our accommodations. Most of all, we're very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us, since this is the most important goal that we wish to offer to each of our guest. As for your suggestions, it is also very much appreciated. We have given immediate attention right away on your suggestion to investigate on our water. The chemical smell of the water is actually temporary, the resort has a natural source of spring in it's grounds as source of water on the resort and we perform water treatment from time to time. We have treated our water two days before , we have found out that some residue from our cleaning was left on our pipes on the Villa we're you stayed. We left the faucet running for some minutes and after that the water smell went normal. We wish to give you our apologies for that Sir. We will give careful attention about this matter from now on.As for the mirrors, the resort is newly opened and we're still in the process of acquisitions, the new large mirrors is on the list. As for the bathroom floor mats , we always have it placed in the entrance of the bathroom, a guest can choose to bring the mats inside the bathroom if they wish to have the mat inside, next to the tub.
Again Sir, thank you for have choosen us. Your appreciation and as well as your suggestions will surely encourage us to offer our guest the best that is possible.
We look forward for your next visit!
Our best regards,
Ruchell and the Island Dream Staff.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

after looking through all the possible resorts in siargao, that offers a pool (for our 4 year old son), i decided on booking island dream because of the reviews and knowing that the resort is quite new... booking was quick and easy as we booked only a night before... we took the family room... owner even offered a 10% discount if you pay in full before getting there, which is fine with me... the rooms are really nice and clean, with resort feel in every furniture.. the rooms have basic amenities, but very tasteful in its design... and i love that all bathrooms have its own bathtubs.. which is a plus again for our son. siargao for me is an underdeveloped island, its our first time to go there, and was surprised that traveling there by boat (from surigao) and then about 45mins travel again to the resort, could be quite difficult especially for those who will bring babies-3 year old kids... but for adults who don't mind, i guess you can look at it as a different kind of adventure.... well the waves at cloud9 are worth it... although the beach in front of island dream is not for surfing... you have to ride the "habal-habal" a single motorcycle for about 3mins to get to the boardwalk of cloud 9... about 10mins walk... we love the pool in the resort, my son stayed there for hours. they have a stairs now(as opposed to a review i read before), where my son played.. their pool is from 5-6 feet deep great for those who want to do laps, but quite deep for those who don't know how to swim... breakfast is also included in your booking which is great, it was basic hotdog, eggs, rice, mango and juice.(although you have other set choices too).. quite filling. they offered fresh coconut juice drink when we arrived.which is a plus. requests are attended to right away. employees are very helpful and accommodating.. food a bit expensive, which is quite common in all the resorts there.... only suggestion, that they present possible acitivities already for their guests to do, and offer transportation assistance, maybe include transportation to cloud 9 even at a minimal fee... especially for us first timers... all in all, i think island dream is one of the best resorts in siargao... will definitely decide to stay there again in the future... :)

Room Tip: book in advance, online, thru paypal..
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family