Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2018

Stayed two nights at this special place situated in the lowlands of the Manu Road. It is a fantastic place to watch birds and other wildlife, as it is in an area of mature Guadua Bamboo forest that attracts many special birds.

The accommodation is out of this world, with each room fronted with a floor to ceiling screen wall that makes you feel that you are in the forest. The bathrooms have modern fittings and a great shower. Service was first class, managed attentively by David, the general manager. Food was ver good, and served buffet-style, so that you could take as much -- or as little as you wanted.

Room tip: All are great.
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Peter K
Reviewed December 11, 2017

Villa Carmen has wonderfully luxurious cabins for being in the middle of the rainforest. Their staff and meals are excellent and the bird life is diverse. I appreciated the 24-hour electricity and strong internet; amenities that are not common in this part of Peru.

Date of stay: December 2017
Reviewed November 24, 2017

It was my second time visiting the ACCA stations, Villa Carmen is perhaps the one that has the best facilities offered because it has very comfortable rooms, very spacious trails and in good condition, excellent food, there is plenty of bird activity in the gardens and very attentive staff and always willing to help. Panchito the cook cooks very well and David the administrator was always willing to help us in whatever was necessary. The night walks are exceptional to see owls, frogs, snakes and insects. I hope to come back soon.

Room tip: All the rooms are the same, they have hot water and very comfortable beds, the showers are beautiful with a design that captivates you.
Date of stay: November 2017
1  Thank Niton
Reviewed November 7, 2017

Villa Carmen is an old plantation that has been turned into a must-see ecotourism destination by an environmental organization that also supports nature research in the area. First plus: all food and services are included in the per night price. Second plus: the grounds are kept in pristine condition, with gorgeous fish ponds, clear trails, and an incredible hike to the Pini Pini River. Third plus: the food is good and the ingredients are mostly local! Fourth plus: the rooms are spacious, comfortable, and have luxurious, spa-like bathrooms. It is one of the best ecolodges I've stayed at! It was meaningful to know that the proceeds all go to research and conservation of the Amazon.

Note: Just remember to bring permethrin and deet to avoid chiggers and mosquitoes!

Date of stay: October 2017
1  Thank Amy R
Reviewed October 18, 2017

I always wanted to visit Peru for Machu Picchu, but am so glad I was able to find this incredible gem that is Villa Carmen! Really cool location, BEAUTIFUL cabins, it feels like you are sleeping in the middle of the forest (but with less mosquitoes!). Food was all organic and locally-grown, prepared by a local chef. We visited a nearby indigenous village that the organization that manages Villa Carmen supports, and it was a great experience seeing their way of life. Much more interesting and authentic than the tourist-heavy Machu Picchu side trips. We ate at the indigenous village and it was all delicious. I heard this organization has other lodges and I'd love to go back and experience more. Saw SO many birds, amphibians, cool plants, and more. We think we saw a jaguar, but it moved so fast we couldn't be sure. Frogs galore though! I even met some researchers that were doing their Phd and we had dinner together at the lodge. One of the best trips of my life, I loved the Amazon.

Room tip: We stayed at cabin 3, it was fantastic!
Date of stay: November 2016