All reviews nice pool enjoyed our stay dining room looking forward adults and kids water park a couple of times mini golf improvement december parrots egg membership
Selected filters
Reviewed June 10, 2018

The hotel rooms are clean, of an average size with a moderate bathroom, however, there is no personal safe in the room. Our room was very noisy as it was at the front of the Hotel Near Reception. Even given a 30 % discount of the advertised room rate when booking it was overpriced, In comparison to other beach side resorts in the Philippines. Breakfast is served outside with few choices. If you like a cold beer beware after having the first beer which was cold the rest were all warm, their excuse they only use a minibar to keep the beer cold if its busy they run out of cold beer not acceptable to be for an advertised luxurious hotel..

Room tip: Choose a room away from the front entry.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2018

This place had plenty of curb appeal, but was glad I was there only one night.

Didn't partake in any of the "resort" amenities like the pool or restaurant. My memory of this place were the cockroaches that scurried away when I entered the room. I immediately contacted the front desk and they sent someone and sprayed the room. Great, had to put up with the smell of bug spray all night!

But the worst incident happened when we checked out. Every hotel I stay at, no matter where I am in the world, I leave a $2 tip for the maid. Well this morning, my father, who stayed in the adjacent room became extremely ill. After calling for a doctor, I checked out and forgot to leave the tip. The front desk clerk sent someone to inspect the room and they said they would have to charge me extra for the Gatorade i opened in the refrigerator bar.

I told them I don't drink Gatorade and saw the maid smirk at me. I just went ahead and paid for it and got the heck out of that place.

Date of stay: August 2017
3  Thank friedmango
Reviewed February 18, 2018 via mobile

The hotel rooms are very clean, of an average size with a moderate bathroom, however, there is no personal safe in the room and the room we stayed in was very noisy on the weekend as our room was at the end of the hotel that is near the waterpark, my tip if staying at this hotel would be to request a room at the other end of the hotel away from the water park.

The pool and gardens surrounding it are very lovely and well maintained. I found the hotel front end staff to be very eager to assist as were the restaurant staff (In particular Jahmil) and housekeeping were very efficient, however that’s where it all ends.

There are no lifts in this hotel so the only access to the second floor is by way of a staircase . Whilst there is free wifi available it is extremely poor and I was unable to send or receive emails most of the time from our room or the outdoor breakfast area, the wifi in the lobby is however slightly better.

The television station selection is poor, there were no movies available that we could watch in English, not even a CNN.

There were only two pillows in our room which were quiet soft and when I requested an additional two pillows I was told I could only get one, if I wanted two, I would have to pay an additional charge for the second one.

There is no room service offered for meals, the menu in the restaurant is limited and is mostly Philippine style. They have only 2 wines on offer, (both of which are a sweet red) and there is only local beer and Chinese beer on offer.

There is nowhere other than the restaurant that you can sit and have a drink or a snack during the day, however, they do have a very small shop in the foyer that has some snacks, soft drink, local beer etc that’s open 24 hour a day.

Breakfast is also limited to mainly a Phillipine style menu and was cold ever morning by the time it arrived our table so I requested 2 pieces of toast and a whole banana in leiu of the cooked breakfast that was included in our room charge. I was told that was an additional cost even though the breakfast that was included came with 1 piece of toast and some cut up bannana.

Over all an extremely disappointing 5 night stay, whilst the staff try their hardest to please, it’s the food and beverage on offer that really lets this hotel down.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 18, 2018

I visited Mount Sea for 4 days with my gf in Feb 2018, it was a romantic weekend trip and everything was perfect.
The pool was not overcrowded and I didnt notice any non-hotel guests in the resort. It was very empty when we were there. Really nice pool. It has games room and sauna/steam room, but we didnt use it. I didnt even notice a second private pool, just one big one, almost always empty and deserted.
The restaurant food was amazing and the staff (especially 'Ef') were always very nice with speedy service. Nice cheap cocktails too.
The location is convenient from Manila, only 1hr from the airport.
There are 3 parrots which live in the resort and you can watch and feed them during meals, which was really nice.
Short 10min tricycle ride to the local SM mall and markets area.
The bed and rooms are amazing, clean, nice, with everything you could need.
The WIFI was free and reliable, only dropping out a couple of times during our stay., which is better than usual for phil.

Only a couple of small downsides; One night the resort ran out of beer! This is a bit ridiculous as there are shops nearby where they could have gone and restocked. the sea is dirty near this place, because its close to manila, but this is NOT designed as a beach resort so this isnt a surpise or an issue with this place, dont come here expecting a nice beach etc. The rooms have no balconies. Theres no safe lock box in room either. There is no bars or nightlight in walkable distance, its a tricycle ride away.

None of these downsides impacted the amazing time we had here, and its not anything to do with the staff or anything that can be changed easily.

This place is really good. I believe it would be fine for families or singles or anyone. Def ideal for a few days if you dont want to travel too far from Manila, but want to get out of the city.

Room tip: Ask for upstairs, level 2 or 3
Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
GoPlaces384393, Sales And Marketing at Mount Sea Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2018

Thank you for giving us a perfect rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I’m sure our entire hotel staff enjoyed catering to your needs as much as you enjoyed your stay. Take care!

Reviewed November 18, 2017 via mobile

I avail their elite club for 1 year membership so perks include free accomodation of 1 room and daytrip . I always go to the north so I wanted to try the south . The travel from manila is an hour due to cavitex which is not so ok with long lines.. one good points here is that you could visit aguinaldo shrine . The road to the resort is quite narrow and the signage is quite faded ..upon entry their are ample parking in front of the hotel but huge parking inside . The check in is fast n they will already charge u your 2nd night and pay 1000 as deposit .. upon entering a fruit platter ( apple,orange n banana ) awaits u .. the prestige room with 2 double beds is small for the price however the view is excellent facing the swimming pool n laguna de bay .. moreover if u are a member you will have a discounted price from room to gourmet. The food is ok especially breakfast meal however, they dont have pancakes for kids only waffles to choose from..hope that they could change their waffles to pancake if customer wanted to. Because I brought my daughter n niece we almost eat in their restaurant because parking in the nearby city is nil and traffic better stay at the hotel .The 3 day adventure is mostly on swimming but you could try their sauna, billiards n gym . They have mini golf for kids n young at heart , the dining room with parrots (Reo) and the white one talks . the bathroom amenities include soap, shampoo and a must try lotion , toothpaste n brush . The towel were not that good but its ok since they change it everyday.. no bath tub in our room only shower .. hot n cold water .. the water tasted salty probably due to their nearness in the seawater. During our stay only few rooms were occupied and the place is so quiet that we are the only person in the pool area .. If u wanted to have a tranquil life you could stay here to avoid congestion in the manila area. Also being a member you could have an access to the waterfront if you wanted to go to their other pool with a minimal fee and free for 3 ft children .. Lastly, i will return to their resort again and choose the pool area view.

Date of stay: October 2017