Club Paradise Palawan
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
TripAdvisor
1,006 results
All reviewsclub paradisebeach frontfishisland hoppingfruit batsmarine lifebeautiful islandwhite sandsea turtlesboat ridebusuanga airportbeachfront cottagelunch and dinnerscuba divingmonitor lizardsel nidosunset villa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our kids will tell you that this was the best holiday they ever experienced! Being on a small island there was no fear that we could lose them. We stayed in the Beach Bungalows and had our own little house set right near the water's edge. The bungalows are rustic, but perfectly comfortable and well equipped. My only complaint is that there was no kettle in the room, but we could always ask for hot water to be delivered. When the kids tired of beach and pool experiences there were activities on offer to keep them entertained.
The fussy eaters in our family always found something to eat at the buffet. The chefs went to a great deal of trouble to ensure that there was variety at all meals. I must highly compliment Chef Dar for going the extra mile to provide fabulous gluten-free meals for me three times a day. There was always a variety for me to eat, and when the variety on the buffet was limited for me, I was always presented with a platter of delicious freshly grilled meats and fish.
The restaurant staff always went to a great deal of trouble to prevent monotony setting in. With small but effective touches, tables were rearranged, uniforms were different and some fabric hangings were changed each day, so that it was never quite the same. They were also very attentive. Our dream meal was the buffet on the beach where the entire restaurant was relocated to the sand and we ate under the stars. Heavenly!
We were very impressed with the friendliness and efficiency of the Dugong Dive Centre. They went out of their way to accommodate our needs and provide us with the perfect experiences. There are many instructors on hand so that you do not need to dive in big groups which was very pleasant. We were disappointed to learn that spotting a Dugong has become a rare occasion, but were simply delighted when we had an excellent encounter with a dugong rubbing his back on the anchor line of our boat. Our children did the Bubble Makers course as an introduction to scuba diving and the course was conducted in a nurturing environment which led to a positive experience for our kids.
We found that all staff employed on the island were exceptionally well trained and very polite.
One could imagine that boredom could set in on such a tiny island when staying for seven days, but on the contrary, I felt somewhat rushed to experience everything. Snorkeling on the various sites on the island, diving on the house reef, kayaking, taking the nature walk, going for a massage, not to mention all the boat trips on offer - in the end there was hardly any time to relax! My own fault.
Be warned - the airlines seem very unreliable and you may be stranded in Manila for a night or two as happened to us and most people we spoke to.
Our only concern is the hotel's talk of expansion which would certainly forever change the charm that this little island currently exudes. But maybe its just because we don't want to share it with too many others....

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Foodfan2830
Discovery_Leisure_Co, General Manager at Club Paradise Palawan, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Dear Foodfan2830,

Thank you for your kind words and delightful review. We are glad that your short stay with us was a very happy one. Rest assured that the expansion will not in any way compromise the unique island vibe and charm of our property. What it will do is to further enhance the guest experience, making it more memorable island escape.

Yours sincerely,

Joegil

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Buffet food all the way. Staff very courteous. Very clean and spacious rooms. Very photogenic beachfront and pool. Nice snorkeling spots a few meter from the shore, I even saw giant clams and stingrays and I am not even an expert at snorkeling. Island paradise indeed. Pampered all the way during our stay.

Room Tip: Get the beachfront rooms for romantic set up for couples, these open up right on the beach. They also have large family rooms near the lagoon and near the sunrise beach.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Make sure to use of the airport transport facility the resort offers which is P1500 a return per person. The trip to this place already is quite an adventure, but arriving there makes you feel very special. Besides being a tiny romantic island, it is a perfect spot for diving activities!

Room Tip: Contact resort upfront for airport transit
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2014

I went to Club Paradise in April of 2012.

All the positive reviews I have in mind had already been expressed by the other reviewers. All I can say is that I would love to go back here. I wish the new property owners don't change it up too much though because it was perfect the way it was when we stayed here. I enjoyed the trek to the top of the mountain and loved the stunning view from up there.

I have very good memories here. :)

Date reviewed:

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 31, 2014

Our family of 4 spent 8 days at Club Paradise. We went snorkeling, scuba diving, swimming, island hopping. The range of tours and activities proposed were great. Club paradise is "simple" in some ways--no internet or tv in rooms/cabins, a youth hostel-esque club house with ping pong table and pool table--but super classy in the feel of the place and the professionalism and service orientation of the staff. Perfect for families, honey-mooning couples and those who just want to relax. The food was varied and good. Not fancy gourmet, but nice eating. Lots of fruit every day which we appreciated and every meal had a range of both western and filipino offerings. The club reef is wonderful for diving and snorkeling.

Room Tip: Cabins 19 & 20 at the end of the beach are really nice as our 11 and 12 which sit out close to the water.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family