Club Paradise Palawan
$63
$57
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Huma Island Resort & Spa(Dicilingan Island)
$600
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
1,003 results
All reviewsclub paradisebeach frontfishisland hoppingfruit batsmarine lifebeautiful islandwhite sandsea turtlesboat ridebusuanga airportbeachfront cottagelunch and dinnerscuba divingmonitor lizardsel nidosunset villa
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Two things to take care of. Some rooms are equipped with window air conditioners which are noisy and not so efficient. Also the jeepny ride from the airport to the pier is very dusty and pumby. They offer an air-conditioned vans for extra price.

Room Tip: Vans from / to airport Split AC in rooms
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Kemsh
Reviewed January 4, 2012

I stayed in club paradise a week ago.. Overall, the place-food-service-facilities don't live up to the price that they are charging. Imagine paying double the price of shangrila makati? per person. Buffet food they served totally sucks and you have to pay extra for a cup of illy coffee. Lol. Dugong bar, they overly charged their drinks like 5 or 6 times the regular price you usually pay outside the island.

Please don't consider this place. Website looks so inviting, but don't be fooled. To see is to believe and this club paradise is no paradise.

• Stayed: December 2011
13  Thank acdc123
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I stayed here for one night a week ago and was sorely disappointed with the place. Having read the reviews and seen the pictures on the website, I was pumped for a decadent stay given the hefty charges. However, right from the start, beginning with the bumpy van ride to the ferry terminal, it was a dismal disappointment all the way. The Club facilities and food were average at best, and forget about the sandy white beach that's supposed to exist along the stretch outside your cottage. It does not exist. Service was also wanting. And do not go into the pool, not that it looks enticing in any way. I'm sure the water has not been changed for ages. The only positive thing about the stay was the cottage. It was large and very comfortable.

I would not recommend this place to anyone. If you're not fussy, and want something cosy and quirky, try Vicky's Lodge right at the terminal. It costs only 800 pesos a night and Vicky does a mean grilled fish for dinner. Plus, you can request for as much veggies as you want since Club Paradise doesn't do vegetables.

I've stayed at classier places around South East Asia for a fraction of the price.

Room Tip: If you're there for a stay or a daytrip, do stay outdoors at dusk for the phenomenal sight of thousands of bats flying out of the caves. It's spectacular!
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
6  Thank brainycoral
Reviewed December 21, 2011

It was our first time in Palawan and I'd say it was a wonderful experience going to Coron and staying in this resort. We were a big group but the staff gave great and friendly service all the time. We had wonderful meals the entire 3-day stay. It was a full course buffet menu and were really good. We were always full after a meal and never got hungry! My husband enjoyed the crabs!

My only negative comment was the cottages were a bit too far from the resort's restaurant, bar and beach area. Everytime we go out we make sure we have everything we need in case we need to swim or do some activity. Otherwise we take another 10-15 mins walk back. Also, the water from the sink/faucets of the rooms are too salty! I hope they can do something to provide fresh water in the rooms. It's a little problem when you get out of a bath or after brushing your teeth and you can still taste salt.

• Stayed: December 2011
1  Thank skylovechan
Reviewed December 19, 2011

If you want a quiet, remote island paradise that provides an experience in nature, then you've found it. The rooms are spotless, staff helpful but the most amazing experience is snorkling alongside leatherback turtles the size of an adult. I beieve I also had the best massage ever. I stayed in a island view room which was peaceful and clean with a deck looking over the lagoon. By the way, this lagoon has water monitors the close to 6 feet long. Although I'm singing their praises, the one area they could improve on is their food. The seafood is sadly mostly deep fried. The journey takes a while but it is scenic and comfortable, with sandwiches provided along the way.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled solo