Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
Review Highlights
Five acres of enjoyment and fun

Thoroughly enjoyed my time there....out of the ordinary and a fun experience. Fountains... read more

Reviewed 6 days ago
B8505SJcarolh
Expected nice garden, but not a loose peacock or soft drink cans

Really enjoyable. Sort of expected a small town garden. But it was quirky, fun and informative... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
DaveS5441

All reviews all ages upon entry fun place to visit admission price feeding the animals worth the entry fee falling rocks every corner on display funny signs couple of hours few hours new zealand fish food buried village cans humour
Selected filters
Reviewed December 11, 2019 via mobile

Stay at Thames Valley Motel when visiting Ngatea. Short walk of 200m from ngatea water gardens. Both the motel and gardens are close to shops and cafes.

Date of experience: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019

Upon entry I thought the fee was quite expensive but that was where it ended. Be sure to buy the fish food and sheep/goat food before you enter! We spent a few hours here and I'm sure if you could spend so much longer, its a wonderful place to be. The whole place is very quirky, there is lots of laughs to be had with tricks they play on you and hilarious little signs all around the place as well as funny things they have done. If you have kids be sure to grab a 'quiz' before entering also - it will keep them entertained for ages but also ensure you dont miss anything! Feeding the animals was a highlight and the funny little dicks that follow you everywhere hoping for food are a hard case. The peacock gave us a full display and the museum they have there was a strange delight! This place is not only good for families with young children but also great for couples and even families with teens.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed November 10, 2019 via mobile

What a treat to find in Ngatea. We had a very enjoyable hour and a half strolling around the glorious garden and laughed so much. They have done a fantastic job with the layout, and a laugh around every corner. They have identifying so many of the plants. What a fantastic place to bring children for a fun afternoon.

Date of experience: November 2019
Reviewed September 7, 2019

Fun place to visit with well tended gardens and plenty of animals and birds to see. Lots of quirky signs all over the place, which makes the place great for all ages. Nice place to visit if you want to do something quiet and relaxing and enjoy gardening.

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed September 3, 2019 via mobile

Our family ventured to the Ngatea Water Gardens on a whim and were completely unprepared for how utterly fantastic it was. We took our 10yo and I believe he was the perfect age for this treat. He was thoroughly entertained right through the entire experience. There are signs up all over the garden touting dry humour and none were lost on him. There was a surprise around every corner. I would highly recommend buying the fish food as the ducks are quite comical and will happily eat it. Allow yourself at least a couple of hours to look at and experience everything. I would probably only go again if I had someone with me who hadn’t been before. I would also recommend you check they are open before venturing out, as they are not open all the time/every day. A+ Attraction in my view.

Date of experience: September 2019