“I wish there were more places like this in and around Pècs and Baranya”
Review of Almalomb

Almalomb
Description: Almalomb is not a place. It is my place. My family’s place. Almalomb is my heritage, a 19th century water mill housing a restaurant and museum of the mill. It is an out of the way place where life goes slower. Where we strive to do it right, which may take more time. We serve food that is natural. You can feel the flavour, which derives from time and place and sunshine and rain and cold and warm. You know where it came from. During the sunny season our garden terrace is open. When the warm showers arrive you can retreat to the covered porch and warm yourself by the wood-fire stove. Our bread is baked on-site. The best bites from our menu are available in our little shop on-site. Occasionally we also host concerts and other cultural events. Our walls are open for artists to exhibit their work. Just come as you are, as you want to be.
Reviewed May 7, 2016

We found Almalomb from Tripadvisor. As an old user I always check even in our hometown if there is something new, not to be missed. We felt so lucky with my husband to find this place through good reviews. Peaceful, beautiful, idyllic surrounding, high dedication for quality in ambiance, food and service. We cannot recommend enough. We had almost the same food as the in the previous review and it was fresh, homemade, modern.
We will be definitely regulars. Thank you.

1  Thank judip1

Reviewed April 11, 2016

If you visit Pécs, you have to visit Almalomb in Hosszúhetény (from the city center 10 minutes by car, 25 minutes by bus). It's located in a small, nice street of the village, a bit difficult to find, so it's good to check the location on the map before you go. Almalomb is operating in an old-old watermill: the family renovated it, and built a really nice and uniqe restaurant!

Time slows down here: like you step in an another world for realxing and enjoying the taste of the foods. They have a menu changing every two weeks. They use mostly local ingredients, mixing the traditional meals with new style.

It was a bit cold, so we took place inside: the waiters were really polite and nice. The meals prepared quite fast, it was fresh and tasty.

When you go to Almalomb, you have to see not just the food, but the area: the rooms, the building itself, it's really nice to escape from the workdays, and travel back in time for some hours.

1  Thank mesterzw
Reviewed September 17, 2015

The friendly village not far from Pécs, Hosszúhetény (..just over a thousand years old village...have fun pronounce it) is the perfect location to a hike to the beautiful hill nearby, and You wonder, where is the place to ease the hunger of the joyful trip? Well, You are lucky, Almalomb is just there in one of the mystical and quiet streets of Hosszúhetény open for visitors all year long. The place and area itself is beyond expectations, the rest, drinks and food, I let You discover the tastes of southern Hungary. It worth it more than usual. Have Fun!

2  Thank djbodoo
Reviewed September 12, 2015

It is already my second visit in Almalomb, and nothing has changed! It wos deliciously, beautifully and very charming. Service as always perfect and open to my vegetarian needs.

I very highly recommend this place, you should drive these few kilometers extra it is worth for the taste and visual sensations (is lovely here ! )

1  Thank karolinapawelec
Reviewed August 20, 2015 via mobile

This is just the kind of place you are looking for when going abroad. All here is about the product and its freshness.
The homemade tagliatelle with small tomatoes was just fantastic. It looks so simple to prepare this kind of meal, however that's the quality of the products that makes the difference ...
The renovation of this mill has been done with class. The kind of place that would perfectly suit for any celebration (marriage or anything else).
Hope to go back again very soon. Really, this is a restaurant that is worth a detour of more than 100kms.

3  Thank OlivierMoons