Open today: 10:00 AM - 4:00 PM

Reviewed 1 week ago
Jay_and_jo_2384
Catterick, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews victorian street preston park butterfly world the river all ages family ticket play area crazy golf tea room adventure playground small charge butterfly house walled garden tea shop great value sweet shop run around
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Myself and my husband tend to walk from Ingleby Barwick to Preston Park and back quite often. We visited on Saturday and the remembrance day memorial was stunning that they had done, what a beautiful tribute.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We came here from Birmingham to visit my mother in law. The place was great and the grounds. Only let down was the park cafe. They ran out food like jacket potatoes and it was only lunchtime. They still left the specials on. Only one menu & not much choice. Poor really. Not very clean. Improve by having more choice of food esp at lunchtime & better seating, comfortable area. Not impressed brings the standards of the park museum down. Better service is needed.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great Halloween walk, I can whole heartedly recommend this to anyone, young or old. The transport was spot on and the various entertainment around the park was fab

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Visited on Sunday morning and was amazed at what we found. An 'old' open air street with interesting shops where we bought old fashioned sweets. A lovely cafe at really good value prices - 95p for a scone and only £1.40 for a coffee. The upstairs rooms at the museum were a real education even though some of the items I remembered from my childhood. A great day out and I need to go back to finish looking round.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Excellent walk into the local history. Excellent interaction from the themed staff in the old highstreet. Great value for money too with the year pass offer on. Very good artifacts and displays right through the history books.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My wife and I took our Grand Kids (3 and 6) to nearby Butterfly world and decided to pop into here as it is was only yards away - so pleased we did , what a Bargain ! . The museum has a fascinating selection of local history located over 2 levels . It also has an old Victorian style street (similar to Beamish but a lot smaller) Kept the kids busy for a couple of hours for a fiver - Job done ! - May I say a big thank you to the lady in the toy shop who re-opened especially to give my Gran daughter a gift she had seen earlier , lovely touch of customer service -Well Done

1  Thank J7313NRandrewh
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We decided to visit the park and museum whilst visiting friends in Stockton.
The park has plenty of open air activities including a well kitted out play area with climbing and swings etc.
There's also a good skateboard park with loads of jumps and ramps etc.
We went round the museum which was fascinating as I can remember some of the toys and product's on display.
There's a street which has been preserved to a high standard and features people dressed in authentic dress.
We had a great time,its a shame we didn't have any more time explore the Butterfly House.

A great place to visit for all ages.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

We often go to Preston Park for a walk. You can do a circular walk which takes you past the museum and along the river bank back to the children's play area. It's a lovely place for a walk!

Reviewed October 2, 2018

We had a interesting visit to the museum.Our eldest grand daughter lives in Leeds.So when she comes to stay we always take her to places she is interested in.The museum was one of those.We had Avery interesting trip around the museum.When you pay for your entry it actually lasts for a whole year.So you can visit as many times as you wish within that year.

Reviewed September 23, 2018

The last 2 years the young people and volunteers of The Cleveland Police Cadet programme have spent a day hosting children from Chernobyl having a holiday in the UK. Both years Preston Park museum have supported the day.
The staff are very helpful,patient and understanding. They are brilliant with the children and the museum itself is very interesting and entertaining for young ones and adults.
A great day out.