The Packhorse Inn
$165
$143
Travelocity
$125
Rosery Country House Hotel(Newmarket)(Great Value!)
$167
$139
  • Breakfast included
Worlington Hall(Mildenhall)
$103
The Bull Inn(Barton Mills)
$105
Travelodge Barton Mills(Barton Mills)(Great Value!)
$52
TripAdvisor
White Hart Hotel(Newmarket)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
All reviewsscallopsthe pubquiet villageamuse boucheporkhuge bathroomfamily mealribeye steakpuddingstaff were brillianttea traybe visiting againbirthday treatwaiting staffbury st edmundsmain buildingfollowing morning
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Newmarket has a dearth of decent restaurants. Apart from a couple of good Indians, which are not really what you are looking for for lunch. The managers have come from The Crown at Bildestone, which was very much a favourite of my in-laws and we visited whenever we were in the area. They have brought to The Packhorse all the fabulous food & excellent service we experienced there. It might appear to be a little on the expensive side but it is more than value for money. I have eaten there as a couple and also attended two private parties in the separate dinning room. All I can say is that every occasion was excellent. Well done & thank you

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 9, 2014

My friends and I were due to dine at The Packhorse Inn for a celebratory meal in 2 days time, having made a phone booking 6 weeks-2 months ago. I contacted the pub via their website/email facility last week to request an extra person be added to our table, thus making us 6 persons. I had no confirmation that this was done, so decided to call them today to make sure. Imagine my disappointment when they explained that they had no booking registered! This obviously demonstrates a complete level of incompetence within the management team. Bookers beware.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
6  Thank tessaneyle
Reviewed December 18, 2013

My wife and I were taken to the above for a birthday celebration dinner by her aunt and her daughter. Fantastic is the only word for it, packed car park on arrival; always a good sign and it was only on a Wednesday...!!! I was very impressed with everything that was served to us and the place is lovely too. I had the scallops for my starter served with chicken wings; well these wings were delicious and the scallops divine, in fact the best I have ever eaten. We then had the pheasant tikka curry; strange choice for an English restaurant but it was magic..!! We all had a pudding and coffee and the entire bill, including wine and bar drinks was under £50 a head.
Go try it for yourself, it really is worth it..!!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2013

Used the Packhorse for a small business meeting, followed by Christmas party menu lunch. The function room proved ideal, where coffee/tea was readily available, as were homemade cookies (a nice touch).
The Xmas lunch was superb, all three courses, along with mini mince pies, were excellent and all members of my party agreed. Special mention to the amuse bouche blue cheese macaroons and the chocolate tart dessert.

Highly recommend.
Paul

Room Tip: Didn't use the rooms so can't make a comment,
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

I had been to the pub before the revamp and its totally unrecognisable to what it was, a job very well done and you can tell a lot of love and thought has gone into the project. The layout is fantastic and has a wonderful atmosphere. I went for lunch and you must book, the Packhorse was packed! I had oysters to start then the lobster salad, both delicious. Others had steak and the chips were to die for (I stole lots as had made a schoolgirl error by not ordering a side dish). We didn't have pudding as simply no room left at the tummy inn but the coffee was excellent and of great quality. The wines on offer were very good and I love that they have Harry Sparrow cider on draught (has become a favourite since discovering at the Fludyer Arms). Lunch was so good I've booked to go back next week.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business