“Best Crocodile Tour ever”

Jose's Crocodile River Tour
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in Tarcoles
More attraction details
Owner description: An action-packed river boat adventure on the Tarcoles River, Costa Rica. See crocodiles up to 17 feet long, over 30 kinds of exotic birds, iguanas and lizards, cruise through mangrove forest, and admire the rainforest scenery! Wildlife UP-CLOSE! An adventure you must experience! Located 20 minutes from Jaco beach and Los Suenos Resort and Marina.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We were able to see all the crocodiles up close and even touch one.
the two guides were very friendly and knowledgeable about all the wildlife, which
included monkeys and birds. a great time was had by all.

1  Thank smwynn

Reviewed October 7, 2013

My husband and I did the crocodile tour on our honeymoon in April 21013 and we are sure glad that we did. It was such an amazing experience. They were able to pick us up from our resort and the driver was very informative of the different things that we we were going to see on the tour, which made us even more excited to go. There were only about 6 other people on our tour which was perfect because you didn't feel like cattle being packed in tight, it allowed us to be able to move around the boat freely; going to different seats to get the best views. The tour guide was funny and knew a lot of about all of the different birds that we were seeing. Jose was great and super ballsy to go out with the crocs and feed them, I don't think you could pay me to do it! Overall it was a very fun experience and would recommend to anyone who has the chance to go on this tour.

1  Thank Nycole J
Reviewed September 27, 2013

What a blast! My family agrees this was by far the most fun we had in Costa Rica. Because we were there during the "green" season, there were no crowds. We got a very personalized tour of the Tarcoles River and the wildlife .... particularly of the crocodiles! Jose was amazing, as was his driver (Jimmy?). I have to agree with other reviewers in saying these guys are crazy! Not only do you get to see these huge crocs up close, you get to watch them being hand fed chicken from a couple of feed away! Totally amazing. Jose also entertained with lots of stories of the Tarcoles and its famous and not so famous inhabitants. Don't be discouraged by the basically dirt road leading to Jose's dock in Tarcoles. This is an excursion not to be missed! Tons of fun!

1  Thank Cmclewis
Reviewed September 22, 2013

A must do in your visit to Jaco. Jose and Jimmy are excellent and offer you an amazing experience. Great tour for families and they offer much more that just a crocodile tour. I have done this tour twice and every time and enjoyed it more and more. And in this last trip I was able to touch then. AMAZING!!!
Thank you Jose for a great tour!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Jose Eduardo let me take photos to my hearts content from the front of his boat. As I am a photographer, this was terrific! This is a must see adventure.