Family of 4 traveling with 2 young kids (almost 3yo and 1yo). Stayed 2 nights. Beautiful bungalows and property. Neat outdoor bathroom with shower, except for mosquitoes saying ‘hi’ from time to time. Very good breakfast with continental extras as buffet style, so plentiful breakfast for the whole family. Hotel made dinner (only 4 standard choices: fish dish, pork dish, chicken dish or ‘can’t remember’). Dinner included soup, salad, main dish, and dessert for flat fee of $15. Little pool to get refreshed was nice. Macaws flew over the property a few times. Room was nice, spacious and clean, beds were comfortable and sheets were soft.
- No real reception corner: arrived on Sunday afternoon and only guard (appeared to be) to give us room keys. No words were spoken as he didn’t seem to know much English at all. Corresponded with Federico by email for reservation (who’s English seemed pretty good) but we haven’t met him, at least we were not introduced to him.
- No one (gardener, kitchen ladies, guard or manager/owner) were interested in talking. It was very strange, but maybe there was a language barrier.
- Room rate was quite expensive for minimally-furnished room without air conditioning (only two ceiling fans)
- No real farm (only one cow, one goat, one pig, each in a tiny cage, and chickens).
Would recommend it for 1-2 nights.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strongly recommended for Birdwatchers and Photographers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotwire and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Cerro Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cerro Hotel Tarcoles
- Hotel Cerro Lodge Costa Rica/Tarcoles