“Consistently good food”

Ranked #22 of 72 Restaurants in Rayleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: ASK Italian in Rayleigh is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Rayleigh menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Consistently good food”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Never disappointed with the food here. Its a simple yet effective menu with the added bonus of being able to use a tastecard. Kids enjoy it too.

Visited April 2013

rayleigh
“overpriced”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Noisy building, overpriced , good attentive staff. We went early in evening so place still had families with children in. Easy to get a table as we came in on the off chance. Table was clean and staff worked the room efficiently. Menu is fairly standard but meal was well prepared. Bill soon added up with dessert and coffee so watch out when ordering as headline price is easily exceeded.

• Visited September 2012
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Lovely food... dirty loo”
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

Love this restaurant and try to go as often as we can!! Although is always very noisy and busy every effort is made so you don't feel hemmed in!! Never had a bad meal although have had bad service on occasions. Good value for money although the wine LST isn't great. This visit however was tainted by filthy toilets... around the sink in the particular cubicle I used had obviously not been cleaned properly in sometime!!

• Visited April 2013
Essex
“its okay, nothing special.....”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I visited last night with 6 friends for a chat and dinner, on arrival it looked bright, a little to bright & very noisy, we were seated close to the door which as it was a warm evening actually worked for us, the waiter came over to take our drinks order & to tell us they didn't have several things on the menu..
The food was basic, nothing on the menu made my mouth water, nothing jumped out at me as being fresh , clearly when it arrived it had been cooked or reheated in the microwave, burning hot plates, fairly dry cardboard food.
I was not impressed with the food, the service was okay, we all had a laugh as we hadn't seen each other for a few months, but we will not be rushing back.
One of the girls had a voucher towards the cost of the main meal, even with that I thought for what we had it wasn't good value....

• Visited April 2013
Rochford
“Impressed!”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I first experienced Ask when working nearby. The boss sent out for Pizza and they were from Ask. I was really impressed and decided to visit at some time. A while later, one of the voucher sites were doing 20% off at various restaurants, including Ask. I took the opportunity to take my girlfriend for a night out (yep, that's me - eternal cheapskate!!) We had Calzone which was fantastic.
The atmosphere was nice and casual, with very friendly efficient service. There was a good selection on the menu and the Peroni was at just the right temperature. I will definitely be returning (maybe even without a voucher!!)

Visited January 2013