“Great food and value!” 4 of 5 bubbles

ASK Italian - Rayleigh
Ranked #29 of 68 Restaurants in Rayleigh
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: ASK Italian in Rayleigh is a place for great food and warm service. Think fresh bread made to tear and share. A glass of fine wine worth deserving of your time. Delicious main dishes prepared the traditional way. Everything we know and love about Italian food is served straight to your table. Take a look at our Rayleigh menu and, if you like what you see, book a table.
“Great food and value!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I came here for lunch with a friend recently and loved it.

I've been to quite a few of the Ask restuarant and this one seems to have the edge over them. The portion sizes here are very substantial and the food is gorgeous with a great range of food.

Staff were friendly too and we were served quickly and our food was quick too.

I would definitely come back here again.

• Visited February 2013

Essex, United Kingdom
“OK But Pricey”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

Saturday night visit and it was fairly busy but not rammed. Plenty of staff and service was what you would expect - there when you needed them. As with previous reviewers, very noisy and struggled to hear. They need some soft furnishings to deaden the sound. Very drafty sitting near the door even though they have two sets of doors and a hot air curtain. Food - overall was good, one of us had a cold pizza served, but the rest of us were ok and I enjoyed my pizza which I just about managed to eat. Have a small appetite though. Side salads were small and not seasoned in any way. Salad costs nothing so they could have easily increased the size for very little. Drinks are very expensive, had a bottled beer and wife a glass of wine which came to circa £12. Would we return ? Only if there was no alternative on the day. With a few changes this could be a great venue but not sure about the Easyjet colour scheme !

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Did not like Italian”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

My wife and have been eating at ASK -Rayleigh since it opened and up till then I actually disliked Italian food. Now thanks to Ask I LOVE it. In addition to loving the food the service is excellent . So much so that we look forward to meeting the staff on each visit which is pretty much weekly.
They are so friendly and make us seem special. May I commend Amanda, Justine, and not least
Laura. I must mention the male contigent (including the chefs) who are also very friendly and welcoming.A great team!

• Visited January 2013
Benfleet, England, United Kingdom
“Very good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013

Food is very good, service very good, decor is good, service good. The venue is open to the kitchen area so you can see your food being cooked, but the place is always very noisey!!! Drink prices are quite high too, only bottles of beer are sold here.

Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Small portions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

Foods ok if you like children's portions , my daughter and her mates luv it here but as for adults I'd give it a miss as I've always left there hungry , value for money isn't that good as they do know how to charge but the restaurant is clean and tidy or was last time I went

Visited September 2012