“Great Italian Food at great prices (on the set menu)” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of La Romantica

La Romantica
Ranked #4 of 68 Restaurants in Rayleigh
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Leigh-on Sea, United Kingdom
“Great Italian Food at great prices (on the set menu)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

We have been going here on and off for a couple of years and keep going back, so something must be good.

We generally eat from the Set Menu which gives you 4 courses for a very reasonable £16.95 (+10% service). On this menu is a choice of about 6 starters, a similar number of main courses followed by dessert and then coffee and mints.

The starters range includes (amongst others) soup, melon, mushrooms and pasta - I usually go for the penne pasta in bolognaise sauce which never disappoints.

The mans also offer a good variety of choice. Last night I had the chicken breast in pepper sauce which was served with potatoes, carrots and cauiliflower. The sauce was beautiful and I enjoyed the meal immensely.

Desserts include favourites such as Tiramisu, cheesecake, chocolate fudge cake, ice cream and pavlova. I heard no negative comments from our party of 9 and we sampled most of what was on offer.

Marco works hard and is always very attentive. A total bill of under £200 (excl service) for 8 adults and 1 child including drinks seems very reasonable and we will no doubt return again very soon.

• Visited January 2013
2 Thank Martin S

Rayleigh, United Kingdom
“Nice little restaurant but food expensive for what you get.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

This was once our favourite restaurant in Rayleigh. We used to go midweek and chose food of the midweek extravaganza menu. The restaurant has a lovely atmosphere. However on our last visit we found the food was not as good and we felt as though we were rushed through our meal. I am a vegetarian and find the menu limiting. I was horrified on my last visit to learn that the stuffed mushrooms that I had always thought were vegetarian had meat in them. I would recommend this place as we have had many meals there and have mostly enjoyed the food. It is a little expensive however and there are two more nearby Italian restaurants - one which I would definitely recommend and the big one that I wouldn't!

1 Thank Bealfamily004
Rayleigh
“Lovely Italian restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 12, 2012

We have eaten here quite a few times over the years and we have never had a bad meal. The food is always lovely and fresh and good size portions. The staff are always very friendly and cannot do enough for you and the service is excellent. Cannot fault it.

• Visited December 2012
Essex
“Hasnt changed in years!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 9, 2012

Typical Italian restaurant, traditional decor, food isalways of a very good standard with a specials board, something for everyone, prices i feel are a little expensive, service excellent from the very friendly owner and his son. I ate hear must be 20 years ago and still has the same owner and nothing decor wise has changed. Could possibly do with a little updating as can appear a bit dreary. Excellent for special occasions.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank EssexJayne
“Absolutely fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

We held my daughters Baptism lunch at La Romantica and Marco and his team were absolutely fantastic. We had the Sunday lunch menu for over 50 guests. The food, the service, the atmosphere and value for money were all excellent. All of our guests were full of praise for the restaurant and the staff could not have been more helpful or polite. I was very impressed that even though we had in excess of 50 guests they didnt have to preorder the food. The food was freshly prepared to order and was served without delay. Additionaly some of our guests had special dietary requirements and these were also all catered for without any trouble. 5 * restaurant!!