“3 night stay”

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Molins de Rei
Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“3 night stay”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is outside Barcelona, I didn't find this an issue as a €10 ticket on the Metro saw us through the 3 days into Barcelona city centre.
The rooms at the hotel are comfortable & inviting, everything you would expect from the IHG brand.

Slow check in due to key card machine down, therefore checkin guests were queuing along with guests waiting for new keys, however only one member of staff working "Eva" what a fantastic team member, very calm & efficient with no stress shown.

I'm surprised a hotel with 104 bedrooms a bar, a takeaway service, coach loads arriving in the middle of Summer & one team member working!!!
I don't think the receptionist stopped all evening, my heart went out to her, I noticed this on the 3 evenings.

Thank you Eva for making our stay very pleasant and welcoming.

Room Tip: Brilliant hotel if you don't want to pay City prices.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank MHartland

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Slough, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 16, 2013

travelled vi ba holidays got a cheap deal for 2 for less than 350 inc flight and hotel. The hotel from the airport is not that far if you understand the barcelona train network. So from the aiport you need to go to terminal 2 catch the metro (buy a t10 card) to barcelona sants from there to
Molins de Rei from there its about 10 mins walk to hotel. In Molins de Rei there is nothing to do however next to hotel there is a superstore like asda, tesco.
From the hotel the beaches are qiute far we travelled to blanes and the olympics beaches it takes over an hour to get there. The centre of barcelona from the holtel is not bad about 30 mins trains are frequent. The hotel breakfast is average rooms are ok television is boring staff are very helpful especially (laura) who is like a tourist giude all in all the location is bad but is cheap compared to others the views are nothing also.

Room Tip: towards motorway noisy
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Imran A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Molins De Rei, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Imran A,

Thank your for taking the time to write a review regarding your stay with us. I am pleased that you found our staff to be helpful.

On the other hand, I sincerely apologize for you did not find our location to your liking. We regret the negative experience and impressions you may have had.

Your feedback is not only essential but is also a helpful tool to measure the level of service we extend to our guests and at the same time provides us with an opportunity to improve our standards where possible. Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Dhan M
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I chose this Holiday Inn Express because we belong to their loyalty program and I was looking for something reliable and in my budget. The hotel is outside of Barcelona, a drawback I was willing to trade off to save some money. When we got off our flight, tired and jet-lagged, the staff was very good about getting us into a room early, the only reason I bumped my rating up to Poor and not terrible. The train to get into the city is only a 5-minute walk away from the hotel and is convenient to take you right into the heart of the city, costing 4€ for roundtrip. The breakfast was okay, mostly the typical European continental. Service in breakfast area was a little slow. The main reason for my poor rating was what happened outside the hotel on the Friday and Saturday nights we stayed. Close to midnight, the road outside the hotel, which our room overlooked, became a riot zone. Young people littered the street until daybreak and beyond, partying. There was obviously drugs and alcohol involved because the parties became violent as the night went on. They played loud music, raced cars up and down, yelled, screamed, fought all night long right there in the street outside my room. A tour bus company kept its buses on the street as well as a lot across the street and I'm surprised they don't get involved. At the insistence of my husband who told me to just ignore it and go back to sleep the first night, despite the fact that their noise was making it hard to sleep, I did not notify the front desk, thinking it was maybe an isolated incident and technically it was outside the hotel's property, which was fenced in. The next night, it happened again and this time it seemed worse. I looked out my window around 5 am/daybreak, to witness a violent altercation between 2 women and 2 men. They were all quite intoxicated and I watched in horror as the man who was the most visibly drunk/high with no shirt and his pants half down, punched the women in the face and choke the other man who tried to intervene. Another man came over and drop-kicked him in the face as the fighting continued on behind one of the tour buses. I tried to call the front desk to report this but my phone wouldn't work and I couldn't get the front desk. Again, my husband told me to just go back to bed but I was glad we were checking out that morning. Why the hotel allows this violent behavior to happen outside its doors is beyond me. You can't tell me they don't know it's happening because of the noise. Surely they could do something to make these crowds move somewhere else. This, along with the seediness of the town Molins de Rei is why I gave this hotel a poor rating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 Thank CavKeyMom
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Molins De Rei, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear CavKeyMom,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. Please allow us to apologize for the over-all experience you had during your stay and any inconvenience the situation may have caused which affected your stay negatively. Guest comfort and safety are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide a secure environment. Also, the feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Anthony M

Travelers are raving about these Molins de Rei hotels

Colombo Pr
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We stayed there twice during this trip to BCN. The hotel is good. It's clean and rooms are spacious. The breakfast offers pretty much everything you may want. The bread is delicious!! The front desk staff is OK. The hair dryer wasn't working in the first room we stayed in. I asked them to fix or replace it, but they answered they couldn't because it was Saturday. The second time, the TV wasn't working. I asked them to see it, but nobody did. It is a little far from BCN, but you can get the train there (20 min). Really easy. However, the best is a bar we found close to the hotel. We ate one of the best meals in two weeks and the best in BCN. The tapas are awesome. Excellent price! EL TRIANGULO. It's in Sant Feliu de Lobregat ( on the corner of Carrer de Sant Josep - the street next to the hotel - and Carrer Rupert Llado) You can't miss it!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MartinhaColomboPr
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Ok, so i dont know what your situation is & why you may be reading this, but i am going to tell you my lifestyle & what i was here for, so that you can figure if this hotel is good enough for you. Ok i flew into Barca International & needed a hotel, this holiday inn seemed good mainly due to the price because everything in the city was way overpriced. I was here mainly to see Barcelona & begin a trip through the coast of Spain all the way to Seville. So yes i used this hotel for 4 nights! to see Barcelona, so YES it is possible.
The hotel is kind of far from the city, Luckily the Metro system train link is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel which can get you in the middle of the city in about 25-30minutes. Yes i know it may seem far but because of the Hotel condition & price, its not too bad if your trying to save money. Theres not really anything to do near or around hotel, everything requires transport.
The rooms however are nice, clean, efficient, modern & good bathrooms. its very basic/average but there is nothing wrong with room, zero flaws. The staff is awesome at this hotel, even though they are not a hotel in the middle of the city, the staff is like a concierge at a five star hotel. I would have easily checked out due to the location & found a random hotel in the middle of the city, but i didnt due to the staff, who were very very helpful -wish i could say more.
You cant expect too much for the price they charge, yes there are additional charges for things (wifi) but thats a common thing when going to international friendly hotels. Breakfast to me wasnt all to bad, it was average -quick in & out meal. If your a quick moving couple, group of friends or a family with elder kids or your just trying to save money & dont mind seeing the local side of Spain, stay here.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank TattooedPassport
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Stayed here for two nights during a road trip across Europe. Staff needs additional training - one of the employees hanged up on me when I called the front desk asking about the internet and business center ...

Good:
- free parking at the location, gate is locked at the night
- large supermarket next to the hotel
- 15 minute walk to the train station where round trip tickets to downtown cost 4.40 Euro per person

Need to improve
- internet costs 12 Euro per day, when called before making the reservations, staff informed me that the Premium Rewards members get it complimentary BUT after arriving, it turned out only "Silver" members get it ... very disappointing
- courtesy training for the staff, front desk hanged up while I was talking to them
- fee per hour to use business center - this should be complimentary

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Albert Z
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Molins De Rei, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
Dear Albert Z,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns. I'm glad to read your appreciation with the parking and the convenient location of our hotel. I apologize for the inconvenience you may have had with the poor services you received during your stay. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Thank you again for your review.

Karen C
Imus, Cavite, Philippines
Reviewed January 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Inn end of March. It was in a great location, walking distance from a supermarket and the rail station. The front desk was very helpful in giving us maps and pointing out which direction to go each time, as we're not exactly champion navigators. The rooms we got were small but I suppose right for the price, functional and neat. Bathroom was alright and clean, with it's requisite amenities. What I didn't like about it was that the doors/walls were not as soundproof as I expected. We could hear people talking in the hallway as they passed. Also, we were told that since it was March, there's no airconditioning. So we had to keep the window open all the time to get any ventilation; which was too bad at night because it's near a park where kids hangout and make all sorts of noise till the wee hours. That also means you can't be too late coming back to the inn if you're afraid of being harassed by the kids. Our first night there, the kids were so rowdy the police had to come and sort it.

• Stayed March 2012
3 Thank Manel Y
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Molins De Rei, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Manel Y,

Holiday Inn Express
#281 of 513 in Barcelona
Ibis Barcelona Molins de Rei
#1 of 3 in Molins de Rei
Holiday Inn Express Barcelona-Sa...
#3 of 6 in Sant Cugat del Valles
Hesperia Sant Joan
#202 of 513 in Barcelona
Novotel Barcelona Cornella
#3 of 4 in Cornella de Llobregat
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya
#98 of 513 in Barcelona

Been to Holiday Inn Express Molins De Rei? Share your experiences!