Ok, so i dont know what your situation is & why you may be reading this, but i am going to tell you my lifestyle & what i was here for, so that you can figure if this hotel is good enough for you. Ok i flew into Barca International & needed a hotel, this holiday inn seemed good mainly due to the price because everything in the city was way overpriced. I was here mainly to see Barcelona & begin a trip through the coast of Spain all the way to Seville. So yes i used this hotel for 4 nights! to see Barcelona, so YES it is possible.
The hotel is kind of far from the city, Luckily the Metro system train link is about a 10 minute walk from the hotel which can get you in the middle of the city in about 25-30minutes. Yes i know it may seem far but because of the Hotel condition & price, its not too bad if your trying to save money. Theres not really anything to do near or around hotel, everything requires transport.
The rooms however are nice, clean, efficient, modern & good bathrooms. its very basic/average but there is nothing wrong with room, zero flaws. The staff is awesome at this hotel, even though they are not a hotel in the middle of the city, the staff is like a concierge at a five star hotel. I would have easily checked out due to the location & found a random hotel in the middle of the city, but i didnt due to the staff, who were very very helpful -wish i could say more.
You cant expect too much for the price they charge, yes there are additional charges for things (wifi) but thats a common thing when going to international friendly hotels. Breakfast to me wasnt all to bad, it was average -quick in & out meal. If your a quick moving couple, group of friends or a family with elder kids or your just trying to save money & dont mind seeing the local side of Spain, stay here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Express by Holiday Inn Barcelona Molins de Rei Hotel is strategically located in the heart of 'EL Pla' industrial area. Ideal for the business traveller thanks to the proximity to major business areas like Rubi, Sant Just Desvern and Sant Joan Despi and companies such as Schneider Electric. It is a place to stay for business and leisure guests and families travelling to our city. The hotel can be found at the western entrance of Barcelona, which is comfortably reachable by car or train. The hotel is located in the town of Molins de Rei, with easy access from the motorways AP7 from France and AP2 from Madrid / Zaragoza, the Express by Holiday Inn Barcelona Molins de Rei hotel is conveniently located with respect to the new Fairground M2 Gran Via Exhibition Centre, the international El Prat Airport and Barcelona Harbour's Cruise Ship departure area. The hotel Express by Holiday Inn Barcelona Molins de Rei is just few train stops from the Barcelona Centre (Plaza Cataluna, Arco de Triunfo, Estacion de Sants, Ramblas, Barrio Gatico) and offers to all its guests a high professional international staff (languages spoken English, French, Italian, Spanish), 111 rooms with a modern style, a business centre, meeting room facilities and WI-FI and high speed connection in all rooms and public areas. A free buffet breakfast awaits you every morning in our great room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, IHG, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Molins De Rei reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Molins De Rei Hotel Molins De Rei
- Holiday Inn Express Barcelona
- Holiday Inn Barcelona
- Barcelona Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Molins De Rei Province Of Barcelona