“Fantastic seafood chowder & excellent service”
Review of Garden Breeze Restaurant - CLOSED

Garden Breeze Restaurant
Cuisines: Canadian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Welcome to Garden Breeze Restaurant - Where Friends & Family Meet! Family style dining in a relaxed, comfortable setting. Garden Breeze delivers great service, delicious food and superb value at our Dieppe/Moncton location (across Paul Street from Champlain Place Shopping Center, Chapters/Indigo Bookstore, and Cineplex theatres). Garden Breeze would be pleased to host your next family, business or social event. With the capability of private seating up to 65 we will ensure pleasant memories of the important events in your life. Come see us, soon! We look forward to welcoming you!
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've eaten at the Garden Breeze several times and have never been disappointed with the simple, hearty meals at a very reasonable price. Very friendly and responsive staff to check in during the meal.

Not to be missed was a world-class seafood chowder where I had to work to finish the generous portion size of the regular bowl.

Meals to try: CHOWDER, meatloaf, seafood platter.

Ron T, Owner at Garden Breeze Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Hello Charlie8675309,
You have summed up our main theme; good, homestyle food at a reasonable price and a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere. So pleased that you enjoyed the seafood chowder.
Thank you for the feedback and we look forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Garden Breeze Restaurant

Reviewed July 4, 2014

The Garden Breeze is one of my favourite breakfast locations that my husband and I like to go to. We have always had excellent service and great portions. I definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who enjoys a tasty meal in a relaxed environment.

1  Thank David F

Hello David F,
Your feedback is greatly appreciated. We have always been a popular breakfast spot and take great pride in the fact that we have so many regular guests such as yourself who enjoy our food and service.
Did you know that we serve breakfast all-day, every day?
We look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Reviewed July 2, 2014

I have been to the Garden Breeze restaurant on several occasions and it's been mediocre at best but I thought I'd give it another chance. I went on a Saturday night for steak and it was touted as an 8oz for $9.99, a savings of $7-$8 over the regular price. I asked for medium well and was excited to get my steak. However, that joy quickly turned to disappointment as, after a 47 minute wait, I received a steak that was medium rare and half of it was fat. This steak was not trimmed at all. I asked for it to be sent back and cooked to my specifications and when it returned 17 minutes later, I took one bite and had to sput it out!! It was the vilest tasting meat ever!! It tasted so sour that I thought it was spoiled but I learned from the waitress that the chef, and I use that term loosely, marinades his steaks in VINEGAR!! Who the hell does that??? On top of that, my supposedly large greek salad which goes for $9.99 as well, came in this big plate with a 4 inch round depression in the middle and they put the salad in that depression! It was a side salad size not a large!! I get the same salad at Pizza Delight for the same price and it's practically a meal in itself! To say I was upset would be an understatement but I held it together and just got up and walked out. My dining partner ordered the seafood pasta which was seafood chowder poured over spaghetti!! No lobster, as advertised, only one shrimp and a handfull of clams! That is NOT a balanced offering of seafood for such a named dish. It also was $16.99 regular price and it was served in the SAME plate I was served my salad! It would maybe feed a 6 year old as that was the portion size. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!? There is no consistency between cooks as I have seen both dishes served to me and my dining partner look totally different, meaning served as they actually should be. Atrocious food, and portions! I have put up with it for too long and I am done with the Garden Breeze.

The manager doesn't know her behind from a hole in the ground. She obviously doesn't know what is going on in her restaurant but since she is related to the owner, Ron Toogood, she gets to drive this business into the ground. No dutiful manager would EVER let such poor quality control to EVER get to a customers table, let alone leave the kitchen! No sense of restaurant management and even the waitresses won't offer something to make up for your inconvenience. Shame on this restaurant for trying to skimp on portions and make customers pay exorbitant prices for it. The Garden Breeze is a joke and the food and management are an embarrassment. Please do not waste your good money on this hole as there are plenty of good, reputable places to eat in the greater Moncton area than this place. If you can't see that, then obviously you don't get out very much!

Ron T, Owner at Garden Breeze Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Hello Kristorm,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your visit. To say the least I am shocked at what you experienced and cannot explain this apparent lapse in our standards. I have personally gone through the guest checks for the past couple of Saturday evenings to attempt to determine when you and your friend were in. Unfortunately, I cannot find any combination of menu items that would match your order, even on multiple guest checks at approximately the same times. Speaking to servers who worked the past two Saturdays, none can recall the issues you raise.
It would be very helpful if you would contact me directly at my office (506-388-5548) so that we may pinpoint the date and time you were in. I understand that you may not plan to return to the restaurant; however, I would like to ensure that you are reimbursed for any amount that you did pay and that we provide training to the staff members involved.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Enjoyed a nice relaxing lunch with a friend. Had been shopping at the Mall, so was nice to come to a calmer, cozy place to enjoy lunch. Service is very friendly and quick. Food is very good and nice portions. They were quite busy, and the server did a great job, checking in a couple times if we needed more water, etc. I had the nachos with chicken. Was a large plate, so shared some with my friend. 2 serving of salsa & sour cream came with. That was nice, often you don't get enough with nachos. This was tasty and filling, yet felt lite with the chicken & veggies instead of the standard meat sauce. Would recommend. Friend had the philly steak sandwich with a side of garden salad. She really enjoyed the meal. The side garden salad was terrific...no leaf of lettuce and tomato slice with a hidden carrot here! Was a nice portion, green leafy lettuce, and assorted veggies. We will be back!

1  Thank Lori C
Ron T, Owner at Garden Breeze Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2014

We are a nice, quiet refuge from the hustle and bustle of the Mall. Thanks for sharing your experience and recommendation We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed February 16, 2014

The restaurant is older, but the staff is friendly and the building is clean. The portion sizes are great for the value. The food is simple and filling.

1  Thank Erin T

Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. You've highlighted what we are all about - homestyle, large portions, friendly staff and affordable. Glad you enjoyed your visit!