“Slippery when wet”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Dieppe
Rothesay, Canada
“Slippery when wet”
Reviewed November 2, 2013

I was up at 4:30am to catch a flight and as I stepped into the shower, slipped and slammed my head into the far wall of the shower. I went into shock (sweating, nausea). Somehow I managed to go to the front desk with my friend where we alerted them to my accident. We filled out a report and have had no follow-up in the week since. I asked for an ice pack and nothing was available. This really impacted my entire day - I had a headache, bruised head and generally felt off. Five days later my head is still swollen and bruised. The lack of follow up and accountability is very disappointing. My guess is that whoever cleaned the tub didn't rinse it thoroughly which left it slippery. Accidents happen but I think the hotel should have been more responsive.
Otherwise a decent place to stay with an early breakfast available and free transportation to and from the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
HIEdieppe, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback, we are very sorry you had an unpleasant stay, it's our team's goal to ensure everyone enjoys their stay with us. We are are sorry for the incident that happened during your last stay.

This is a extremely rare case at our hotel and we are certain that should you stay with our property again, you will have a MUCH better experience! Please call me directly at 506-388-7603 if you would like to discuss staying with us again. We would be very please to try and regain your business.

Alyssa Williams
Director of Sales
sales@hieairportdieppe.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
saint john n.b.
Reviewed November 2, 2013

i have stayed in this hotel 1/2 dozen times in the past...my recent stay was my last. my 48 year old friend took a very bad fall in the shower on our departure morning. the floor of the shower was very slippery, with no math mat provided.it seemed that it might not have been completely cleaned of cleaning product. she suffered a large bruise to her forehead and was in a daze for some time . we reported the incident to the front desk immediately and filled out requisite forms. when we asked for ice, they responded that they had none. I received no feedback or call back from the hotel management. I called to speak with the management regarding same a few days later, and "tammy" the duty manager indicated that yes had heard about this, that they were not required to supply bat mats, and that she would contact me...still nothing. I am a frequent traveller and "religious" tripadvisor contributor. I cannot understand why hotels would risk their reputation on such lack of care or follow up. would not recommend staying there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience! We are sorry for the incident that occured during your last stay - as it's our team's goal to ensure everyone has a great stay with us. We have been in contact with your friend and have discussed the incident - please feel free to contact me directly at 506-388-7603 if you would like to discuss furthur. We are certain that should you stay with us again, you will have a much better experience. We would be pleased to try and regain your business.

Alyssa Williams
Director of Sales
Charlottetown, Canada
Reviewed October 27, 2013

First off I Must say, I Love this Hotel, it looks like it was just Built, in fact we found out is 7 yrs. old, does not seem that way, it is Beautiful. Check in was very quick and the laughs we had were great, especially at 12:30 in the morning, the Two Men that were working really love their guests and you can tell they love their job, from the drive from the airport until we finished checking in they were great,the rooms are amazing and breakfast was fresh and Hot. will Defiantly come back. Thank You Holiday Inn

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEdieppe, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Greetings!

Wow! Thank you so much for the fantastic review. We very much appreciate your great feedback and are glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon! (:

Warmest regards,

Director of Sales & Marketing
506-388-7603
Wexford, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 14, 2013

First time at a Holiday Inn Express and was very surprised that this hotel had a upscale feel to it. The lobby was large and clean. The breakfast was hot and generous. Everyday was a different hot egg entree. The rooms were large and well appointed and very comfortable. All staff members were helpful and friendly. Close to the airport but rarely heard the airplanes. Currently a lot of road construction near the hotel which makes it slow going and dusty getting in and out. Very very good location for excursions to Nova Scotia and Prince Edward Island.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HIEdieppe, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel! We really appreciate your feedback, and love to hear guests' thoughts on our location and amenities! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay! (:

Sales & Marketing Manager
Freetown
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We always have a pleasant stay at this Hotel, Staff are very friendly and helpful. The Breakfast is pretty good. Overall the place is very clean, to have this Hotel perfect for cleanliness they need someone to go into the cleaned rooms and clean the wallpaper in the bathrooms. Our last stay there were splashes of something all over the wall so I cleaned it myself. Other then some detailing with the cleaning I would rate my stay perfect every time I have been there. I have stayed at other Hotels in the area and this Hotel is by far the cleanest.

Greetings,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for the great feedback - we very much appreciate it! We are glad to hear that you enjoy our location! We hope to see you again very soon! (:

Sales & Marketing Manager
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed September 11, 2013

Arrived about 11 p.m. without a reservation with 3 small kids in tow. Got us in and up to the room in no time. Rooms were clean and spacious. Left next morning with a nice hot breakfast and the kids getting to have fruit loops and eggs. Will stay again if in the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HIEdieppe, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you so much for the wonderful feedback! We are so glad you got to enjoy the little time at our hotel and that you enjoyed the breakfast. We look foward to seeing you again in the future! (:
Huntsville, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I stayed at this location on two separate nights at beginning and end of our trip. It is very close to Moncton airport and has a great shuttle service. We had king room each night. Both rooms were clean and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
HIEdieppe, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Greetings,

Thank you so much for your review! Our main goal is to make travel as convenient and seamless as possible for travellers, and we want our guests to feel looked after at all times! Come see us again soon! (:

Alyssa W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dieppe
Quality Inn Airport
Rodd Moncton Hotel
#8 of 29 in Moncton
Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton
Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour

Been to Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe? Share your experiences!