I work out west for a month and spend 11 hours flying into Moncton for my time off at home. My plane always lands at 1 am, so I had my wife reserve a room for us so we could get some rest and make the 2 hour drive home the next day. She arrived at 6 pm and was not pleasantly surprised to find she'd been given a room adjoined to the elevator shaft... Rumble up, rumble down, all night long. Nevertheless, not being the complaining type, she felt we could deal with this relative inconvenience for one evening.
When I arrived and met her at 1:45am, we quietly shared a few glasses of wine and some whispered conversation prior to retiring. Just before 3am, a 'bill' was slipped under our door listing services we had accessed and their prices. Odd time to be hand delivering receipts, I thought. But again, neither of us are the type to complain, although it felt very creepy, like big brother was watching us.
After retiring at 4:45am, we were violently awakened by the fire alarms just before 6am. The entire hotel was evacuated into the frigid February winter, where we (and the entire hotel) found shelter in our frosted vehicles. By this time, we were starting to become a bit frazzled.
After 35 minutes in the deep freeze, we were allowed to return to our rooms. Once seated, and watching my exhausted spouse barely falling back to sleep, another alarm. Again, a full evacuation of the entire hotel. As we left, we noticed newspapers at everyone's doors except for ours. This latest evacuation, for us, was the 'icing on the cake'.
After being allowed back to our rooms for the second time, we quickly packed, and loaded our belongings into our car before the now expected third alarm.
It was barely 8am, but we had lost any sense of privacy and security a hotel such as this should offer, long before this point!
Before leaving, my wife kindly explained to the front desk staff what a terrible night we had endured. She was denied compensation of any kind and told the newspapers are only for 'exclusive guests', and the fire alarms (as we are aware) are for our own safety.
I have NEVER been so glad to leave a hotel earlier than regular check out time! The staff were obnoxious, pretentious, and unhelpful. The room adjoined to the elevator was probably the worst in the building, and the sense of being spied on at 3am was intolerable.
Never again will I waste $200.00 on a Holiday Inn Express! You've lost two paying customers... Apparently this does not bother the staff at HI Express in Dieppe, NB!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smartest travel plans begin with the Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe. Located off the New Brunswick coast, Dieppe is a city rich in heritage and industry. As you begin your travel plans to this beautiful region of Canada, consider staying at the Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe hotel. Our hotel near Moncton Airport (YQM) offers a free airport shuttle that runs throughout the day. We feature an indoor Salt Water Mineral pool and spa with no added chlorine, as well as Fitness and Business Centres. With many choice amenities for any traveler and a prime location near Greater Moncton International Airport (YQM), our Dieppe hotel gives new meaning to Staying Smart. Within 5 kilometers of our hotel in Dieppe are Caledonia Industrial Park and Dieppe Industrial Park, which are home to a number of different corporations and businesses. Other businesses, including Master Packaging, are less than a kilometer away. The Moncton Coliseum is also just a short drive from our hotel. Our Dieppe airport hotel offers easy access to some of the area's biggest attractions. Magic Mountain Water Park and Magnetic Hill Zoo are both 15 kilometers away. You can enjoy a relaxing day on the greens at Fox Creek Golf Club or go shopping at Dieppe's finest shopping mall, Champlain Place. Both are within 5 kilometers of our hotel. Stay Smart with us to see why the smartest travel plans begin with our Dieppe hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe Hotel Dieppe
- Holiday Inn Dieppe
- Dieppe Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Dieppe
- Holiday Inn Express Airport Dieppe New Brunswick