“Portions are a little small for the price”

Blue Olive Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 70 Restaurants in Dieppe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Discover the Blue Olive and it’s exotic flavours. It’s spices rich in color and their intoxicating perfumes will transform your culinary experience into a trip around the world. A total escape! In a welcoming atmosphere, the Blue Olive Restaurant offers you a variety of delicious, healthy meals. The best Mediterranean specialties are offered at affordable prices: hummus, Falafels, Shawarma, kebabs, couscous, tajines, rack of lamb, grilled chicken, mediterranean salads, pita wraps and many other delectable selections. The Blue Olive Market, located in the same space, offers a wide variety of products from around the world; from Africa to the Middle East, from India to China, Thailand, Japan, Europe, Latin America and many other regions. Experience the atmosphere of an Arabian market! For birthdays, weddings, family reunions, conferences and other special occasions, Blue Olive Catering will be your best ally to assist you in entertaining your guests and creating an unforgettable experience. Our professional staff will listen to your needs and will offer a personalised service that will meet your needs and exceed your expectations. You'll agree, the Blue Olive Restaurant and Market is the best place to be! Our welcoming and competent staff will guide you through our menu selections as well as in making your market purchases.
Reviewed April 29, 2013

Food was excellent, fresh and tasty. However the sharwarma's are a little smaller compared to other places. The fries are not crisp, (a little limp) but tasty. The service was friendly, but a little slow. They have excellent foodstuffs for sale. All in all, I would visit again. The Blue Olive is located in a strip mall, but that doesn't detract from its rating.

Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

This was our first visit so we ordered two of the most basic items on the menu which we generally do on a first visit to any restaurant. I ordered the lamb shawarma trio with fries and my partner oredered the chicken shawarma trio with fries. After a longer than expected wait, our food arrived, exactly as ordered.

My lamb was prepared in kabab-type cubes. It was cooked to perfection. The veg within the shawarma were fresh and crunchy. While the shawarma fell apart towards the end, it was delicious. My partner loved his chicken shawarma too. The mint tea and baklava were a great finish to the meal. Too bad they bring their baklava in from Montreal.

1  Thank TMdS
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I stumbled upon this little gem one day and have been back several times.
It is not a fancy place,but the staff are friendly and the food is really authentic Tunisian.
The lamb special is really good,as is the chicken.
The platters come laden with salad,couscous and many delicious things.
I think their meats are organic.
Excellent value too!

1  Thank Kone07
Reviewed July 13, 2012

I went there a couple of times and every time i enjoy the experience. Staff really freindly, great price and a good selection of mediterrean food. If you pass by Dieppe you should definitely try the Blue Olive.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

The staff is friendly, they are patient when you ask a lot of questions (and we did), and the portion sizes are good. We had the Kefta platter (seasoned ground beef kebab) and the Tunisian Lamb Chops. Platters are served with choice of salads, rice, couscous, pita bread and hummus. The Kefta was good and the salad was filled with flavour. The Tunisian Lamb Chops put a smile on my face (definitely a very good sign!) They were so tender and so full of flavour that I was sad when I finished the last bite!! We also like to try unusual beverages when we go there; this time we had lycee soda; light tropical taste, refreshing.