“Nothing out of the ordinary” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Canadian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Shediac, Canada
“Nothing out of the ordinary”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

I ordered the smoked meat on marble rye. My partner had the steak sandwich. My smoked meat was not on par with Montreal smoked meat but not awful either. It was unusually salty and not piled high as you would expect at any smoked meat joint in Montreal. The marble rye was soggy as it disintegrated under the meat. The fries that came with, were average. My partner thought his steak sandwich was very good. He ordered his steak sandwiched medium but the steak was actually cooked rare. We had the bread pudding for dessert. The individual portion was enough for the two of us to share. The bread pudding was so-so.

The service was excellent. Our server really seemed concerned that we enjoyed our meal. I felt badly that I couldn't say I loved my smoked meat sandwich.

The decor is rustic Canadiana with a canoe suspended from the ceiling and antlers mounted on the walls, among many other bits and pieces. Photos of famous Canadians adorn just about every wall. They have a full bar at the back of the restaurant. There was no discernible atmosphere whatsoever.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this spot, but we wouldn't rush back.

The washrooms were spotless.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
thbetts, Owner at M.I.C. - Made in Canada, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you very much for the constructive feedback. I will look into the smoked meat issue as we are very well known here for having excellent smoked meat sandwiches. We thank you for your visit and for letting us know what you thought. We hope to see you in again to try some of our other popular items....Like the Smoked Havarti Sandwich!!

“Awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012

Great food! Wings are wicked good!! We've been eating here since it opened. Continue to go and have never had any bad food. Ask for Tom the manager - very helpful.

Moncton, Canada
“Best Cheese Sticks in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 6, 2012

Last Friday night I went to M.I.C. with the girls and we tried the cheese sticks as an appetizer and they were amazing. Nothing like them around.

• Visited December 2012
dieppe
“Exceelnt service and selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Great lunch items. Don't usually eat meat but loved their Montreal Smoked Meat - the best! Nice open environment and friendly quick service.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada
“Nice, fresh fish burger and impressive cheese sticks!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2012

Overall my date and myself had a great experience at M.I.C. Restaurant in Dieppe, NB. My server was friendly and helpful, plus the food was excellent and for the right price. I will definitely be visiting again!

• Visited October 2012