“Great front desk staff!”

Coastal Inn Moncton/Dieppe
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Dieppe
Reviewed September 6, 2013

My 11 month old baby and I got there an afternoon, we had a reservation for upstairs, when the guy at front desk saw me carrying bags and pushing a stroller he insisted on giving me a room downstairs. He managed to book me the second room just on the right corridor of the front door. We had to go out my son and I at 11:30pm to pick up my boyfriend at the airport and came back and hour later. So that room was really helpful. Carpet in the room was a bit dirty. And the corridor we were in was full of construction guys, so the noise and door slamming started at around 4:30am. But overall, all was good and I enjoyed my first experience with a baby in a hotel room. And again the staff at the front desk the next morning was really nice with my little family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
CoastalInns, General Manager at Coastal Inn Moncton/Dieppe, responded to this reviewResponded September 14, 2013

I absolutely agree with you that we have a GREAT front desk staff! I appreciate you taking the time to relate your experience with everyone on Trip Advisor.

There are newer reviews for Coastal Inn Moncton/Dieppe

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Centrally located and close to a lot of amenities for our purposes. No parking, had to park on the street. Very loud as there were a lot of families with out-of-control kids running/yelling up and down the halls....really can't blame the hotel for poor parenting, but can blame them for poor sound insulation in the walls! Having said that, staff were quick to respond of complaints. Pool was very small and little seating for onlookers. It was adequate. Price was average...standard, but shocked when I stayed at the Bellagio in Las Vegas for only $30 more a night for a dbl room a few weeks later!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am really happy to hear that our staff resolved the issue of noise quickly for you. Our hotel can get quite busy during March break with many happy and excited children enjoying our facilities. I am sorry that you were disturbed at all. We appreciate your feedback as this is the best way for us to improve our service to our guests.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

I would stay here again , nothing fancy but you are only there to shower and sleep staff was friendly , they did very well with a hotel full of high school hockey players . Only thing is they really need mats inside doors of each room so your feet and floor are not wet from your shoes &more parking it was a bit hard if u got back there late in the evening .

• Stayed: December 2012

Thank you for the nice review Ourtang!

We LOVE having families stay with us and enjoy our facility. Your idea about the mats is awesome and I will look into doing just that. Some of our best ideas have come from our guests feedback and we appreciate the fact that you care enough to help us out. We look forward to seeing your family again!

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Front Desk staff was wonderful. The room was fine and the free breakfast was just right for us.It is an older hotel but seemed to be in fairly good shape. I would possibly stay here again if I were back i Moncton.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

We appreciate your comments - we would LOVE to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed September 4, 2013

I recently stayed at the Coastal Inn, Moncton/Dieppe, NB. for 2 nights while attending a function. The hotel had been booked by other people in our party.
The front staff were very helpful and friendly. The room was clean and adequate. The location is very good right across from the mall. The free continental or discounted full breakfast was nice.
However the hotel is a smaller older property and it is starting to show its age.
I must mention the weather was VERY hot & humid.
The room and everything in it was was very damp and musty smelling. I had to iron my clothes to dry them out. Although it was a non-smoking room, I could smell stale smoke. I was tempted to open the window to get some freah air but due to the heat did not. It would appear the AC just couldn't keep up.
Would I stay here again probably not, there are many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review. We do apologize for the uncomfortable stay you experienced with us. There were a handful of days this year that were exceptionally hot and humid - we actually broke records! I do hope that you will give us an another opportunity to show you that are rooms are actually comfortable. We have been doing a number of renovations and updates to our rooms to get rid of that "tired" look you refer to. I believe that you will find them more than satisfactory and actually a GREAT value!

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Front desk staff......AMAZING!!!
Cleaning staff.......needs to be retrained or replaced.

We were advised that there was a quieter area of this hotel and it was slightly away from the main building....nope, almost a block away. If you book at this hotel be sure to ask if your room is in the main building or not. I work in the travel industry and tried my best not to be too critical but your cleaning staff either needs to be retrained or replaced. You should NEVER EVER find someone else's hair in your room when you check in. The tub was not washed out properly and we stayed for two nights...they cleaned our room the first morning they were there and didn't vacuum, sweep or remove garbages...I had change on the table and was unable to find it. As well I believe that if housekeeping is cleaning rooms that all garbage and cleaning supplies in the hallway should be neatly organized and not have someone else's dirty towels in front of my door that we had to kick to get in.

If you get a food a beverage credit I would recommend not to eat at the restuarant. I was served my lunch by a super sweet waitor and as she brought our food asked if I wanted a cold ceasar salad as she could see that the cheese melted on the salad from being under the heating lights....I think I looked at her like she had 3 heads for asking me that questions. The breakfast that is included is a cold breakfast as well.

We bought the package deal for Crystal Palace and in the end my 6 year old had a wonderful time and thats all the mattered!

Other than the front desk staff...I have NO reason to ever stay here. The rooms smelt like mold, there was someone elses hair in my room from a previous stay. Location was ok.

Room Tip: Make sure to check the room as soon as you get there to ensure it is clean. The front desk staff is...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
CoastalInns, General Manager at Coastal Inn Moncton/Dieppe, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with feedback from your stay. I am very sorry to hear that the cleanliness was not satisfactory during your visit. We are very concerned about guestroom cleanliness and will take the appropriate actions to re-train the staff member involved in cleaning your room. We do hope that you will give us another chance to show you this was an error on our part and not the norm. I thank you for the GREAT feedback concerning our front desk team members, I have passed this along to them!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My kids and I showed up without a reservation on one of the hottest days of the year. It was after supper and we were exhausted and the kids a little cranky. The Manager greeted me with the friendliest, most accommodating attitude I've ever been met with. The check-in process was swift and he was completely sympathetic to our fatigue. He called the room to make sure we found it okay and he even gave us popsicles! I would rate the facilities as average but I wouldn't hesitate to come back simply because of the service. This guy was the kind of manager I wish I found at every hotel I stayed in. Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Thank you Angela!

We sincerely try to give this level of service to all our guests and we thank you very much for taking the time to give us a "pat on the back". We appreciate your comments and we hope to see you and your family real soon!

Have a GREAT day!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dieppe
Residence Inn by Marriott Moncton
Chateau Moncton
Chateau Moncton
#4 of 30 in Moncton
Delta Hotels by Marriott Beausejour

Been to Coastal Inn Moncton/Dieppe? Share your experiences!