“A fantastic place to enjoy Kaziranga National Park”
Review of Wild Grass Lodge

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaziranga National Park
Wild Grass Lodge
Reviewed February 21, 2011

My trip to kaziranga was an unplanned one.

I was very lucky to come across Wildgrass on the internet, and called them to book a room.

The hotels was really nice and cozy.. Its built over a large area, with 3 buildings.. 2 for rooms, and 1 main lobby / dining hall. The wooden interiors really matched the forest / national park settign we were in..

The staff was polite, prompt and efficient.. So were the guide (Diganata) provided by the hotel who accompanied me on all trips to the park.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled solo

Reviewed February 3, 2011

first of all-BIG THANKS TO manju barua. i started wit net searchin n found wild grass. i wrote to manju barua for accomodation and the reply was quick and positive. my parents and relatives had a very wonderfull experience of the hospatility of the hotel. good food, good place to stay and best people. thanks for all. keep it up barua. Surely and highly recommended for a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2011

We started our trip through India in Kaziranga and looking back it was the absolute highlight of our journey. And wildgrass lodge did everything, that we felt very comfortable. We had a perfect guide and a nice driver from the lodge, who showed us all the animals in the nationalpark and accompanied us for a dolphin trip. They made our stay special.
The lodge itself has rooms in colonial style and they are nice and clean. Only the bathroom looked a little bit old. The main building, where breadfast, lunch and dinner is served is very nice and after our safaries we spent a lot of time sitting at the veranda, drinking tea and looking at the nice garden of the hotel.
Although the jtrip from Guwahati to the nationalpark takes time (5 hours drive) it is worth going there to enjoy the nature during the elephant safaries and "normal" safaries.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2011

When I started planning a trip to Kaziranga, Wild Grass Lodge was not my first choice for accommodation. However, upon writing to several lodges and hotels, I was very satisfied with the pace and level of response given by Wild Grass Lodge. They are extremely detailed in their breakdown of cost and itinerary, which certainly made the decision for us.

Getting to the lodge is not easy as there is the long journey from Guhawati airport. Luckily, we arranged for pick-up with the lodge and it definitely worth the price. The driver is very experienced and able to manage the long winding road through the mountain. With night coming in earlier in Dec, having a experienced driver is a definite plus. We also had the same driver when we left the place at the wee hours of the morning with heavy fog and it is certainly comforting to know that we had a good driver at hand to get us to the airport on time.

The lodge itself has a nice Colonial charm, with its wooden frame and the animal heads hanging in the main dining hall (thinking hunting lodge of the past). The rooms are simple but clean and well maintained. The floors and walls are rather thin and footsteps and voices can easily be heard in the room. This is not much of an issue with us as coming from the city, we were able to filter out these noises and once it is passed 10 or 11pm, the lodge is very quiet. To us, the only shortfall is the lack of consistent power, as the lodge has to switch between the main power and their generator. As a result, hot water is not always available. If you are like me who need her hot water, you must be the first person to bath or bath earlier in the afternoon in order to ensure that you have a constant supply of hot water. This is very important as we were surprised by the cold weather when we were there in Dec.

Food-wise there is no complaint. There is a good range and variety available for every meal. A nice pot of hot tea is also always available to round of the day nicely. Biscuits are also available to company the tea upon request. I certainly enjoyed my meals there as the lodge rotates different cuisines. I am not a big fan of Indian food hence it is nice to see simple dishes that are not overly spiced.

In terms of the safaris, they were all great as we had a wonderful guide who helped us to spot all the different animals that we wanted to see during the trip, ranging from elephants to rhinos and even the gibbons and tiger. All in all, we had a wonderful experience with our guide and recommendations by the lodge. The elephant ride in the morning is definitely worth it as it allows us to get very close to the rhinos and other animals.

For those who are intending to visit Kaziranga, please note that they use a different cell phone network from the rest of India and the only connection you will have is through the lodge. They were kind enough to allow us to use their internet (for free) to send some emails and to check our flights. These are the little things that certainly helped to make our trip memorable.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank julianatay
Reviewed January 4, 2011

i re-visited kaziranga ad wildgrass after almost 2 decades - my daughters had heard of wildgrass from me and wanted a dekko - it lived upto my expectations and my memories.

excellent ambience , caring staff , good food .

we plan to go back there soon again

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 5, 2010

The Wild Grass lodge in Kaziranga is one of the best options if one visits Kaziranga, one of the best wildlife parks in India and a UNESCO World Heritage site. The ambience is ablend of colonial and local. Rooms are clean and have hot water through the day. Food is tasty though a bit oily. Bihu dances in the evenings add a local cultural feel.
Books on wildlife are available to enrich your knowledge about the flora and fauna in the park.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 4, 2010

We were in Shillong for our honey moon and had spent 3 days there. Seen all, enjoyed but felt a bit bored after 3 days as we didn't had anythin to do...my hubby and I were looking for something different , may be a bit adventurous trip - I know it sounds a bit crazy!! So, we just decided to stay at Kaziranga, wasn't sure about the hotels there. Again, took the help of Internet and searched the best hotels and resorts in Kaziranga. Finally, we chose 1 - Wild Grass Lodge.

I was pretty much excited as I was about to visit a national park for the first time and that too on my honeymoon. And at the same time a bit scared as well, as wasn't sure how the place would turn out to be...

We reached Kaziranga well on time but by the time we reached Wild Grass, it was a bit late. Believe me, Wild Grass is so inside of Kaziranga that for a minute we thought we were lost. It was winters time and sun had already set, it was quite dark now, and we started feeling a bit scary. But we reached at the right place. Amazing Place!

When we checked in, we were pretty much satisfied. People were extremely polite and helpful. They organise tribal dances as well. Even few foreigners were staying in.Watching tribal dances and dancing with them, was a fantastic feeling. :) My hubby made a video also on that !

Rooms are clean, food is good (especially the soup and unique dessert they serve) and its located at an amazing place. So quite and one can relax. Wild Grass people arrange for jeep safaris and they only take you to National park. Nothing to worry once you are at Wild Grass lodge. They took us for Elephant Safari early morning at 5:30 am. Was an awesome experience!

Would definitely like to visit again :)

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple