“Excellent Experience”

United 21 Grassland Resorts
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed this Resort for the first time from 2nd Jan'14 to 3rd Jan'14. It's beside the NH Jorhat - Guwahati AT road., around 10-12 kms away from Kaziranga main gate, Kohra range. Nearby Bagori range is one and half km away, where from elephant safari takes place. I have read some good and bad reviews about this resort but my experience is exceptionally good, may be due to the timing. I reached there on 2nd Jan'14 after easing off the year end rush. But I didn't understood why the front desk people vehemently denied for any accommodation available on 2nd Jan'14 when I inquired it on 31st Dec over telephone. Before that I had already inquired the availability for 2nd Jan from their Mumbai head office. I had little doubt about the availability of the elephant safari booking and the head office personnel directed me to contact Resort directly to a given mobile no.. When I contacted resort over that number, the person simply told me that there is no accommodation on that day then I told him that their head office had confirmed me the vacancy, in reply he told me then pl book it through head office.Then I gone through cleartrip web page to get the best offer for United 21 Grassland Resort and instantly booked for 2nd Jan. My surprise never ended here. On the way nearer to the Resort when I telephoned him to get the exact location, he simply informed me that there were no booking intimation to them for me. Then I told him forcefully, nothing to worry I have the documents and you can not deny my booking. But after reaching there my whole uncertainty vanished. Just 2 mins before of my reach to resort that person received the paper from their head office.

About resort, it has a excellent landscape, neat and clean lawn, swimming pool, Multi -Gym, children's park, beautiful spacious room with all modern amenities and over and above beautiful neat and clean bathroom with handful toiletries.

My big doubt was on elephant safari's booking which they arranged it at ease with paying a little bit extra. Food quality was also quite ok.

Only cons -- Room service is not so prompt unlike other standard hotel or resorts. Management needs to look into it and make it at per with it's contemporary.

I am thankful to Cleartrip web page who reduced my expenses around Rs 800 by offering me discount.

Over all experience is very good and definitely I want to visit again.

Room Tip: I stayed in Alba, Executive Deluxe
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Cleartrip
1  Thank Biswajit_Kolkata

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We had to opt for this place as other places were going full..the location is on the main road close to the bagori range...we stayed in the cottage accommodation, rooms were of decent size...but lacked in terms of aesthetics and decor...service was slow...no proper toiletries in the bathroom..for 8000 rs you expect something decent...there was a jacuzzi which was not in a working condition...Buffet breakfast was served late..they need to improve on a lot of things, otherwise its a decent place

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Hifazath
Kazirangaresort, General Manager at United 21 Grassland Resorts, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2014

Dear Customer,

Thank you for taking the time and letting us know about your experience at our United-21 Grassland Kaziranga. We would like to acknowledge receipt of your feedback and thank you for bringing these points to our notice.

On behalf of United-21 Grassland Kaziranga, kindly accept our sincere apologies for not being able to provide you the high standard of hospitality which is the general norm of our hotel. We genuinely regret the inconvenience caused to you during your stay.

We value your business, and would like to address your concerns as quickly as possible. (Unfriendly service, no proper bathroom amenities), may we assure you that we are investigating and will rectify the same.

I am sure you would pardon the mistake on our part this time and would continue your business association with us.

We reassure you of our co-operation and look forward to a more positive association with you in the future as well.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

This was our first trip to Kaziranga and we were following the road signs in anticipation of the remaining distance. So, we were surprised to turn off the road and into the resort some time before we expected.(About 15 kms). Initially, our first big disappointment was that it was too far from the main action area. The property looks very nice and the rooms we were allotted were quite good and spacious. Even the washroom was quite modern with shower panels and shiny fittings. But all this came at an exorbitant price. The hotel staff could not accommodate us on any elephant rides, which was a disappointment and the jeep safari was way too much expensive, which we took in any case. We were told to avail of the buffet breakfast and dinner(very expensive considering the spread) and they refused to budge from the set menu for any orders. They refused room service citing staff shortage and we could not even get drinking water even after 3 attempts. The resort is extremely understaffed even in the peak season. Mr Pramod Deka was the only helpful person.

Room Tip: Rooms close to the main building get a little better service.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Suvodeep R
Reviewed December 29, 2013

have stayed here many a times but still the place seems to always give a feeling of poor service. location is very nice, so is the concept but somehow the place loses all the happiness it creates due to the service part. if u get a feeling that u r not welcome or of being on the NOT SO IMPORTANT LIST.. please bear with as this place always seems to give me ds feeling whenever i go.. love the activities and the pool.. but still.. the hospitality factor is absolutely missing!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

The resort has all the basics in place . Clean rooms and upholstery, huge room sizes, good clean washroom. In such a remote place expect some shortcomings, because you can't expect urban infrastructure in kaziranga. There were some concerns regarding the restaurant and availability of items listed on the menu, but since we were in jungle life, these were pretty minor issues. Hats off to mr Kanak for taking real and honest effort to arrange for the jeep safaris and elephant ride.
Location is convenient and scenic.

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Sayantan G
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you want to have a close view of rhinos in grasslands staying in this property may be a good idea provided of course you have matching financial resources to support your fancies. It is a nicely laid out property with accommodation in separate cottages. The rooms are stylish and comfortable. However, you may have to invoke monkey-like agility to get in or out of the bath. For food roadside eating joints are recommended for better taste and price.

Room Tip: Cottages near the gate
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Abhijit L
Reviewed April 9, 2013

we stayed here as a group with family in april 2013. It is reasonably good place (or resort as they would like to call it), considering the fact that Kaziranga is in a far corner of the country with not a single five or three star rated property in this particular region. The best advantage of this resort is that it is very near to the main entrance of the Kaziranga National Park (KNP) so you spend less than 10 minutes on the road for the game drives/ elephant rides.
The service is on expected lines. We stayed in the best cottage of the resort which had a spacious bathroom with jacuzzi, a well maintained lawn and garden and a small kitchen and a hall and front ground level veranda (sit out). Housekeeping was standard, room service was reasonably good. The cost of the cottage was approx $240.
The fittings in the bathroom need some maintenance/replacement and two bathrobes would have been better than just one. Toiletries, towels and bathroom requirements are available but no bathroom slippers. Rooms were clean and so were the sheets and pillows.
TataSky is available in the TV which is fitted in the bedroom. No TV in the hall (but that hardly matters as it is national park resort).
The food was good, particularly the Indian food. Try the naan and mutton rogenjosh. starters in the form of spicy chicken, spicy button mushrooms and the fish fingers were also good.
the staff were cordial and got your requests done. We tipped well, because the resort was on full occupancy and they had told us that the resort was understaffed. We were warned that due to full occupancy and shortage of staff room service would not be available but tipping ensured five star attention and room service. Full occupancy also ensured absence of a la cart menu for dinner and only buffet dinner was available for all the guests. the buffet had two non-veg, one veg, rice, nan (indian bread) and one sweet (average gulab jamuns). Likewise breakfast was only buffet and room service was not available. The kitchen could not keep up with the flow of customers as we all had to wait quite long for toast, puri (indian bread) and even boiled eggs. The kids did not like the breakfast because it was very basic. no sausages, bacon, choice of eggs, or even south indian items.
cost of food and beverages is reasonable. the bar is basic, stay away from it, drink in the lawn space outside your rooms/cottages.
The most helpful person was Pramod. He took care of all our needs in a very personalised manner and he was actually the all in one concierge and room service and even solved our out of resort needs. This is our second stay at this place and we have recommended this place to many of our friends and the overall feedback is that Pramod makes this place tick. We perhaps would not go back if he is not employed here.
There are other places which are more luxurious than this place in KNP but its close proximity to the park's entrance and personalised care by Promod is an advantage. Overall food is good. Service can improve but it is reasonably good. swimming pool is standard and good, gym is below par. kitchen in our cottage did not have amenities except an empty fridge and a hot water kettle, no cleaning requirements, no wastebasket in the kitchen, no utensils, bare and naked kitchen.

Room Tip: stay in the cottages.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family