“Treat exceeded expectation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kaziranga National Park
Nature Hunt Eco Camp, Kaziranga National Park
Reviewed March 26, 2013

We visited Assam a week ago and are still with the feeling having the enchantment of the vacation and whomever, I have shared my photographs with are absolutely stunned. I started the vacation with a lot trepidation as our trip was planned by Ronnie, owner of Nature-Hunt Eco Camp whom I knew only through internet! My friends from UK and my parents (85 years Old) were joining us and till I landed and saw the car was not even sure if the contract will be honored. My wife also was worried after seeing all news about problems in Assam. The program was arranged so well, we saw all animals including gibbon but alas no tiger gibbon, so many birds( so many hornbills, jungle Fowls, owls,varieties of kingfishers and eagles etc) , trekked with elephant trumpeting nearby, great elephant rides, Bihu dance and satras and classical dance, Kamakya temple etc etc. A vacation of nature and culture. Food taste and variety at Nature-Hunt Eco camp was out of this world. We demanded bamboo rice and though it was not the season, they searched in the forest and got the bamboo.Do not miss asking for Komal rice. Each one working in the Eco camp vied to please us. Das, the manager, is bird and animal expert and his knowledge on them and where to find them was phenomenal. He tried to show us tiger too by taking us to the right place but we missed by a few minutes! He was feeling miserable. I wanted to a live snake and he showed me a poisonous one and he and our driver Tameez handled by hand and so I could see it 1 metre away ( I wanted to keep my distance). When you go there, ask Ronnie to give you Tameez as the driver, that guy drives safe, knows every thing and treats you with so much respect. Ronnie does a wonderful job of putting together a plan for each ones age and taste I have recommeded that all my friends contact him. Before I forget, this is a Eco-Camp, mids of of Tea estate but is they have done every thing to ensure your safety and comfort. We will go back again as this was one of the best trips we had in India.

Room Tip: All are good
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank GitaAshok
Shankuraj, Owner at Nature Hunt Eco Camp, Kaziranga National Park, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2013

Dear Madam,
Thanks a lot for your visit to NE India and valuable comment. This will be helping us to give a better step in this industry.
Hope to see you soon.

Regards
Raj
99575 77417

There are newer reviews for Nature Hunt Eco Camp, Kaziranga National Park

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Lovely peaceful place to rest your safari-weary legs. Aovik and Ronnie are great hosts and can help with all your tourism needs in Kaziranga, Assam and beyond.

There are flashier places and there are cheaper places, but Nature-Hunt hits all the right notes and was exactly what we were looking for.

Would happily return

Room Tip: don't be put off by the 'tents', they are far better than you're probably expecting...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Smileatstrangers
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I knew nothing about this place until i saw the beautiful huts n tents....i was so amazed by the beauty...i just kept on clicking......The huts n tents already overjoyed me.....to my surprise came the food.....dont ve words to express the taste....more than finger licking....very hospitable staff....it's a full package......they ve all the facilities.....elephant ride....jeep safari...boat ride...etc...etc...Definitely, i ll go to this place again....A must go place if anyone visit the northeast of India......

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank imwhatim
JengS976, Owner at Nature Hunt Eco Camp, Kaziranga National Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 9, 2013

We were glad to host you and your friends and Hope you will come gain to our wonderful place. Thanks. Ronnie.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

If you are looking for a place away from the hustle bustle of city, this is a place. It is situated amidst farms and is around 200 meters away from main highway.
The place is not crowded, there are few cottages and tents and the sitting area outside the cottages is great place to relax.
There is a small tea plantation in the camp. Which itself lend a nice touch to the atmosphere. The cottages are basic and food is simple fixed menu basic and was Ok. Do try their vegetable made from Banana flower.
The best thing about Nature hunt is the people who run it. They are extremely polite and genuinely caring. My two year old daughter had a gala time playing with them.

Overall It is a highly recommended place to stay at Kaziranga.

Room Tip: Dont forget the local village trek, it also takes you to local tea garden ..
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank malang_yatri
Reviewed March 4, 2013

While planning my trip to Kaziranga and Arunachal I came across this location at tripadvisor. I called and did our reservations on the phone and these people were extremely helpful and gave tips to plan our travel. The resort is very clean and well kept. They also organise trips for groups and individuals in Assam and Arunachal.
Our stay was extremely comfortable, with very nice food and organised, well groomed, and very helpful staff. They took care for the Elephant Safari, to and fro cab to Kaziranga. The cab came on time and we had a great time at Kaziranga.
I will recommend this place to all.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank yateenp
Reviewed February 8, 2013

The huts are amazing, so are the tents, the staff are very helpfull and friendly. A very quiet and calm place, warmimg up by a fire every night with good food and tea. They took us to the jeep safari in kaziranga park and also a boat safari on the brahmaputra river, kazziranga is a beatiful place. Our stay was just lovely. Highly recommended. :)

• Stayed: December 2012
5  Thank coralhartman
Reviewed February 5, 2013

It was full of tension from parent's point of view before we stepped into this wonderful place with two of my kids aged one year and 3 years. Without the advantages of our daily life comfort, it was also a test for us to take care of the boredom of our children and ourselves. Nature Hunt Eco Camp proved us that human being can lead an excellent life with only the basic amenities and some wonderful people around. You won't get a heater there, but a Bonfire awaits you, you won't get a geyser there, but running Hot water awaits you with smiling faces, you won't get a TV there, but stories and camp life awaits you with the staffs and ohh...the man of the camp...Aovick, the Manager of Nature Hunt Eco Camp.
If you can make him friend, you can gain a lot from his experience about the jungle and some lovely moments in jungle as well can be a gift from him.
The food of the camp is good and it becomes better when served hot with smile and care.

We also got the special opportunity of spending an evening with one of the owners Ronnie, and it was all splendid time.

Thanks Nature Hunt Eco Camp for making our holiday so special.

Room Tip: Book the cottage if you are travelling with family or children.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family