“A regular to Kaziranga and Naturehunt......simply a delight”

Nature Hunt Eco Camp, Kaziranga National Park
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I have been visiting Kaziranga every for last 4 years for photography. I have stayed in Naturehunt last couple of times and I just know there can not be a better place than this. A small tea plantation inside the property gives it a different kinda feel. I choose this place over others cause of many reasons.

They have limited accommodations and this makes the place less crowded. I have become quite friendly with the owners and the staff. Despite having a large area they do not intend to build more cottages as they do not want to compromise with the service and the sanctity of the place. As they cater to limited people the the service is way better than any 5 star. Because of the durations of my stay which is not less than 10days to a fortnight I prefer a homely environment and the staff just provides me that. As a tea lover I guess I order some 10 cups a day and the staff just know when I am in mood for it. Food is just awesome and I never had to ask them to modify it as per my taste bud.
As I looked around and inquired the costs in other places Naturehunt is way cheaper. The always arranged everything for starting from safaris to river cruises and I got them dot on time. I am a bit demanding and these guys just did everything for me with a smile and you just know it's from their heart. I am sure Naturehunt will remain the same and I will be there again to enjoy that bliss.

Room Tip: They have three cottages, 3 big tents and a dorm. You can choose as per your budget. Though persona...
7  Thank Sam_Bangal0re

Reviewed January 14, 2013

I visited Kaziranga with my wife and 3 other couples in 28th and 29th December 2012 and stayed in Nature Hunt Eco Camp. Though it's a bit difficult to find but once you are there you'll forget everything about the concrete jungles u come from. The place is small but very well maintained and above all the staff is amazing. Arranged with Ronnie and managed by Auvik, the staff went out of their way to make our stay comfortable. They arranged for all our safaries(we took 1 elephant safary and 2 jeep safaries) with great flexibility. The bonfire the food was amazing and coupled with a full moon our stay was pure bliss.

I'll recommend this camp to everyone who are not looking for the absolute comfort of concrete walls within the jungle but want to feel the atmosphere with the minimal but required moder facilities.

Room Tip: Take the bunglows if you are more than 2. We stayed at Francolin
1  Thank Getme_anindya
Shankuraj, Owner at Nature Hunt Eco Camp, Kaziranga National Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Very Much Thank You for the review.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

If you are planning to visit Kaziranga National Park, the best place to stay there is in Nature Hunt Eco Camp. It is one of the finest resorts in Kaziranga. The resort is surrounded by tea plantation, equipped with great accommodation facilities with amazing ethnic assamese food among other dishes, nice and cozy traditional cottages & tents. One more good thing about it is its Staff. You would love the hospitality. Please try once, I am sure we all will visit again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Pohardutta
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We were there for two night stay, which was totally relaxing and peaceful.Out there in the wilderness escaping from the concrete jungle was totally fulfilling experience for me.As this was my first visit to a national park, I have thoroughly enjoyed my trip and especially staying at Nature Hunt Eco Camp was an excellent experience.The whole atmosphere is so serene where you can relax completely, accompanied by the super service from all the staffs in this place.The cute little cottages on stilts were cosy and warm.And the names of each of the cottages also caught my fancy :) Can't miss out the tents out there which were very nice and warm too.The whole staff is very friendly and helpful and have to specially mention about Aovick,the manager of this place.He is so well versed with nature that it really helped us to know many things about the surroundings and especially about "the famous wildlife sanctuary". The food is unbeatable. We tasted some of the ethnic cuisines from Assam which was absolutely tantalizing to the taste buds :) I would rate this place 5 for its spectacular food and service.I really enjoyed my early morning rise for the elephant safari and the enchanting jeep safari. I would rate this place 5 for its spectacular food and great service. I would really like to revisit this place not once but more than that in future.For all those nature lover and enthusiast go for this place, is totally worth it!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Krrisna

Reviewed December 31, 2012

If you are wondering what the title means, then, you should meet this outstanding host with a weird spelling for his Bengali name. Till date, this has been my most awesome stay at a National Park ever. Aovick (the manager) (+91 9854685716) makes the place a fun and energy-packed place.
But, I would not have rated this place 5, if he was the only one that made our experience wonderful. The cook at that place is awesome and conjures up wonderful dishes made with vegetables grown locally(We had a never-heard-of 'saag' made of 'arbi' ka leaves, which was yummmm). The food is gorgeously homely. The cottages are very warm and nice, which is a necessity in winter. The staff is helpful and friendly too.

The star of the place is obviously Aovick :)
Aovick accompanied us on our Safari and and and and and.... we spotted a Tiger(Yayyy!), thanks to Aovick coz he identified the 'alarm call'. This was my fist tiger sighting after having visited multiple National Parks in South India. So, my thrill would be difficult to describe in words here. Aovick is very helpful in arranging Safaris and his knowledge and connections really helps.

Even if I try hard, I cannot point errors with their hospitality. Double thumbs up from me for this place! Definitely worth it!

Room Tip: All rooms/tents are good acc to me.
2  Thank Nehathegr81
JengS976, Owner at Nature Hunt Eco Camp, Kaziranga National Park, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thanks for your wonderful review......Hope you will visit again to this unexplored heaven. Thanks, Ronnie.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We had a wonderful one night stay at the Nature Hunt Eco Camp. Living in the tent accommodation amidst betelnut trees and coconut palms, is a great experience never to be missed. The bamboo huts and tents were cosy and comfortable. The surroundings were clean, bedsheets and towels were clean. Food was quite an experience-delicious assamese cuisine cooked in bamboo were served in plentyful. Imagine sipping a refreshing cup of tea in the midst of a tea garden on a leisurely morning and your holiday is made.

The owners Ronnie and Raj have taken good care to make the place memorable for the holiday maker. Aovick the Manager is a great hit with kids and can regale them with funny experiences.
On the whole, Nature Hunt Eco camp is the perfect place to rewind and relax, holiday, rediscover nature and above all yourself.

Fantastic place for re visits

GGo FFor IIt

Room Tip: The Corner huts facing the tea gardens have great views
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank TravelbugNagpur

Reviewed December 15, 2012

We have just returned from a two night stay here, which was heavenly. Aovik (the manager) (+91 9854685716) was a truly brilliant host, arranging our jeep safari in Kaziranga and onward bus tickets - ask if he'll come along on the safari with you as he's super knowledgable about birds and mammals in the park. Our bamboo huts were perfect, with a little balcony area, locally produced furniture, hot water by the bucket whenever you need, plenty of blankets, sheets, towels etc. The food was yummy as well but if you like a bit more spice definitely ask for that before they prepare otherwise they'll err on the side of caution! We also met the owner Ronnie whilst we were in Jorhat - again super helpful, and runs a tour company for the North East - he is a very keen traveller himself and will be able to point you in the right direction for this lovely corner of India.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple