“Nice and clean hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Borail View Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Silchar
Borail View Hotel
New Delhi, India
“Nice and clean hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

when you are planning to travel to tier 3 city, that in north east of india, then you pray for small and clean hotel and Borail is like that. It has nice clean rooms, efficient service, ok breakfast and restaurant.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank bamba1959

Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
New Delhi, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 14, 2013

It is not that I was expecting something great. I have traveled to small hole in the wall towns and seen really bad stuff so I do not keep my standards too high in small towns. However, there is little doubt that this was bad. I had actually been warned about the place by friends but as my office had not booked anything in advance and I could not get through to any other place I had accepted this booking. When we reached and saw the rooms we asked for better rooms and they said we could take it or leave it, but they would not give us anything else.

The rooms were big, but dank. Not very conducive for a few days of staying - moss growing around. Add to that the bathroom - it was terrible. I thought I would be electrocuted. There were naked wires hanging around and others crossing the bathroom, which itself was a bit dark and dank too.

The restaurant had ok food. However, due to all this and my discovering a few other hotels where I could go instead we (my team and I) decided to move. Of course this lead to quite a lot of argument with the hotel staff who insisted that since we were there we had to pay for the 2 days - it was not that they were overbooked. Also, now they started to offer us other rooms. After a bit of a settlement on a one day's rent (we were there perhaps 3 hours) we left.

I do not recommend this hotel to anybody.

Room Tip: In case you do not have a choice and have to stay there, check the room before taking it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank moho_c
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

As this is Silchar and not a large metropolis in India, I wouldn't expect more from it. The rooms were cleaned regularly and we were provided with clean towels and sheets every day. We had a very large double room with a balcony and a dining table, big enough for three to share. The staff were very accommodating and helpful and they have a wonderful cook who can bake and roast. Most of the food that we ordered from the room service menu was well cooked and good quantities were provided. The hotel lobby has a lot of space that is unused and they could have done more with it. I think the large expanse of empty space with the reception in a corner makes it look a little unwelcoming. The rooms facing the space in the back, which is rented out for weddings and other large functions, should probably be soundproofed as it gets a bit difficult to sleep in the night. However as this is Silchar, Borail View's back yard is possibly one of the better wedding venues, so there isn't much that can be done about it. The location is good as it is not right in the middle of the market area and a short walk to the park. I would definitely recommend Borail View to visitors to Silchar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Driftingtraveller
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The hotel lobby is depressing and old. The elevator didn't work so the poor porter had to lug our heavy suitcases up the stairs. We stayed on the 2nd floor facing the street. The room had dark yellow paint that was peeling and florescent white lighting which made it very bleak. There was a wedding taking place in the back of the hotel and the firecrackers sounded like bomb blasts. Bring earplugs if you're sensitive to noise. My room did have some redeeming qualities. It was relatively clean. The sheets had some stains on it but it was laundered, smelled nice and I did not find any stray hairs on it. The TV worked great and had lots of channels. The ceiling fan and AC were both functional. Hot water in the bathroom worked. The hotel does not provide any bottled water in the room, just a stainless thermos with water in it. We departed early next morning so I can't comment on the breakfast.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank zzzzzzgirl
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Hotel is clean. Rooms are clean and comfortable, big bed, cable TV, air conditioning. Toilet has a commode, hot water and toilet paper. Room service and complimentary breakfast. Can't ask for more in Silchar! Definitely recommend this one over others if you're passing through

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank alokhk
Agartala, India
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

Hi.... I visit this hotel regularly for my office work in silchar.
The hotel is big and catagorised as a 3 star property. The hotel rooms are decent but not properly maintained. The rates are on the ok side for a single room they charge around rs 1500 and for double its around rs 1800.

Lookwise this hotel is the biggest among all in silchar and the staffs of the hotel are really good.

I would recommend this hotel for a short stay to all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank johnbin2003
Hyderabad, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

First was very surprised how other people are giving review of 3+ for this very old and worst hotel.Really reviews have mis guided me.Very Old property with Dirty maintenance. Yellow turned White Towel with old broken bathtub. Only little positive thing is staff was friendly. Nothing much to say on this hotel

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank vny143

Been to Borail View Hotel? Share your experiences!