TripAdvisor
Inbox
Search
Open today: 8:30 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
Thank you for giving us perfect day!

We were today with our four year old twins horseback riding on this tour,and it was great. The... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Joiku123
Lovely place

Gregory picked me up from my hotel and give me the best option that fits my experience with the... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Simone K
The Netherlands

All reviews meatballs horse riding experienced riders wine and raki home made picked up from our hotel watermelon barack obama fantastic evening moonlight tour beautiful horses home grown evening ride quick lesson tzatziki lovely meal lots of fun
Selected filters
Reviewed September 16, 2019

Picked up from just outside the hotel, whisked off to the stables in Finikia and introduced to our very well behaved steeds.
Up the mountain for a much needed juice and watermelon break (shared with our beautiful horses obvs!) and then back down for a delicious home cooked meal. A superb afternoon and evening spent with great company and a brilliant host. Gregory, we will remember you for a long time, thank you once again for a great day.

Reviewed September 15, 2019

Like most girls I have always dreamed about riding a horse on a beautiful beach - preferably at sundawn or sunset. With Finikia Horseriding this dream finally came true. I‘ve booked the Beach Tour via phone - it was super easy and friendly. I was offered a tour on the next morning- including transfer from my hotel.

To be honest, my days of riding a horse go a little way back (I‘ve been riding as a teen, but always wanted to start again)... although the tour being for experienced riders, I really wanted to try it out.

Everyone of the Crew was super friendly and helpful - especially Irene and our Tour Guide (whose name sadly slipped my mind). We were at the beach even before the sun came up - to enjoy it rising while galopping on the horses next to the beautiful Ocean.

The Guide was extraordinarily considerate, making sure everyone (including the horses) was having a great time!

And to make this experience even more unique we only were 4 people (including me) - and only very few people on the beach.

For me this was a once in a lifetime experience- one I wouldn‘t want to miss, worth every cent.

Thank you so much!

All the best to you all,
Inga

Date of experience: September 2019
gregory59_karagiorga, Ιδιοκτήτης at Finikia Horseriding, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2019

Dear Inga, thank you very much for your review on TripAdvisor about our stable. I am very happy that you have enjoyed the horseriding on the beach with us. Thank you again. I wish you the best.

Reviewed September 12, 2019

We had a super day with Gregory, his crazy named horses and of course his lovely dogs, Hot Dog and Barbecue. Gregory treated us sooo well from the first minute! He's a little bit crazy (but in the good way of course!), an authentic person, we had really a good time in his company! And after the ride with the horses we had a delicious lunch, miam miam!

Thank you again Gregory! :)

Alma

Date of experience: September 2019
gregory59_karagiorga, Ιδιοκτήτης at Finikia Horseriding, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2019

Dear Alma, thank you very much for your time to put a review on TripAdvisor about our stable. We are happy that you have enjoyed the tour with us. We hope to see you again. Thank you.

Reviewed August 31, 2019

I had a lovely time , riding along the beach with very well behaved horses and friendly staff. Finnished off with some swimming with the horses and a coffee ☕️ perfect morning

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank kimbosmith

Dear Kim, thank you very much for the review that you got in TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again. Thank you very much.

Reviewed August 31, 2019 via mobile

My girlfriend and I took two tours, the « day tour » and the « Riding on the beach ». It was a nice experience. I enjoyed it in different aspects. The staffs are friendly, humorous and helpful. The horses are beautiful and calm in general. The « day tour » follows the roads in countryside. The view were beautiful. The lunch with traditional crete cuisines were very delicious. The « riding on the beach » took place along the beach near Heraklion in early morning. It’s amazing and romantic to ride horses near the sea with the sun just arises. Swimming with the horse is an unforgettable experience! However, the tour is a bit less exciting to my girlfriend since she already knows how to ride horse well. Probably, it’s adapted to me as a beginner, so we did mostly slow riding, which is a bit lengthy and became boring in the end, and small amount of trotting, which is not enough for her. At the beginning of the tour, it’s also not clearly explained about where and how much we do for the slow riding and whether do we have to chance to do faster riding. It’s more like just following the guide.
So, I assume the tours are good for total beginners like me to experience the horse riding and the beautiful scenery. For advanced riders, I guess you might have to communicate before to make sure how much freedom for faster riding can be done.

Date of experience: August 2019
1  Thank 7kungy

Dear guest hi. We are happy that you have enjoyed the tour with us. Thank you for the review that you got in TripAdvisor. We hope to see you again.