True Blue Bay Boutique Resort
$438
$424
Lance Aux Epines Cottages(Lance aux Epines)(Great Value!)
$251
$1,494
$412
$495
$302
Grenadian by Rex Resorts(Magazine Beach)(Great Value!)
$165
$136
$168
$129
Travelocity
Siesta Hotel(Grand Anse)(Great Value!)
$73
$66
$112
$81
Mount Hartman Bay Estate(Lance aux Epines)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdodgy dockfree shuttlecooking classtower roomstreet foodrum tastinggrand anse beachinfinity poolsmall kitchenettedive shopyogurtdive triphoneymoon suitespiral staircaseday passeach morninglocal food
Reviewed January 16, 2014

Spent our first night here before sailing out with Horizon Yacht Charters next door. The grounds and buildings are beautiful, artfully appointed, amazingly clean (not a piece of litter anywhere), and extremely comfortable. King size bed, fully appointed kitchenette, and fresh flower petals strewn thru our luxurious bathroom! Two beautiful pools, a waterfront bar and restaurant with reasonable prices and good selection, small shop and extremely helpful and friendly employees. The owner threw an employee awards ceremony for all employees yesterday and the group was exuberant. They are the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever encountered in the Islands. Our group was very pleased and decided we could live here! Grenada is beautiful and this resort gets 5 stars from me!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Scoochtravels
Reviewed January 13, 2014

After driving around St. George and visiting Fort St. George, I believe True Blue Bay Resort was probably one of the nicest places to stay in Grenada. The room was very clean and comfortable. I loved the roomy, glass shower, with its huge "waterfall" showerhead. I thought the staff was friendly and looked professional, especially all the ladies with their beautiful, brightly-colored tailored dresses. Breakfast was a great experience - sitting out on the dock, watching the boats, eating good breakfast food, with made-to-order omelets. The coffee was excellent!

I had several disappointments, however. Being on an island, I regretted not having access to a beach from the resort. Also, the food at the Dodgey Dock Restaurant, where we ate every night, was mediocre. I wish I could say I had a great meal, but I didn't (except for breakfast.) This was my first trip to the Caribbean and after driving around the island, it was not at all what I expected it to be. I found most buildings and dwellings to be in disrepair, needing paint, or caving in. The roads were all in terrible shape with big ruts and potholes. One would expect the capital of Grenada, St. George, to "look its best," but that was certainly not the case.

I have traveled mostly in North America and most of Europe and I believe this was my first and last trip to Grenada.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ZeeAviatrix
TrueBlueBayResort, Manager at True Blue Bay Boutique Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

We appreciate your feedback and the time that you took to post a review on Trip Advisor as it is these comments that enable us to improve our services. We are glad you enjoyed your room, our friendly staff, and included breakfast buffet. We are constantly reviewing our Dodgy Dock menu and food quality and are sorry that you did not enjoy your other meals in the restaurant. Thanks to your comments, we have made some changes and I think you will see from subsequent reviews that the food in the Dodgy Dock has significantly improved. We know that not being directly on a beach is a drawback which it why we have a manmade beach around one of our pools and also offer a daily complimentary shuttle to Grand Anse beach. We hope you had an opportunity to take advantage of the shuttle while you were here. Thank you for your comments and if you ever come back to Grenada you will find a better True Blue Bay Resort and Dodgy Dock restaurant as a result.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Having visited Grenada a number of times staying at the wonderful La Source, since its closure we had to find alternative accommodation and after reviewing Grenada's other hotels decided on a 2 centre stay, first week on Grand Anse beach and the second at True Blue Bay as it was a smaller family concern and different location whilst still close to the airport and had onsite diving. We booked a Tower Suite at True Blue, but didn't venture up to the Tower more than a couple of times as the spiral staircase was difficult to negotiate with your hands full and the veranda had plenty of seating and good views. The Tower Room was clean and very spacious and kitchen very well equipped, although as we were all inclusive, we only really made use of the fridge and kettle. The bathroom was also very large, although we had difficulty figuring out how to use the space age shower. Also the toiletries were fixed outside the shower cubicle making it difficult to access them whilst showering.

The bar staff make excellent rum punch, so good we didn't get to try any other cocktails. Food in Dodgy Dock was very good and the setting is great overlooking the visiting yachts. Only issue we had is that on inclusive you have to pay full price for steak or lobster, which we objected to, most all inclusive hotels charge a supplement for these items, which is acceptable. We found Christmas Day/Boxing Day buffets probably the most disappointing during our stay. Breakfast definitely needs a lot more fruit, very often empty and when refilled little choice - Caribbean has so much wonderful fresh tropical fruit and we like to see plenty of it on the breakfast buffet.

Both pool areas were quiet during our stay, but we much preferred the "beach" pool overlooking the boats. We did miss the real beach and used the shuttle to Grand Anse a couple of times, but felt the timings of 11.00/3.30 didn't really make best use of a whole day, would have preferred 9.00/12.30 or 1.30/5.00 to allow us to do other things for half day, but that's purely personal preference.

Cooking class on Thursdays is very amusing entertainment. Also Chocolate class was very interesting and informative. My husband enjoyed the yoga, which was very well attended and we both had a relaxing massage on our last day. My husband dived with Aquanauts a couple of times and found them very professional.

All the staff were very friendly and helpful, although on a couple of occasions there seemed to be some mis-communication or lack of knowledge. When asked where to change beach towels we were advised they were changed at evening turndown service, but although we left used towels outside door every night they were still there next morning.

All in all a good stay and we would visit again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BandJW
Reviewed January 3, 2014

The property is lovely, but the real asset of this great hotel is the staff! I have never experienced such great hospitality--from check-in, to booking trips, to the receptionist bringing us rum drinks poolside (when we checked in a bit stressed out from traveling and felt the need to head straight to the pool). I just wish we had stayed a few more days here instead of just the overnights at the beginning and end of our sailboat charter. The Saturday night BBQ and live music at the Dodgy Dock was wonderful and made for a really memorable night. Very convenient to the airport. They even have a "micro"-microbrewery on the property where we enjoyed free beer tastings. I can't wait to come back to True Blue! I would recommend this place to any of my friends.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sandy B
Reviewed December 30, 2013

Nice room and very friendly staff. We stayed here before and after a sail charter. Nice and quiet. We will stay here again! The location is close to the airport and our charter company was at the base of the hill. If only the charter had gone as well as the hotel stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo