“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Kouklia
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Gabriel's Tavern was open in November 2010, is located in the Kouklia Village Square. We serve traditional food at reasonable prices in a welcoming atmosphere.From June till 15th of September the Village Square is closed to traffic after 5pm so you can enjoy your meal with no cars around. You need to park in the parking space before the Square.You can drive to the Village 15min from Paphos or if you don’t have a car you can use bus 631 from the bus station in Kato Paphos. You can ask the driver to stop at Kouklia, from the bus stop is only 5 min walk if problem give us a call and will help you.
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We live in Secret Valley just 3km from Kouklia and like to try traditional food in local villages. We were not disappointed eating here. From the minute we sat down until the time we left we were treated as though we were only diners. The service is second to none. Food first class and at end of meal we were given lovely fruit and cake as complimentary. Could not have asked for better. The owner was even helping my husband pronounce the local language. We will most definitely be going back every week. Can't fault it.

1  Thank Karenrr

Reviewed July 16, 2012

Since my first visit 10 years ago, Kouklia has seen a steady increase in tourism and tavernas. One of the most recent is Gabriels, the old kafeneio, and a welcome addition it is. Gabriel and the staff are wonderfully friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The food is wonderful, and cheaper than some of the others. I took a Greek friend who declared the moussaka 'the best she'd tasted since her grandmothers'. Personally, I liked the fact that the locals still choose to eat here. On Thursday evenings the square is very busy and there is quite loud music and displays of Cypriot dancing (with the accent on audience participation), great if this is your kind of thing. If not, a different day of the week may be more enjoyable.

1  Thank lgraham015
Reviewed July 15, 2012

Food is all locally sourced & freshly made, staff very friendly & helpful,even when asked if I could try the Stifado before deciding whether to order it (due to a nasty experience elsewhere) quality & authenticity absolutely amazing. The owners - Gabriel & Sofia are really nice genuine people who made us feel very welcome every time. Sarah & Nik Burrell.

2  Thank Sarah P
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Gabriels is fabulous food and a warm welcome from Gabriel,Sophia and all the staff.The food is lovely and nothing is too much trouble.I booked this restaurant via e-mail before our holiday in June,so that I knew we had somewhere to eat when we arrived late from the airport.Gabriel had stayed open for us when our flight was delayed.It was a lovely start to a fabulous holiday and we ate there several times during our week,each time we could not fault it.Looking forward to next year.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

The staff at this venue did not seem to be interested the bar staff had a customer outlook of you would have to wait as there was no where else to go!

2  Thank spiderinalva
Management response:Responded July 9, 2012

Hello there and thank you for taking the time to comment on my tavern. Gabriels tavern has been operating for one year now as a tavern and during this year we have had the opportunity to meet a lot of people and create long and beautiful relationships with our customers. I can accept that our menu choices can be a little limited and that is because we only serve traditional and fresh food, we don t keep food in freezers and we cook everything upon the order, but service is always a priority to us. Out of the 20 reviews we have more that 15 refer to the friendly staff and atmosphere that we provide. If you visited us on a very busy night or if my staff did n react immediately to your appearance I do apologize on their behalf as I m responsible for them and I would like to invite you for a free meal on your next visit to Cyprus in order to try and pass the real concept of our business to you and make up for any bad feelings that you might have against us.

Kind regards