Aphrodite Hills Golf & Spa Resort Residences
$239
$206
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsvillage squarejunior villacommunal poolsoccer schooltennis academyhelios heightscosta coffeekebab housekids clubcar is essentialbed apartmenthire caronsite shopvilla holidaysecret valleywell stocked supermarketflight path
Reviewed April 30, 2011

We stayed in a Villa on the Aphrodite Hills complex - the whole place has a very up-market feel, is welll maintained and attractive. We used the hotle facilities on a daily basis and could not fault them. We were particularly impressed by the Kids Club at the hotel; our daughter loved spending time there, and we congratulate Despina and her team for running a really well thought out programme for children of all ages. While we were at the staying, the Kids Club moved into a superb new, purpose built area, complete wilth lots of new slides, swings, climbing frames etc and its own childrens pool, art rooms.... really very good and very reasonably priced.

Our only complaint about the hotel was the rather overbearing presence of about 200 'Club Turquoise' members who seemed to take over the place and in many cases were quite rude to other users of the hotel, they really seemed to have the attitude that they owned the place.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
Christos H, Guest Relations at Aphrodite Hills Golf & Spa Resort Residences, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2011

Dear Reviewer,

The Holiday Residences team welcomes your comments and is always open to suggestions and ideas of ways in which we can improve our service.

We are happy to hear that you had a great holiday and that your daughter enjoyed the kids club activities.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed April 29, 2011

So easy to find from the airport, 20 minutes at most (and that is with the slow uncertain driving). Security at gate gave us keys and escorted us to Villa and gave us brief tour of it (rentals team apparently normally do it, but it seems everyone on our flight was staying there).

So: modest size, but by no means cramped villa (deliberately chosen as we are only family of 4) on well sized plot, own pool, beautifully landscaped and maintained garden. Welcome pack of bread, milk, butter, juice etc made for a nice soft landing. It is all clean, more towels (both bath and beach) than we need, quality finishings such as V&B bathroom ware. All good, except no hot water...minor issue solved with phone call, hadn't been shown by security guard how to turn on.

Great local supermarket 10 minutes away, all done within a couple of hours, next stop pool. But it is April and it is quickly apparent that it is not heated, oops. It isn't freezing, but you can't spend too long in it, kids (3 & 5) could paddle but took some encouragement to get in fully. Apparently some villas do have heated pools, if we go again at this time of year this would be a must.

We were over on the East plateau, walking into resort village centre not really an option (hills, kids and just that bit too far). It is nice and quiet though, which is just what we were looking for.

The resort is beautiful, my wife is Californian and it reminded us of the masterplan golf communities that are very popular out there. Fortunately here the build densities are relatively low so there is lots of green and open spaces between the rooftops which soften the views nicely. I hate golf but love open grass areas so as long as I ignored the pompous pastel swingers, all was well.

Resort village is great, it is not authentic but it is beautifully constructed, clean, convenient with cafe/bar/restaurants and there was a brand new large kids play area, my 5yr old son insists I mention the zip line. There is a convenience store but it is predictably understocked and over priced, as you would expect a village store to be at home.

Many of the facilities were really for the hotels benefit (and no doubt the golfers), but we were able to take advantage of them too, although non-hotel guests do have to pay a supplementary fee.

My first time to Cyprus and was determined to explore a bit, resort is well situated for this. Whilst I am sure there is loads beyond, we found lots of fantastic places within an hours drive of the resort which was as much as were prepared to venture.

Service was sometimes disjointed and slow in the resort, but always warm and hospitable. It was a holiday, so as long the children were behaving at the table we were in no hurry anyway.

We would definitely go again, but next time ensure the pool in the villa was heated. The resort has a kids club, apparently great spa and dreaded golf lessons, all of which we didn't get around to making use of.

Oh also, the villa was owned by Russians, an observation suspected by the furnishings but confirmed by the selection of satellite channels. We met other people whose villa had come with DVDs, ours didn't so our post child bedtime viewing was limited to Cypriot TV, which was limited. Recommend that you take a few DVDs also just in case.

2  Thank Snitchard

Dear Reviewer,

We are happy to hear that you had a great holiday and look forward to welcoming you back in the near future to once again enjoy the 'best of both worlds' at our relaxing resort in a superior or junior villa with heated swimming pool.

Reviewed April 25, 2011

We booked the Aprohdite Hills villa through Expedia and all I can say is WOW. We booked a two bedroom apartment, which was ground floor, had a lovely garden and was 300 yards from the communal pool which we had all week to ourselves. Absolutely everything and I mean everything was in the apartment - good supply of fresh towels, beds changed once while we were there in the week. Fab Siemens kitchen appliances, ice cubes in the freezer, tea, coffee etc on the side as a welcome, great kitchen cutlery and crocks. An absolute gem of a place. Patio doors opened onto a stone patio with contemporary table, chairs and loungers plus a large lawn area for the kids to play on.

Warning - the resort shop has everything but is expensive so pop along to Pissouri and on the main road you will find a Supermarket as good as some here called Papanantonio.
We did a week's shop for a 150 euros and the beers/water and wine is all good. Great fresh meat, fish and deli counters too.

Good local restaurants are Leminaki and O Vrakas in Pissouri, but if you want something a little more remote right on the beach try Melanda Beach restaurant (good fish mezzo) ext turning off the main road after the second Pissouri turning (Advimou beach) or a little further follow signs to Kyrenia and there are 2 restaurants here - very lovely.

2  Thank ThePrincess71

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your recent stay with Aphrodite Hills Holiday Residences in Cyprus.

We appreciate your opinions and review any constructive comments very carefully.

It gives us great pleasure to learn that you had an enjoyable holiday overall and enjoyed the resort and surrounding villages.

We look forward to extending our hospitality to you again in the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2011

If this hotel was rated as 4 star I would have been writing a different review, but as it's a 5 star resort I have to say I was a little disappointed. The rooms were fairly small and not very modern, the bathroom was not even sparkling clean which I would expect from a 4 star let alone a 5 star. The breakfast in the morning was horrible, maybe they were having an 'off' day but it really was awful; tea was cold, bacon, halloumi, mushrooms all cold and hard. The location is remote but in perfect distance to explore 'Petra tou Romeou'. The hotel offers a fantastic golf course with great amenities. I would only go again if they had a special offer on.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed March 31, 2011

As a long term client of ICH, my expectations meet with the international branding as marketed by this company. I have no criticisms of the accommodation provided, (a two bedroomed junior villa with pool),however, I do not expect to be booked in to an ICH by the security men (no matter how pleasant) and nor do I expect to pay 17 Euros per person, for the use of the indoor hotel pool. Whenever, I went to the desk to speak with the person responsible for the villas, there was a sign up saying they were unavailable. I approached the reception in the hotel in order to get my priority points, but, was told that the hotel was nothing to do with the villa rentals. I booked through an ICH site, I chose the accommodation from their selection, at no point was I aware that it was not ICH. Furthermore, the complex was essentially CLOSED. No notification that only two resteraunts were open and even more disturbing was the fact that the lights were switched off on the road to our villa.I emailed ICH and have been passed from priority club, to guest relations who said that my comments were going to be dealt with by the hotel.....over a month later , I have heard nothing. It was a disappointing stay, and one which meant that we would not make a return visit to Cyprus.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family