First impression: Decent-looking hotel. Manhattan design. Spacious lobby. Small rooms.
However, once checked into our 2-double-bed room, we found ourselves in a tiny space with dusty furniture and moist/stained carpet. To make matter worse, the shower drain was blocked causing water to flood outside of the bathroom after a 3-min shower. The carpet was soaked beyond belief (which explained the moist/stains upon entering the room). We reported the incident and the staff sent someone to solve the drainage problem within an hour. At that point, the carpet was soaked through and through. Since the hotel was full that night, they brought a stack of towel to dry the carpet and made arrangements to move us the next morning. They also accepted to compensate us, understanding that it made our first of five nights at the hotel very unpleasant. We appreciated how the staff took care of us, especially 2 duty managers, Samantha and another gentleman with wicked coloured contact lenses (sorry, I didn't catch his name).
The remainder of the stay was reasonably acceptable. We got a more spacious and less dusty room with a nice view of the suburbs. They resolved the WiFi problem (had an issue with altering devices). The 2 elevators were back in service by the third day (at least one out of order at any given time, if not both). They had an enjoyable pool shared with the adjacent hotel.
Final word. Not cheap but decent hotel if you dont mind confined space. Helpful staff. Located close to Bell Station and a grocery store. Nice swimming pool.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mantra Bell City is located in Preston, just 20 minutes from the Melbourne CBD and airport, and within ten minutes of the Austin Hospital. It is close to both train and tram lines making it highly accessible to many of Melbourne's main attractions. Mantra Bell City offers guests stylish, well-appointed, fully furnished One and Two Bedroom Studios and Executive Suites with a kitchenette or full kitchen, business desk, wireless internet access, air-conditioning, in-room safe and LCD TV. Cot and high chair hire is available in all rooms on request and the One Bedroom Manhattan is wheelchair accessible. The onsite facilities include an outdoor swimming pool, extensive gym with sauna, business centre, dry cleaning and laundry services as well as 24 hour room service, two restaurants and bars and a handy cafe with convenience store. Please note: Mantra Bell City charges a cash bond of $400. Government issued photo ID is required at the time of check in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Mantra Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rydges Bell City Hotel And Residences
- Bell City Hotel Residences
- Bell City Preston
- Mantra Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne