I normally stayed at this hotel when it was branded a RYDGES, but since Bell City has opened a new Rydges is in the same complex and the Rydges rooms have been branded Sleep & Go. Sleep & Go used to be small little studios on the lower floors but these are all now Le Student 8.
When the current Sleep & Go were Rydges rooms they were rated at 4*, now as they have been let go, ie. badly marked walls, tired furniture I would rate them as a 3*
The TV reception was hazey at best and was a small tube unit. The corrodors to the rooms have a very bad musty smell.
The hotel now seems to be geared towards the younger univerity crowd, JD's bar loud as was the outside pool area, noise from this area could be heard in our room which was on the 6th floor overlooking the pool and continued until close at 11.00pm.
Staff were branded as Rydges, but not friendly...just doing a job.
The whole focus seems to be on the new hotel on the otherside of the complex with the old side "Sleep & Go" left to fend on its own.
Value was pretty good, adveristed rate was $99.00, was able to pick up the same room on expedia.com.au for $83.00, surprisingly, on check-in, the register showed expedia was sold the room for $53.00 so a nice $30.00 per night profit to them.
The hotel is still better than a Formule 1, close to transport and the city.
With a fresh coat of pain, new soft furnishings and a decent TV, property would be/could be a very hip 3.5* hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BreakFree Bell City offers premium accommodation in the centre of Melbourne that is affordable and offers everything you need in the one place. Situated 9 km from the Melbourne CBD and 20 minutes from the main airport in Melbourne, public transport is also just 5 minutes' walk from the hotel, making this hotel highly accessible to everything Melbourne has to offer. Within the complex you'll find a great range of facilities surrounded by landscaped gardens, including a large resort pool, BBQ, gymnasium, games room and sauna. There are several onsite restaurants including Chill Restaurant & Bar, the Pantry Cafe and JD's Diner. The Pantry Convenience Store also supplies essential goods you may need during your stay including milk, bread, fruit and vegetables. There is also a shared kitchen if you'd like to cook onsite, or head into Preston and dine at one of the many cafes and restaurants. Choose from the Budget 1 and Sleep & Go rooms, which feature wireless internet access (WiFi), LCD TV with Foxtel channels, private ensuite bathroom, work desk and tea and coffee making facilities. Many of the rooms have large floor-to-ceiling windows overlooking the Melbourne skyline and its surrounds. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, HostelWorld, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Booking.com, Cancelon, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your BreakFree Bell City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep And Go Bell City
- Sleep & Go Bell City Hotel Preston
- BreakFree Bell City Preston, Greater Melbourne